Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some people with a Kimsufi server help testing Windows 7 & Server 2008 R2 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some people with a Kimsufi server help testing Windows 7 & Server 2008 R2

Comments

• can you not simply script it like windows server 2008 R2?

• Joodle, I believe I can test the image for you on a KS3.

• @XTServers said:
    Joodle, I believe I can test the image for you on a KS3.

Awesome, PM sent :)

• and a KS1

• SadySady Member
    edited August 2014

@joodle,
    Windows 7 is not working on online.net's C2750, Can you shed some light on it ? :(

EDIT : Windows is working fine (booting properly) but ethernet drivers aren't there.

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited August 2014

@StephenIzzy said:
    joodle,
    Windows 7 is not working on online.net's C2750, Can you shed some light on it ? :(

EDIT : Windows is working fine (booting properly) but ethernet drivers aren't there.

I'm aware of that, currently only Windows 8 and Server 2012 R2 are stable and working on the Online.net boxes.

• wychwych Member

@joodle said:
    Server 2012 R2 are stable and working on the Online.net boxes

So so so tempted...

• @wych said:
    So so so tempted...

Oh yes 2012 on the Nano is surprisingly good to use as a remote desktop

• Has anyone had any luck with 2008 R2 on a KS-4?

• @StephenIzzy said:
    joodle,

Even if you use Windows 2012 R2 template, you still need to use KVM to install network driver on this model

• If you know which exactly the driver is (the exact .inf .cab and .dll), you can do the following.

• Reboot in rescue and mount the drive.
    • Create a folder let's say Drivers on the C drive.
    • Navigate to the windows startup folder under tha Admin or Administrator user (whatever it's called).
    • Create a .bat file in there including the following line:
      pnputil.exe -a c:\Drivers*.inf

• Reboot the server back normally.

• PRAY it registers your drivers ;)

Good luck!

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited August 2014

@XTServers said:
    If you know which exactly the driver is (the exact .inf .cab and .dll), you can do the following.

• Reboot in rescue and mount the drive.
    • Create a folder let's say Drivers on the C drive.
    • Navigate to the windows startup folder under tha Admin or Administrator user (whatever it's called).
    • Create a .bat file in there including the following line:
      pnputil.exe -a c:\Drivers*.inf

• Reboot the server back normally.

• PRAY it registers your drivers ;)

Good luck!

That won't work because you will need to login to the server first or else it won't execute the .bat ;)

• Oh, I forgot it's password protected. The image I created was not, for testing purposes.

• @XTServers said:
    Oh, I forgot it's password protected. The image I created was not, for testing purposes.

And how did windows let you login remotely without a password?

• @camarg said:

And how did windows let you login remotely without a password?

Magic

• @camarg:

You can disable blank password restrictions by using a policy. To locate and change this policy:

Click Start, point to Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK to start the Group Policy Editor.
    Open Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only.
    Double-click Limit local account use of blank passwords to consol logon only.
    Click Disabled, and then click OK.
    Quit Group Policy Editor.

• @joodle said:

Any luck with 2008 or is it a dead duck?

• SadySady Member

I have figured our 2012 as well as Win 7 On my C2750 (online.net)
    Just Got KVM & Mount this ISO as virtual media :
    ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/CDR_Images/CDR-A1-UP/CDR-A1-UP_1.00_for_Intel_A1_UP_platform.iso

Then installed drivers as i am used to do.

• Well ... there's really nothing to figure out if you have KVM option. It's straight windows install. :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@StephenIzzy said:
    I have figured our 2012 as well as Win 7 On my C2750 (online.net)
    Just Got KVM & Mount this ISO as virtual media :
    ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/CDR_Images/CDR-A1-UP/CDR-A1-UP_1.00_for_Intel_A1_UP_platform.iso

Then installed drivers as i am used to do.

How did you get KVM?

• @netomx said:
    How did you get KVM?

Included in online.net control panel :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@supick said:
    Included in online.net control panel :)

Will check tomorrow, thanks :)

• I bought a ks1 with Intel Corporation D425KT Motherboard yesterday,I have waited more than 3 hours after "wget -O- 'http://ktd.joodle.nl/KS2012R2.gz' | gunzip | dd of=/dev/sda"has been done.But the RDP still can not use.Is it normal?Should I keep waiting?

• You can try another restart and see if you get ping connection. If not, that means it's not working.

• SadySady Member

@netomx said:
    Will check tomorrow, thanks :)

Yes, they have a automatic & secured system for getting KVM :)

• So I just saw this on the intel site
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3299

This is the card for the KS-3 kimsufi. It supports Windows 2008 R2, 2012, and 2012 R2.
    I am following the tutorial from @joodle but can't seem to install the network driver in the Virtual machine, it gives me "cannot install drivers no intel adapters are present in this computer". Hopefully someone can help me out? I am trying to install 2012 R2

• camjac251camjac251 Member
    edited November 2014

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated

• Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2008 R2 are now working with the KS-3 and KS-4. Check out my website for information about how to install it on your own Kimsufi. Got questions? Send me a PM or email me! :)

Thanked by 1N0v3mb3r
  • @joodle said:
    Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2008 R2 are now working with the KS-3 and KS-4. Check out my website for information about how to install it on your own Kimsufi. Got questions? Send me a PM or email me! :)

Good work! :)

• @joodle Just tested it on two E3-SSD-3's with success. Keep up the good work!