Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm looking for VPS for Private Torrent-ing - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm looking for VPS for Private Torrent-ing

2»

Comments

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited July 2014

@Cakey said:
    Yup.

Thanks, I've always wondered about their network! Most people seem to think they are crap...

• CakeyCakey Member

@linuxthefish said:
    Thanks, I've always wondered about their network! Most people seem to think they are crap...

Welp, I've never seen any drops in it so yea.

• AvatecerAvatecer Member
    edited July 2014

wow that speed, i might take a look at online.net
    do you ever try torrent on their service?
    9.99 euros for dedis seems good.

Wait, do anyone have tried to subscribe or sign up online.net? Do they need Credit Card? What about paypal

• NekkiNekki Veteran

hostnoob said: I downloaded Watch_Dogs on day 1 from a public tracker and uploaded 250GB+ and didn't get so much as a notice from them.

Getting a DCMA note isn't a precise science. Also, BAD MAN, YOU RUIN VIDEO GAMING INDUSTRY!

• MuZoMuZo Member

@Avatecer said: Wait, do anyone have tried to subscribe or sign up online.net? Do they need Credit Card? What about paypal

There are many threads in this forum about online.net

In short: if you are a new customer you can only pay with CC but prepaid CCs doesn't work. They used to accept paypal but now it's restricted only for existing clients who have an active service.

edited July 2014

@MuZo said:

I see, paypal doesn't work, prepaid CC also, so i have to look another company
    Thanks for the infos

• The worse is, I can't use CC, as I've found some people said that they may charge for something

• @Nekki said:
    Getting a DCMA note isn't a precise science. Also, BAD MAN, YOU RUIN VIDEO GAMING INDUSTRY!

I know better than to buy things outright without testing them. If I like something and it's worth it, I buy it. I played Watch_Dogs for like 5 minutes and deleted it. Would have been a massive waste of £50

• NekkiNekki Veteran

hostnoob said: I know better than to buy things outright without testing them. If I like something and it's worth it, I buy it. I played Watch_Dogs for like 5 minutes and deleted it. Would have been a massive waste of £50

5 minutes isn't enough. The online mode is banter like you would not believe.

• RamiRami Member

@Avatecer said:
    The worse is, I can't use CC, as I've found some people said that they may charge for something

I used to pay with PayPal but I do not know if they still accept it or not

• zevuszevus Member

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

those are all unlimited on a gbit port

i imagine you may get kicked off if you didn't rate limit your torrent client though

edited July 2014

@zevus said:
    http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

those are all unlimited on a gbit port

i imagine you may get kicked off if you didn't rate limit your torrent client though

I see, I limit my rate to 10MBps max download. That one is quite cheap, are they accepting paypal?
    but it seems they do not allow torrent or even keep illegal files

• zevuszevus Member
    edited July 2014

Well, that's pretty much a prerequisite, otherwise they open themselves up to all sorts of legal issues.

I just logged on my account & the stuff I payed for in January was via Paypal, so, yeah, they accept Paypal. I don't recall if they asked for ID verification or anything like that, though.

I wouldn't worry about going over 10MB/s. Probably shouldn't be over something like 50MB/s for an extended period of time on a shared port, though.

Oh, I used the E3-1230's. Had a couple dozen of them at one point. That's the best deal, but obv. if you wanted to go for something cheaper, the i3 would be plenty. I'm unsure about those nanos.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

@GoodHosting might be able to help you. They offer unmetered on a "fair share" basis; which I assume just means "dont be a dickhead" and abuse the line because its shared.

Doubt GH would ban a client for using a lot of bandwidth and they have affordable prices + accept paypal.