Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Shut Down 150,000 UDP packets per second! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Shut Down 150,000 UDP packets per second!

124»

Comments

• @vedran said:
    What can you do with that information (except finding them and breaking their kneecaps which I doubt is the option)?

Isn't it illegal? Also, if it's a company, expose 'em

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2014

@Jar said:
    Lol. Dare to dream brother, dare to dream. Every company should spend millions to fight what costs $15 to start. I'd rather we make it legal to go hunting for people that initiate a DDOS and shoot on sight. Open season, brothers.

Offer DDoS services on hackforums, get info of buyer, kill them and dump their body off a yacht like Dexter.

It won't matter, their parents will just think they're still in their room/the basement. The only thing affected would be a drop in Red Bull/Mountain Dew sales

Thanked by 3c0y Pwner AlexanderM
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

another DDOS, resolved now @joodle I see you opened a ticket with billing about this, I will get back to you but moving nodes is not really a resolution to attacks.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

What is your monthly bandwidth usage?

If lower then 10GB then I think you don't need a DDoS Protection, You need to improve your firewall rules.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

@hostnoob said:
    Isn't it illegal? Also, if it's a company, expose 'em

Usually its cheaper to mitigate. Also quite often its very expensive to track down the originating source of an attack (reflection, compromised servers, servers hosting datacenters that don't give a rats etc).

150kPPS is easily mitigatable by a single server or appliance with a 10GbE nic fortunately. Providing all upstream (router, switch etc) is up to it as well.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@DewlanceVPS said:
    What is your monthly bandwidth usage?

If lower then 10GB then I think you don't need a DDoS Protection, You need to improve your firewall rules.

Care to explain your thoughts?

• FlorisFloris Member

@n1kko said:
    Need a UK XEN VPS with DDoS then I guess

OVH Gravelines has amazing latency to UK, and it is DDoS protected. Why not get a kimsufi there and setup Xen yourself?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish