Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[stack.xyz] Get those cool & short domains you always wanted. - Your domain database
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[stack.xyz] Get those cool & short domains you always wanted. - Your domain database

The reason of existence of Stack.xyz

I had a problem: I wanted a short domain. It took ages to manually find it, so I made a script, MDAC.
https://github.com/hocza/mdac

After publishing it on github, the number of visits raised to 60-70 / day. So It seems that there is demand for this kind of script. Then hell started. :) Non-compatibility, errors, e-mails requesting for help, and even here (LET) I received some help requests.

So, I decided to make a web app for you: https://stack.xyz
It is collecting the available domains right now. It will take a while to check all possibilities and almost all tlds, but while it is collecting data, meanwhile you can use it. :)

The purpose

You may have figured out that the purpose of this web app is to find every 2-3 or even 4 letter (or 1 word) free or soon expiring domains.

How to use it / Features

• Basically, you register first. Then I assure you, that you will find your way using this application.
  • [Available Domains feature] -Please note, that this list takes some time to load!- You can look/filter available domains at "free domains" menu. (Maybe it will be renamed to "Available domains").
  • [Report as taken] Within the "free domains" you can report domains as taken. It may got registered after our initial check, or there were some problem with the whois servers. Sometimes the whois server report a domain free then not. (Usually the India internet did this false reporting) Pressing the button will check the domain via DNS entries. If it has any DNS record, the domain will be removed from the list. If not, it stays 'reported' and an another module will process it (when it will be done). Meantime I may delete them manually.
  • [Expiring Domain Feature] There is another cool function, which is the Expiring domains. There are so many domains that may expire, and if you're fast enough you may register it.

Upcoming update's new features

Do not know when, but it will occur in this month.

• 1 word domain list. :) (so it will require a dictionary)
  • Letting you to append words to the dictionary.
  • Module that can check the reported domains properly
  • Improve the signup system's error handling
  • Improve the "processing" (domain search&check) module
  • Any other suggestions you make. :)

Bugs / Why is it released in such an early stage

If you find any bugs please free to report it for me at: jozsef at hocza dot com

There are many things to do, and should be implemented, but inspite of that the App had to release to take of the pressure on my mailbox. The pressure, that I mentioned at the start. :)

So feel free to use it, and feel free to suggest TLDs.
Currently processing: .co, .com, .io, .ee
While you read this, Stack just checked almost a thousand domains. :)

A picture is worth a thousand words... here it is: https://stack.xyz

I may release Stack.xyz as open source in the future

Thanked by 2Noerman Blanoz

Comments

• akzakz Member

I just tried to register and it wont let me login with my user and pass.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited June 2014

You fail!

Invalid Password

Well, f*** you sir, get your shit sorted.

• hoczajhoczaj Member

@akz reseted your password (and checked it) pm'd you.

• hoczajhoczaj Member
    edited June 2014

@Floris Sorry I forgot to change the error message. :) I did not mean to offend you.

Can you help me? Did you use any #@!( characters? I use passport.js it should not have problem with these things, but who knows. Did you try your name with first letter Uppercase?

• akzakz Member

@hoczaj works now, however when I try to goto settings to change my password it shows 404. Otherwise looks good, will play with it later tonight.

• FlorisFloris Member

@hoczaj said:
    Floris Can you help me? Did you use any #@!( characters? I use passport.js it should not have problem with these things, but who knows. Did you try your name with first letter Uppercase?

My password was not including any special characters, no. and I tried both, none worked.

• hoczajhoczaj Member

@akz Yes, settings it not yet implemented, sorry. :) Just added to the to-do list.

Since it is in a very early stage, I focused on bringing the mdac script alive as a web app. :)

• hoczajhoczaj Member

@Floris I will add a "repeat password" at registration, maybe a typo happend. Anyway, I changed your password, PM'd you.

• BradBrad Member

For the free domains serch page, maybe have some kind of progress bar, so we don't have worry if it's actually loading.

