Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got the news from Virtovo - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Just got the news from Virtovo

13»

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    and now I am a dick.

Well I would not say that's just a recent event :P

Joking aside though, it seems there is a solution so I do not understand why the kids get so upset sometimes. If IH had not come along this place is such a drama pit that that the next thread would have been

"Inception hosting could have helped here but they are only interested in themselves.."

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2014

Ah come on me and Ryan ran catalyst for a year with no clients and I started the vps hosting at 2AM with a bottle of everclear and a credit card, and it took a long time to break even. It's a tough market but it's that age factor that makes the company attractive these days. Hate to see you go but I guess it beats running a company you're not happy with.

• @AnthonySmith - "Sorry I was not being serious I missed the ironic sarcasm tags out."

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Toadyus said:
    AnthonySmith - "Sorry I was not being serious I missed the ironic sarcasm tags out."

it lacked context.

• blackblack Member

I just like to say that @Virtovo offered a great service. It was stable and I didn't notice any downtime during the 4+ months of service. It served as a excellent speed test location. If Virtovo decides to start another hosting project sometime in the future, I'd definitely give it a try.

• it's not good news :(

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I am not a customer of Virtovo nor Inception however both have handled this thread professional and Anthony is just trying to help. Why are we applying mob mentatility to this thread?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I can't see any lack of professionalism from Anthony at all.

Some people seems to be just trying to jump on whatever they can to bash an honest individual (which from my dealings with him, Anthony is).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Anthony made a statement that sounded condescending toward refugee offers and Corey didn't like it, there now we're all on the same page. Don't have to pick a side.

Thanked by 2Nekki Mark_R
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

For me it looks like a good ending, I cannot comment on the things behind it, but as LET regular I can say there could be no better way to handle it.

• GoodHosting said: One of the caveat / "interesting points" involved in my ban was because we offered refugee to LowEND clients in one of the threads

That was not one of the reasons for your ban, just to make that clear :-)

@Corey said:
    That's pretty weird - I thought it was allowed here. If it isn't allowed we need a definitive rule.

It is allowed.

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2014

@shovenose said:
    I am not a customer of Virtovo nor Inception however both have handled this thread professional and Anthony is just trying to help. Why are we applying mob mentatility to this thread?

Nothing has been posted to allow the mob to hit GVH this week ;)

Thanked by 1shovenose
  • jtl999jtl999 Member

Shame. I was thinking of ordering a server form Virtovo in their Vancouver location because of low latency. Good luck to your future projects. Might be going with Quaranet for a LA cloud VPS. It's not Northwest but it'll do!

• @jtl999 said:
    Shame. I was thinking of ordering a server form Virtovo in their Vancouver location because of low latency. Good luck to your future projects. Might be going with Quaranet for a LA cloud VPS. It's not Northwest but it'll do!

We're currently working on spinning up our own datacenter in BC. You'd be surprised just how much money it's going to cost us up here, where power costs 4x what it should; and peering starts at $12 per mbps ....

• @jtl999 Where are you located?

• jtl999jtl999 Member

@GoodHosting said:
    We're currently working on spinning up our own datacenter in BC. You'd be surprised just how much money it's going to cost us up here, where power costs 4x what it should; and peering starts at $12 per mbps ....

I know peering is that expensive. It's quite unfortunate and unforgiving for new companies (unless you have deep pockets) Best of luck