Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Dedicated Server Providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Dedicated Server Providers?

Can anyone recommend a few dedicated server providers that are known for being reliable and affordable?

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@steven_f at DediCube is reasonably priced and has awesome support.

• maybe quickpacket?

• DelimiterVPS

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Depends on total budget too.

• Hetzner for europe and Delimiter for USA.

• isalemisalem Member

QuickPacket ( @qps ) all the way!

Thanked by 1qps
  • talsittalsit Member

Delimiter or QuickPacket, in my experience, both are good and both are reasonably priced.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner qps
  • @agoldenberg said:
    steven_f at DediCube is reasonably priced and has awesome support.

Thanks for the mention. I'm going to see if we can roll out some cheaper servers shortly. :)

• @Steven_F said:

Wouldn't mind seeing some of those 50/month servers again :-).

My list: Reliablesite, Delimiter, Quickpacket for my choices so far.

Thanked by 1qps
  • @catalystium said:
    My list: Reliablesite, Delimiter, Quickpacket for my choices so far.

We won't be doing E3s and that price again.

• edited July 2014

At this moment of time I would not recommend Delimiter as support is a absolute disgrace, we have been waiting 9 days and our ticket is still not answered. Ticket #143436

• edanedan Member

@Freelancenerds said:
    At this moment of time I would not recommend Delimiter as support is a absolute disgrace, we have been waiting 9 days and our ticket is still not answered. Ticket #143436

@MarkTurner

• @edan Thanks edan I'm in discussion with Mark.

• edanedan Member

@Freelancenerds said:
    edan Thanks edan I'm in discussion with Mark.

I believe if you contact him earlier than your problems will sort out in instant :)

• QuickPacket, WholeSaleInternet, Datashack, OVH,

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited July 2014

@Freelancenerds - as I mentioned before, your account was flagged due to issues on the account. Once those are resolved then like everyone else you will get prompt attention.

• @edan - if was a simple IPv6 request then it would be easy to get fixed, but this is an administrative issue

• edited July 2014

You said our account was association with another person who owes a Yomura company money. Like I told you, this is absolutely absurd.

• @Freelancenerds - Maybe absurd but somehow they have come to that decision. As I said in PM, either way this will be resolved today, either your account will get taken off hold because they are satisfied with their review, or your order will be cancelled and refunded.

• We have accounts with other providers here and have never had issues like this. Ive give you my home and work number, your very welcome to ring me.

• ReeRee Member

@Freelancenerds said:

Still not resolved, or still not responded to? One ticket of mine took a couple days to resolve, but they replied instantly (well, within minutes) to let me know they'd look into it and update when they knew more (was related to a rdns request).

• @Freelancenerds - what I know so far - the address provided is bogus, the post code is bogus, the name doesn't correspond to the address; and so on.... You need to get this type of thing accurate or you're never going to get this hold removed.

• edited July 2014

Phone me now please because this is untrue. Ive give you my number.

@MarkTurner said:
    Freelancenerds - what I know so far - the address provided is bogus, the post code is bogus, the name doesn't correspond to the address; and so on.... You need to get this type of thing accurate or you're never going to get this hold removed.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited July 2014

@Freelancenerds - I have no interest in calling you, I am not Delimiter's representative and just because they speak to someone does not suddenly fix the invalid information you have provided.

You have an issue with Delimiter, you asked me for help. I helped you. Its down to you now whether you resolve the issue or just end up with your service cancelled and refunded.

I have been sent a copy of what you wrote and taken the postcode provided and stuck it into the Royal Mail postcode checker, its invalid.

There is no street number on the address and so on. In fact that street doesn't even exist in your town.

Having seen that, its clear that you haven't even fulfilled the basic requirement of providing accurate information.

Just fix it or cancel the service. I am sure you know by now that Delimiter hand verifies accounts. If the information is invalid you wont get anything other than a straight cancellation.

• I've had the account with them since March 2014, I don't understand why this wasn't picked up months ago. It seems that, having checked my account details, there is one digit in the postcode that is incorrect, which I cannot understand as I always enter the details accurately. You mentioned checking the correct address online, however if you enter my name and street name online it would come up. Having said that, to simply leave a ticket open and not respond seems poor, why did they not just respond and ask me to verify the address details as there seemed to be an error - why did it take you, on a open forum, to tell me what the issue was and why the ticket was not responded to.

Furthermore, why was the original explanation that you provided, which stated that I owed money, totally false.

As it stands, the ticket is open without response, some 9 days after my request.

@MarkTurner said:
    Freelancenerds - I have no interest in calling you, I am not Delimiter's representative and just because they speak to someone does not suddenly fix the invalid information you have provided.

You have an issue with Delimiter, you asked me for help. I helped you. Its down to you now whether you resolve the issue or just end up with your service cancelled and refunded.

I have been sent a copy of what you wrote and taken the postcode provided and stuck it into the Royal Mail postcode checker, its invalid.

There is no street number on the address and so on. In fact that street doesn't even exist in your town.

Having seen that, its clear that you haven't even fulfilled the basic requirement of providing accurate information.

Just fix it or cancel the service. I am sure you know by now that Delimiter hand verifies accounts. If the information is invalid you wont get anything other than a straight cancellation.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @Freelancenerds: its not just the one digit in a postcode, the street doesn't exist, there is no house or building number.

This not going to go away, if you don't want to provide validation information then just leave the account as is for 24 hours and it will be automatically cancelled. If you want to keep it, then fix it and open a billing ticket requesting that they revalidate the account and remove the flag.

• wychwych Member

Can you two not talk about this via PM rather than derail the thread?

• edited July 2014

@JamieAshbrook apologies.

• It's Jamie's thread?