Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[stack.xyz] Get those cool & short domains you always wanted. - Your domain database - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[stack.xyz] Get those cool & short domains you always wanted. - Your domain database

2»

Comments

• akzakz Member

@hoczaj said:
    akz Do you still have issues? I checked and it seems fine.

images work again, but still shows me as an invalid user. (check your pm to me for my username) thanks.

• Your bootstrap theme looks great.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

Could .yt domains also be added? :)

• hoczajhoczaj Member
    edited June 2014

@iKeyZ as you wish. :)
    Time remaining to finish checking all the 3 letter (excluding numbers) domains: 19 hours, 49 minutes. :)

• CoreyCorey Member

I made something like this 3 years ago but it only got about 2000 visits per month so I discontinued it as it didn't make enough money to renew the domain.

• @Corey said:
    I made something like this 3 years ago but it only got about 2000 visits per month so I discontinued it as it didn't make enough money to renew the domain.

A service like this would get more and more useful as time passes...

• MrXMrX Member

hoczaj said: cm.com - Expiration Date: 22-mar-2014

jv.net - Expiration Date: 17-mar-2014
    Whois servers reporting them free since 2 week, however still not available for registration. So these last two domains' statuses are just weird... :)

Two-character .net are reserved by VeriSign. If they expire, they may appear available but cannot be registered. I think the same goes for .com.

• CoreyCorey Member

PremiumN said: A service like this would get more and more useful as time passes...

I had the site online for 3 years :)

• hoczajhoczaj Member

@Corey I were giving VPS services 8 years ago, and closed that department after 1 year, and stayed with shared hosting. Noone cared about VPSes and because of non existence of VT-x in consumer grade CPUs and other missing technologies. it did not worth the effort and investment... Now look at this forum. It is basically built around VPSes. :)

So as @PremiumN says, things could get more and more useful as time passes... when you run out of IPv4 it gets more&more expensive. In my country it is $9 / ip / month for consumers. Some DC gives them for $3

So as you run out of options you start to look for more options. However may you have noticed that the first reason to push this application was the high demand on my simple domain availability checker script. :)

It is the user's decision, if he found it useful and want to make any donation, but did not built around that scheme. (Actually, the donation button still missing)

• hoczajhoczaj Member

Stack.xyz just processed the millionth domain

So far I received some success stories. If you found a great domain thanks to this small web app, feel free to share the success with me here or via PM (or e-mail as most of you did)

Some update on .eu: I run into trouble with that, fixing as soon as possible. (so another re-add will occur)

• Any updates on .im?

• hoczajhoczaj Member

I had other assignments to do.

.im coming tonight.
    .eu still needs some coding

By the way you can follow @StackXYZ on twitter.

Or me @hoczaj :)

Thanked by 1zimbo
  • @hoczaj said:
    I had other assignments to do.

.im coming tonight.
    .eu still needs some coding

By the way you can follow StackXYZ on twitter.

Or me hoczaj :)

I think your site is broken. When I click on the number (of x Letter domains) nothing happens (Chrome v36)

• @hostnoob

Sorry, the link is just a href="#" , so does not lead anywhere... :)

I kinda abandoned the project for a while. I have a lot of other coding to do. :)

• @hoczaj said:
    hostnoob

Sorry, the link is just a href="#" , so does not lead anywhere... :)

I kinda abandoned the project for a while. I have a lot of other coding to do. :)

Yeah I noticed you have to click "free domains" to see them. I thought that just meant literally free domains so I never clicked on it. You should change it to available IMO

Nice site though :)

• Can you put the script with the interface for downloading?

• no .info?

• Most of you found out that I abandoned the project a while ago. It may resurrect it may not, however as It was promised before, I released it, with the scripts that were used to populate the database:

https://github.com/hocza/stackXYZ

Thanked by 3bohdans tommy lostsoul
  • @hoczaj wow, thank you!

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2015

@hoczaj do you want to sell the domain for somebody, who is interested to takeover the project?

Nice thingy though.

• The domain already expired and reregistered by someone else months ago, sorry. :(

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

Its down ? not opening ?
    EDIT: Ah ! Can you put this elsewhere ? I am really excited to see it live & working :D