• kaflokaflo Member

you should add "Beta"

• hoczajhoczaj Member
    edited June 2014

@kaflo well yes, 0.1.0 is far from stable version :) (added the 'Beta' to logo, and to the title, to properly indicate it)

@brad kay. I'll see what I can do about it, thanks for the suggestion!

• Not being cocky but where's the terms and privacy policy they don't work (Well not in chrome)

• hoczajhoczaj Member

@Licensecart hm, yes something is wrong with the bootbox.js (I hide it until it get fixed)

• Has anyone found a domain available through this tool? Everything I try is taken.

• Awesome, registered.

• hoczajhoczaj Member

Usually .com is taken as far as i noticed. If you whois them by yourself it reports an owner, but in the same query reports it free. Strange... I will look into it.

Oh and please report the taken domains.

• Most of these are false. When i check them they are already registered.

• hoczajhoczaj Member

@PremiumN Just made an annoucement on the dashboard, that you may not look for available domain in .com since it's whois server doing some false reporting, so I'm working on a combinated test now for .com (every other tld doing fine with reporting available / taken domains)

By the way, which tld should be the next to process? :)

• how about .im and .me?

• can .net be added and possible .us?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@PremiumN said:
    Most of these are false. When i check them they are already registered.

maybe first of whom registered there had been a grabber...
    @hoczaj did you consider a regular re-checking of listed domains to sort out taken ones?

• When you add a dictionary search you should include the domain extensions in the word - e.g. say there's two new domains, ".ox" and ".box". If I do a dictionary search for LowEndBox, it should return LowEnd.Box and LowEndB.ox assuming they're both not taken, if you see what I mean.

• hoczajhoczaj Member

@PremiumN & @klpowell: going to add them tonight. Maybe not all at once, but one-by-one.

@Falzo yes, it is on the top of the To Do list. ( but meantime you can force Stack to check it with the report button) just a bit more coding, a some tests, and it may be pushed to live, wednesday

@AThomasHowe: Thanks for the suggestion. It definitely sounds promising. Added to the list. :)

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • hoczajhoczaj Member
    edited June 2014

Announcement:

• Stack just collected some (approx 150) 3 letter .co that just got expired & released in the last five days. Go get 'em. :) (3 weeks ago there were only 7 available in the 3 letters category.)

• .us & .me just got added. (At the end of the day, all 2 and 3 letters should be processed.)

• .net got delayed for 1-2 days. (.com & .net have the same whois server. Since we are collecting .com, "we are banned: Maximum Daily connection limit reached. Lookup refused.")

• .im launches when the new version of "crawling bot" (aka: mass domain availability checker) comes out, to avoid the .im whois server's false reports.

• hoczajhoczaj Member

.net is added and as a bonus .org too

• hoczajhoczaj Member
    edited June 2014

Some expiring, not-yet renewed domains that Stack.xyz found, which are already in Grace or Redemption period:

k4.net - Expiration Date: 22-apr-2014 - Expected release date: 06 - july - 2014
    bcm.net - Expiration Date: 21-may-2014 - Expected release date: 04 - aug - 2014

.net Grace period & Redemption:
    Following the request to delete the domain in the registry on 45 th day after expiry, the domain is placed into a registry status called ‘redemption’, which lasts for a further 30 days.

Some already expired however not released domain that may worth to keep checking...

cm.com - Expiration Date: 22-mar-2014
    jv.net - Expiration Date: 17-mar-2014
    Whois servers reporting them free since 2 week, however still not available for registration. So these last two domains' statuses are just weird... :)

Thanked by 1zimbo
  • I like this alot. Good job.

• hoczajhoczaj Member

New TLDs are being added

Let's welcome: .pw / .de / .ie / .eu / .hu (some love for Hungary)
    Happy hunting! :)

(process just started, so it may take up to 2 days to cache all 2 and 3 letter domains)

One more thing: .net just started to catch 4 char available domains. :)

• akzakz Member

is the site having issues? shows incorrect login and page pictures does not load.

• hoczajhoczaj Member

@akz Do you still have issues? I checked and it seems fine.