Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got the news from Virtovo - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Just got the news from Virtovo

Comments

• DavidxDavidx Member

@Corey said:
    Let's be honest here - the only reason you are trying to 'help' is to hopefully gain future business from it. (Which I'm not against... just dont like how you say its sooo different from a refuge promo code)

At least Anthony doesn't open up refugee threads.. haha.
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/28537/lowend-co-refugee-offer

I think Anthony has good intentions, and there couldn't be a better provider to help Virtovo out.

• ToadyusToadyus Member
    edited June 2014

@anthonysmith - you were the 5th poster in this thread to comment about wanting to help people out before @virtovo even commented. If that isn't circling the dead carcass on the highway then I don't know what to call it.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Why doesn't @AnthonySmith get's Susan on board?

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited June 2014

David_P said: At least Anthony doesn't open up refugee threads.. haha. http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/28537/lowend-co-refugee-offer

I think Anthony has good intentions, and there couldn't be a better provider to help Virtovo out.

I'm fully aware of threads that I open - thanks - never said I had anything against it... just telling him how it sounds EXACTLY like a refugee code snipe/post whatever you want to call it.

@Toadyus said:
    anthonysmith - you were the 5th poster in this thread to comment about wanting to help people out before virtovo even commented. If that isn't circling the dead carcass on the highway then I don't know what to call it.

Agreed.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Toadyus see http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/621913/#Comment_621913 but make of it what you will.

If I can help out why wouldn't I ?

Honestly I half expected this but it is what it is, an offer.

• DavidxDavidx Member

Seems like honest providers can't help others without being shot down by jealous, shoddy ones.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

tr1cky said: Why doesn't @AnthonySmith get's Susan on board?

I'm not sure why he would; if he doesn't need the help, it wouldn't make any financial sense to do so.

• I think Anthony is uniquely poised to help people out as he is with the same upstream we use so would offer an exact match for the service (albeit Xen).

All refunds requested so far have been processed.

• CoreyCorey Member

@David_P said:
    Seems like honest providers can't help others without being shot down by jealous, shoddy ones.

Thanks for the jab @David_P but that wasn't my intention, my intention was calling him out on disguising a refugee code. I will repeat that I am not against any of this, refugee codes, or Anthony helping these other customers. I don't even offer KVM so I have no intention of 'shooting him down because I am jealous'. Some people....

@Corey once again, I am in a fairly unique position here as @Virtovo has said, I assure you that had this been in GoRack or similar in the same state I would not have done the same thing.

I know you don't believe me, I don't really need you to either, I know why I offered it as does @Virtovo after a PM conversation in advance, as I said we will have to agree to disagree.

Moving on.....

• @David_P

@AnthonySmith

One of the caveat / "interesting points" involved in my ban was because we offered refugee to LowEND clients in one of the threads, even though we'd already offered a very similar thing to many other companies clients who were faced with similar misfortunes... LET can be a rather angry place sometimes.

Don't let it bug you much.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • CoreyCorey Member

@AnthonySmith

One of the caveat / "interesting points" involved in my ban was because we offered refugee to LowEND clients in one of the threads, even though we'd already offered a very similar thing to many other companies clients who were faced with similar misfortunes... LET can be a rather angry place sometimes.

Don't let it bug you much.

That's pretty weird - I thought it was allowed here. If it isn't allowed we need a definitive rule.

• ToadyusToadyus Member
    edited June 2014

@AnthonySmith - Yeah you're in a unique position of obtaining customers that you didn't have to do anything to obtain, well other than right place / right "inconvenient" time for @virtovo.

You can sugar coat this all you want but you don't fool me with your..." Just putting it out there this is not a refuge code snipe."

• @Corey said:
    That's pretty weird - I thought it was allowed here. If it isn't allowed we need a definitive rule.

Well, mine was only a caveat because my ban reason was that I allegedly had some association with LowEND itself, and that allegedly everything up to and including the refugee offer was just a well planned scam operation...

