Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Regarding: LowEndTalk Signature Rules - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Regarding: LowEndTalk Signature Rules

13»

Comments

• vedranvedran Veteran

MikHo said: Even on my ipad it's two lines.

You have an empty line at the end. I've informed the internet police, be prepared

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@vedran said:
    You have an empty line at the end. I've informed the internet police, be prepared

OMG,11!11!1!1!11!1111!!!!!!

I'll start flushing the evidence right away.

• @MikHo said:
    I'll start flushing the evidence right away.

Internet Police: knock knock We're here for you, come out with your hands up.

You're surrounded, we have ICANN here with us too, don't do anything stupid.

• @eddynetweb said:

Where's the Internet Task Force (IETF lol) when you need them?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@eddynetweb said:

• @MikHo said:

Goddamnit, that made me laugh.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

@GoodHosting Instead of chatting here about signatures and votes in poll, could you please take a little time and answer my support ticket or answer even to the pm I sent you in your LET account in 11th of July? The vps I paid over 3 days ago is still a ghost: no ip, no details, no email with details, no solusvm, no nothing. Ticket only is over 2 days, now, open without a single response...

• @GoodHosting said:
    Where's the Internet Task Force (IETF lol) when you need them?

They're busy cracking down on fake online lemonade stands. Damn girl scouts.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2014

I assume the only reason this thread is even important is because the only real consideration you have for LET now is for selling your wares? Likely the only reason your here I am guessing, if the signature is really that important to you?

You do realize this is supposed to be a technology forum about VPS/VDS/Cloud products, not the corrupt sales dumping ground ColoCrossing has allowed it to become, right?

How about this, how about instead of only thinking about your self and your precious signature you go and open a new thread that actually does one of the following:

1. Teaches people about VPS/VDS/Cloud technology

2. A tutorial for how to install/maintain/setup of a VPS/VDS/Cloud Product or application

3. Start a thread about a up and coming technical happenings and have a discussion about them.

4. Post a review of a host you have used for more than 90 days with a thorough description of what you used it for and ran on it so we can understand why your review is weighted as it is and can be taken seriously.

5. Post a deal for a service that you have found that fits into the LET price range that hasn't been listed here or talked about that might be interesting (that you or your company have no hand in).

At least then you could say you contributed something to the community more than a thread on "How can I make my posts more spammy or look pretty so I feel better about my advertisement?".

TL;DR:

Try actually contributing something to the community instead of complaining, asking, bickering, about how you can twist the rules so you can add more spam to threads for your company. This should not even be a topic here, but sadly, with ColoCrossings acquisition and their commercialization (bastardization) of this forum, it seems all that anyone cares about now is how they can scam for their next dollar. Instead of working to help and educate people, now we have threads like this.

Your signature should not be the most important part of your contribution in this forum, and if it is, you are here for all the wrong reasons. The doors is that way.....

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

• petrispetris Member

@TheLinuxBug said:
    I assume the only reason this thread is even important is because the only real consideration you have for LET now is for selling your wares? Likely the only reason your here I am guessing, if the signature is really that important to you?

You do realize this is supposed to be a technology forum about VPS/VDS/Cloud products, not the corrupt sales dumping ground ColoCrossing has allowed it to become, right?

How about this, how about instead of only thinking about your self and your precious signature you go and open a new thread that actually does one of the following:

1. Teaches people about VPS/VDS/Cloud technology

2. A tutorial for how to install/maintain/setup of a VPS/VDS/Cloud Product or application

3. Start a thread about a up and coming technical happenings and have a discussion about them.

4. Post a review of a host you have used for more than 90 days with a thorough description of what you used it for and ran on it so we can understand why your review is weighted as it is and can be taken seriously.

5. Post a deal for a service that you have found that fits into the LET price range that hasn't been listed here or talked about that might be interesting (that you or your company have no hand in).

At least then you could say you contributed something to the community more than a thread on "How can I make my posts more spammy or look pretty so I feel better about my advertisement?".

TL;DR:

Try actually contributing something to the community instead of complaining, asking, bickering, about how you can twist the rules so you can add more spam to threads for your company. This should not even be a topic here, but sadly, with ColoCrossings acquisition and their commercialization (bastardization) of this forum, it seems all that anyone cares about now is how they can scam for their next dollar. Instead of working to help and educate people, now we have threads like this.

Your signature should not be the most important part of your contribution in this forum, and if it is, you are here for all the wrong reasons. The doors is that way.....

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

Just because signatures aren't the most important thing about a forum doesn't mean that they shouldn't be discussed. You're free to not read this thread just like you're free to not read any other thread.

On that note, this thread is definitely more important than the FIFA thread yet you don't see me complaining about it.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2014

Let signature rules is already generous compared to other forum

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

petris said: You're free to not read this thread just like you're free to not read any other thread.

Yes, people waste way too much energy to say they are not interested in something. However, it is his right to say it, and some points there are worthy of attention.

• If we'd have it "be reasonable" it'd be up to interpretation and it'll be all subjective what's allowed and not. I'm fine with that, because I have a good definition of what I think is reasonable and I'm pretty sure my staff share that opinion. I don't think members will like it, though, and I'd probably have to keep explaining myself.

• petrispetris Member

@Maounique said:
    Yes, people waste way too much energy to say they are not interested in something. However, it is his right to say it, and some points there are worthy of attention.

I wasn't saying that he shouldn't, but that he's free not to. There are some good points in there but ultimately everything is worthy of a discussion.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited July 2014

@mpkossen said:
    If we'd have it "be reasonable" it'd be up to interpretation and it'll be all subjective what's allowed and not. I'm fine with that, because I have a good definition of what I think is reasonable and I'm pretty sure my staff share that opinion. I don't think members will like it, though, and I'd probably have to keep explaining myself.

I think most reasonable members would like that. But...

Thanked by 1mpkossen