Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server for virtualization - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server for virtualization

2»

Comments

• What do you mean by burstnet deals? Could you give me an example please? :)

• @webcraft said:
    What do you mean by burstnet deals? Could you give me an example please? :)

if you check WHT lots of companies are trying to win over customers because they're closing down hostwinds had a big push at getting the majority of the customers by making a deal with DigiPlus. somehow?

• The problem with these 'Burstnet Deals' is that they are one month discounts. Delimiter has done phenomenally picking up Burstnet customers on the VPS, Dedicated and Colo. On the colo front because they have a weekly truck that runs between our Charlotte DC and Digiplus's Charlotte DC; and on Dedicated because people want migration,etc which Delimiter has bundled into their Burstnet promotions.

I gave you a few other options for L5420 and L5520 in my original posting.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited July 2014

We do this deal but it is a little over your budget but you get quality for service

Offering a complete BINB (Business in a box) setup we will enhance your business with our offering of complete setup service for your next OpenVZ platform.

In this package we offer a free domain registration of your choice and of course the famous SolusVM software.

We will configure everything so you do not need to worry - we will also provide a dedicated server for you as well with this package.

• 24x7x365 Priority Support

• Los Angeles Baseds

• The ability to customize a solution to fit your needs!

Package details:

You get:

(2) Six Core Intel Xeon 2.26GHz

48 GB RAM

1 TB SATA2 ( We can swap this out for SSD 120GB)

/28 subnet

100 Mbps Unmetered

Complete OpenVZ configuration including setup

Free domain name registration

Including SolusVM + Slave license.

£180 / $310 month.

Order link:
    http://www.myserverplanet.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=22

FAQ

Q: How long will it take for the server to be setup?

A: Normally, we aim for 6 hour setup time

Q: How long will it take to setup the server?

A: We will take 1-2 business days of your order to setup.

Q: I need more IP's?

A: We can provide more on request and justification.

You can get in contact with me directly [email protected]

Thank you,

Nick

• Cannot pay with paypal and no raid.

• MSPNick said: £180

Doesn't really fit my budget...

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited July 2014

@webcraft said:
    Doesn't really fit my budget...

Indeed this is why I mentioned it - I did list everything such
    Complete OpenVZ configuration including setup
    Free domain name registration
    Including SolusVM + Slave license.

This is all included with that server.

• @MSPNick said:

I would not recommend a VPS node without RAID, especially at that price.

• @MSPNick said:
    This is all included with that server.

I'd run VMware server on it and I'm going to set it up myself. In addition good support isn't a vital feature.

• @frixelsolutions said:
    I would not recommend a VPS node without RAID, especially at that price.

Must go and reconsider thanks for that!

• Without raid? Or ...

Make backup every 6 hour to ftp server solution too? Or not?

+750gb space 5eur at online.net

• BoxodeBoxode Member

ZweiTiger said: Without raid? Or ...

No RAID, but hardware failiure replacement is very fast; they always have techies on-site.

I'd buy a BuyVM $15/yr VPS and backup needed data every 3 hours, rotate & delete backups every week.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

You need to raise your budget. Its hard to find such a deal for 25$ :(

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

This is the best you can get, ask to see if they can add second hdd for you in config. Only problem with them is that IP there is costly, $3 per IP.

• @BlaZe said:
    You need to raise your budget. Its hard to find such a deal for 25$ :(

As mentioned in a previous post, I raised it to $35.

• @webcraft said:

Yeah, your going to need to raise it a little further. I wouldn't bother with OVH network as they like I said are vMac per IP address (as I believe anyways).

• Ok, $40 would be the highest I can go, but including a second public IP.

• http://www.poundhost.com/offers

UK host check them out.

• Is online.net accepting PayPal on new customers? I can't find closer information but I saw several paying with paypal over there.

• @webcraft said:
    Is online.net accepting PayPal on new customers? I can't find closer information but I saw several paying with paypal over there.

nope! only credit card

• @webcraft said:

Mate, use OVH SYS. I would not trust anything @MSPNick is saying as all he wants to do is spam his (rather badly priced) "offers" everywhere. Just check his post history.

IPs at OVH are not hard to set up. There are guides everywhere on how to setup Proxmox or SolusVM (if that's what you're using) with OVH's network.

• @0xdragon said:
    IPs at OVH are not hard to set up. There are guides everywhere on how to setup Proxmox or SolusVM (if that's what you're using) with OVH's network.

Yes.. However, SYS doesn't offer hwr within my price range. Swr is quite slowly with such a processor.

• cassacassa Member

@GoodHosting said:
    Note that a single HDD is NEVER enough to host customer servers.

DON'T DO IT

@mtwiscool want's to run 500 vpses on a single disk :')

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited July 2014

@webcraft said:
    Yes.. However, SYS doesn't offer hwr within my price range. Swr is quite slowly with such a processor.

Then you might want to consider that you are being very unreasonable with your budget of a measly $35. Does that even pay for power for anything but an atom?

http://www.soyoustart.com/us/offers/sys-ip-1.xml

Or

http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-lt2k14

If you're willing to have no RAID and a smaller uplink, the KS series could fit.

The current one in stock is KS-5B.

• talsittalsit Member

I think your best bet is the annual Delimiter L5520. It's a work horse and a good deal at $49/month. I've shopped around, other than a special, that's a hard deal to beat, I can't even colo my own server for that price. The $49 doesn't include a second HDD for RAID but, if I remember correctly, it isn't terribly expensive to add another drive.

The big downside for you is the upfront cost, it's $49/month for a year up front ($588).

Thanked by 1MarkTurner