Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Dedicated Server Providers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Dedicated Server Providers?

2»

Comments

• Jade_GJade_G Member

Server Complete

They're very well known and very reliable. Also really cheap.

http://servercomplete.com

• wychwych Member

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    JamieAshbrook = wych ???

Erm...

@xDutchy said:
    It's Jamie's thread?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Despite what people may say I've had nothing but good experiences with both ChicagoVPS(@cvps_Adam) and DelimiterVPS(@MarkTurner)

Most of the complaints I've seen about delimiter usually stem from people trying to game their systems by providing false information.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner 0xdragon
  • zevuszevus Member

Hetzner by far right now, since it removed the setup fees for all of July.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @zevus - Hetzner is always good so is OVH

• MarkTurner said: Once those are resolved then like everyone else you will get prompt attention.

My account is in perfect standing and has the correct address information. I have got a working VPS yet no IPv6.

I have a ticket opened on 26 June asking for an IPv6 allocation as per the offer - ie it should have been set up at the start. The ticket has had ZERO response by delimitervps in the almost 7 days it has been open. I have pinged the ticket twice in this time.

@MarkTurner - it might be worthwhile looking at your systems and finding out why tickets are being ignored. Even if there is an issue (like the above) it should be mentioned because it is a response. Right now you appear to be ignoring customers.

Take a look at #825768 for me and see if you can get someone to address it.

• zevuszevus Member

@MarkTurner said:
    zevus - Hetzner is always good so is OVH

I agree... but right now, Hetzner is really, really good... since the setup fee is removed.

i7-4770 w/ 32GB of RAM, 2x3TB HDD's, 20TB bandwidth, 200mbit guaranteed on a gigabit port, etc... all for ~$41.15 USD (if you live outside the EU). Remember the prices on there already include the VAT charge.

I've had a server w/ them for about 2 years now (it was a 2600K that I upgraded to the 4770 whenever it was that they started using that.. maybe 6-9mo ago?). Haven't had a problem with it yet (knock on wood) plus it seems like I have good "partners" on the port I'm on, since my bitcoind will easily burst up to 100MB/s after a new block hits the network. I tried it out on a torrent about a year ago and it was able to get to 115MB/s upstream & sustain around 105MB/s. Eh, well, "sustain" as in 10 minutes. Didn't want to be too obnoxious about it.

• @Monsta_AU - I've messaged Delimiter's support tech, he said that you had requested an update only 10 minutes ago and he had responded back to you 30 seconds later to tell you to make the request under IP Addresses so they could escalate the ticket.

• @Zevus - if you live inside Europe then its +19% for VAT. Its added on top, not inclusive. I personally have a server there and have been very happy with it.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited July 2014

@Monsta_AU - Brian said it had just been allocated:

07/02/2014 19:14 New Request made
    07/02/2014 19:23 Escalation
    07/02/2014 19:37 IPv6 allocated and live

Is this all sorted now?

• zevuszevus Member

@MarkTurner said:
    Zevus - if you live inside Europe then its +19% for VAT. Its added on top, not inclusive. I personally have a server there and have been very happy with it.

The prices that are shown on their site have VAT included.

e.g. on the PX60 it says:

0 € Once-off Setup fee when ordering in July 2014
    Prices incl. 19 % VAT

• @Zevus - the buggers are charging me 19% on top!

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited July 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    Monsta_AU - Brian said it had just been allocated:

Only because I was actually told that IP requests in the Dedicated Support channel are not not able to be actioned. Why did that take 7 days to tell me that?

Ticket #825768

Client 06/26/2014 00:06
    I would like to get an IPv6 subnet allocated to this service as per the offer.

Client 06/28/2014 04:57

Can I please get a response on this request?

Client 07/02/2014 19:08

Why have I not received a response to this ticket?

Is there a problem with the allocation of IPv6 addresses?

Delimiter Employee

Staff 07/02/2014 19:14

The request needs to go to IP Allocation Request queue then it will be automatically copied to our administration to assign the block.

Can you re-request there and you should see it in a few hours.

Brian T

I do not find it acceptable to have no response for that period of time, yet 5 minutes after I post here I get response asking me to raise a ticket in a different channel.

Is this all sorted now?

It now is sorted. The speed of allocation was fantastic on the new ticket (#524411). The response to the original request was what I would term 'rather average' to put it kindly.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited July 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    Zevus - the buggers are charging me 19% on top!

haha. you may have ordered it when their pricing was different. I could still be on my i7-2600k w/ 16gb of RAM at 49 euro a month if I hadn't of upgraded it (and paid another 49 euro setup fee). I wanted to use the parallel operation w/ takeover of IP, but they had an extra fee for replacing your old system with the new one after you were done setting everything up (I believe it was somewhere between 59 and 79 euro).

I opted instead to take a little down time, buy one of their robot servers for $25... move everything over there & then move it back after they had replaced my old server. I guess I could have cancelled the robot server it a day later and gotten my money back but didn't want to be so miserly about it..

What convinced me to finally upgrade was when I was seeing the i7-2600k's with the same configuration as mine for 44 euro/mo. =( (ed: in the robot auctions)

• @Monsta_AU - Generally Delimiter will complete a ticket in minutes after receipt, if its not completed in minutes then something has happened, either they need to refer it or something has fallen through the cracks. In your situation, I'd say fallen through the cracks.

They'll probably hate me for saying it but if you don't get an answer in a reasonable time (that would mean 24 hours for an IP allocation) then close the ticket and reopen it with the same content and reference that the ticket has already been opened under ticket XYZ123 and no response. I dont think this issue is that common but it just ensures that the ticket hits their queue again.

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • @Zevus - I will probably move it to Yomura once they go live in Frankfurt, I should get it for free. But even still, Hetzner has been rock solid for me over the past 2 years. Very recommended

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@qps (QuickPacket) All the way!

Thanked by 1qps
  • zevuszevus Member
    edited July 2014

While the topic says "Best dedicated server providers", the body says "Can anyone recommend a few dedicated server providers that are known for being reliable and affordable?"... except for some network problems a couple of months ago, Hetzner has been solid for me for years.

For people mentioning other providers, I'd be interested in knowing what package they have that is close to the Hetzner i7-4770, 32GB RAM, 2x3TB HDD, 1GB port w/ 200mbps for roughly $55 a month and no setup fees (for another 28 days). While I'd certainly put a little extra value on the location (US better for me since I'm in Dallas), the lowest I've seen for something similar to that is close to $100.

• im using online.net apsolutly no problems! and you get a /48 ipv6 thrown in with all packages :D they charge vat on top tho! but if your vat registered you can claim it back