A little too LowEndConspiracy to me, but hey.

• @Toadyus said:
    AnthonySmith - Yeah you're in a unique position of obtaining customers that you didn't have to do anything to obtain, well other than right place / right "inconvenient" time for virtovo.

You can sugar coat this all you want but you don't fool me with your..." Just putting it out there this is not a refuge code snipe.This isn"

And yet he's working with Virtovo to do the offer, therein; Virtovo obviously consented to it, so why do you care if they together want to make sure that the clients have somewhere to happily continue their service?

You're not even a client of them are you?

• @GoodHosting - I'm not a customer of either, I was interested in the Virtovo's Vancouver offer but that door closed before I could purchase one.

Um you might want too look up and see Anthony was commenting in this thread while the flames on virtovo's business were still burning.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

http://summerhost.biz/subpage.html use coupon code VIRTOVO for 80% off

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

Also

Toadyus said: Um you might want too look up and see Anthony was commenting in this thread while the flames on virtovo's business were still burning.

I wouldn't say "flames were still burning", people were just a bit confused since it was worded as though they were just closing another location, and Vancouver was just recently closed. He also said he discussed over PM beforehand.

@Toadyus said:
    GoodHosting - I'm not a customer of either, I was interested in the Virtovo's Vancouver offer but that door closed before I could purchase one.

Um you might want too look up and see Anthony was commenting in this thread while the flames on virtovo's business were still burning.

You seem to be a very angry young man, get a grip eh.

• Just putting it out there...lol I'm actually fine thanks.

No you are not fine, you are forcing it out there, you want to see everything fall apart !!! oh wait, no it is possible I was wrong and you are just as you said, fine!

Damn internet making me think everyone is bad!

Thanked by 2iKeyZ definedcode
  • @AnthonySmith - umm I don't want to see anything fall apart and I'm not forcing anything out. I'm merely stating how I saw things unfold.

As you said earlier...Moving on.....

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2014

@AnthonySmith If you are in the same DC and possibly same rack, why doesn't Virtovo sell you their hardware and you just take over hosting the KVMs currently on it. That way customers don't have to change virtualization types or worry about migrating to begin with? Or, is this a case where the hardware they chose is too expensive to support and thus the reason they are going out of business?

I am both curious and serious as I am a current Virtovo customer as well as Inception Host, but would prefer to stick with KVM instead of XEN.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1Corey

@TheLinuxBug I don't know the financials and I would not like to speculate but I have suggested it may be possible for me to take over the hardware as is.

edited June 2014

@Toadyus said:
    AnthonySmith - umm I don't want to see anything fall apart and I'm not forcing anything out. I'm merely stating how I saw things unfold.

As you said earlier...Moving on.....

Sorry I was not being serious I missed the ironic sarcasm tags out I was trying to illustrate that intentions are not always bad and I am not intending to be a vulture circling the flaming company but as it is written on the internet it is usually interpreted that way (the worst possible way)

I suppose the response illustrated that better than my failed attempt :)

• I was having a very good service from them. Sorry to hear they are closing.. :{

• ToadyusToadyus Member
    edited June 2014

@AnthonySmith - Very witty of you to show your crass behavior with your incoherent rambling of nonsense earlier. I wasn't sure you if you were having mental problems or you were just being a "vulture". I guess it doesn't take a genius to figure out you were being the latter.

As I said earlier you can sugar coat this all you want...you're in a "unique" position of obtaining customers that you didn't have to do anything to obtain, well other than right place / right "inconvenient" time.

Ok @Toadyus resort to name calling I think that about sums it up.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited June 2014

Wait so a provider (with good rep) in the same DC, same location & same network comes here and offers an alternative for those Virtovo customers and people/hosts are bitching?

@INIZ said:
    Wait so a provider (with good rep) in the same DC, same location & same network comes here and offers an alternative for those Virtovo customers and people are bitching?

Yep apparently I am a vulture, an opportunist and now I am a dick.