Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH, Can you support be professional?!! IPs are down for 4 days
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH, Can you support be professional?!! IPs are down for 4 days

O8amaO8ama Member

First your VPS is down due to disk failure. Then after you move the another node. Only my main IP is working. All my 4 extra IP are offline. I've submit several ticket to request fix, but you support guy keep telling me they are online. But actually 4 extra IP are all offline for 4 days!! I don't think keep submitting ticket will solve my problem. As you support guy are just answering like repeat machine without check at first.

Thanked by 1darkshire

Comments

• BellaBella Member
    edited June 2014

If you don't want any headaches just switch to another provider. It's cheap, and it put an end to all your troubles. I recommend WLS/RamNode/Iniz/Crissic (I use them all)

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • I've personally went and fixed your issue for you and verified that the IPs ping.

I deeply apologize for the inconveniences experienced and have credited your account for 2 months of free service.

If there is anything else we can do for you please let us know. We greatly appreciate your continued business and patronage and we hope you have a wonderful day.

• SunnSunn Member

Only 2 months??????????????!

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited June 2014

GreenValueHost said: I've personally went and fixed your issue for you and verified that the IPs ping.

I thought all of your support was in house? How could they over look this over and over? Don't you have 99 years of experience between you all (or some stupid number like that)?

Why in the world did OP have to post here to get something simple done?

Doesn't look good Jon..

• The ip issue was internal? Here im thinking i broke my own routing... I was messing around with stuff about the time its passed out. Ill take my 2 months cred too if your handing emm out..

• O8amaO8ama Member

@Bella said:
    If you don't want any headaches just switch to another provider. It's cheap, and it put an end to all your troubles. I recommend WLS/RamNode/Iniz/Crissic (I use them all)

Thanks for you suggestion. I will consider it next time I need new VPS.

Anyway, the issue is fixed now

• For the sake of transparency I will be completely honest. This was a result of internal miscommunication.

Several of our nodes the past week have went through unfortunate HDD failures/RAID failures/partition corruptions. There were incidents where we had to reinstall the entire / partition which destroyed vz configuration which included IPv4 configuration. A custom script made internally was ran on our nodes in conjunction with SolusVM to recreate the configs however to our later discovery and dismay, not all VMs had their configuration restored.

Not all staff were aware of this (although they are all in-house, and not outsourced) and this is the fault of management, and I extend my most sincere apologies to anyone that has been affected by this. I have been trying to get everything organized the past few days but the times have really been unfortunate with the events that have occurred, which caught me completely off guard and I was unprepared to deal with all of the incidents at once.

We are taking down notes and implementing additional precautions to prevent this from ever happening again in the future. To express our sincerity in our apology to our clients regarding this incident, we are indeed offering to compensate clients with account credit. In order to claim account credit, a ticket must be opened with our Accounting department. The account credit given will be based on the unique circumstance at hand as well as your billing term.

If anyone has any additional questions that I personally can answer, please feel free to give this thread a response or email me at [email protected]

All the best wishes and regards,

Thanked by 1Makenai
  • RBHRBH Member
    edited June 2014

Wow, you're active on forums answering questions... yet my Support Ticket remains unanswered for 7 hours now..

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • add_iTadd_iT Member

My 2 vps cannot accessible too (they have 4 ips total)

• iSkyiSky Member

since when LET become support department ? #confuse

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I think that all of the hosts here can learn something from GVH: throwing lots of account credit into peoples accounts will fix everything /s

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • RBHRBH Member

@iSky said:
    since when LET become support department ? #confuse

Well this just goes to show that once Public Reputation is at risk you dam better start telling your side of the story.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • O8amaO8ama Member

One of my IP is still offline. I've already PM you. And also said in ticket. Please check

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited June 2014

@RBH said:
    Wow, you're active on forums answering questions... yet my Support Ticket remains unanswered for 7 hours now..

similar as you.ticket was not respond for hours, but if put the issue in LET, the GVH will reply and fix for you in 2 mins!!!
    do i put my VPS network down for over 12 hours issue and the ticket id here to let it be fixed in mins?

• ATHKATHK Member

yywudi said: similar as you. ticket was not respond in hours,

Normally the case when support is outsourced.

yywudi said: but if put the issue in LET, the GVH will reply and fix for you in 2 mins!!!

He trolls the site constantly so he can pick up on these things to make his company look much better than it really is.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • RBHRBH Member

@ATHK said:
    He trolls the site constantly so he can pick up on these things to make his company look much better than it really is.

Oh but wait they have 24/7 "housed" support staff.. and i remember seeing a reply from GVH claiming that they receive around 50 tickets a day, thats honestly not much and if you can't answer those despite having "housed support" you just might have unproductivity within your business that needs to be taken care of immediately.

• please check ticket #554024 sir

• rinalarnandorinalarnando Member
    edited June 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    For the sake of transparency I will be completely honest. This was a result of internal miscommunication.

Several of our nodes the past week have went through unfortunate HDD failures/RAID failures/partition corruptions. There were incidents where we had to reinstall the entire / partition which destroyed vz configuration which included IPv4 configuration. A custom script made internally was ran on our nodes in conjunction with SolusVM to recreate the configs however to our later discovery and dismay, not all VMs had their configuration restored.

Not all staff were aware of this (although they are all in-house, and not outsourced) and this is the fault of management, and I extend my most sincere apologies to anyone that has been affected by this. I have been trying to get everything organized the past few days but the times have really been unfortunate with the events that have occurred, which caught me completely off guard and I was unprepared to deal with all of the incidents at once.

We are taking down notes and implementing additional precautions to prevent this from ever happening again in the future. To express our sincerity in our apology to our clients regarding this incident, we are indeed offering to compensate clients with account credit. In order to claim account credit, a ticket must be opened with our Accounting department. The account credit given will be based on the unique circumstance at hand as well as your billing term.

If anyone has any additional questions that I personally can answer, please feel free to give this thread a response or email me at [email protected]

All the best wishes and regards,

please check ticket #554024 sir

• Edin_JEdin_J Member

rinalarnando said: please check ticket #554024 sir

LET is not a ticket hub to bump tickets. I doubt they will read your ticket any faster regardless of whether you bump it here or not.

• @matthewvz said:
    I think that all of the hosts here can learn something from GVH: throwing lots of account credit into peoples accounts will fix everything /s

I'll give you $600 in non-transferable or refundable account credit with guaranteed 0% uptime ^.^

• ATHKATHK Member

@Edin_J said:
    LET is not a ticket hub to bump tickets. I doubt they will read your ticket any faster regardless of whether you bump it here or not.

That being said.. he waited 4 days and got a response and resolution faster on here...

• Edin_JEdin_J Member

ATHK said: That being said.. he waited 4 days and got a response and resolution faster on here...

It's GVH, did you expect more?

• ATHKATHK Member

@Edin_J said:

I didn't but they should, being customers and all..

Jon even said to reply to this thread or email (insert email address)..

So I guess you're statement is moot..

• FredQcFredQc Member

At least Jon is getting more and more professional in his last comments on LET. I salute this initiative.

Fred

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited June 2014

GreenValueHost said: Not all staff were aware of this (although they are all in-house, and not outsourced) and this is the fault of management, and I extend my most sincere apologies

You told me over the phone that while all of them were now US based, they are all remote and contracted. You even told me how much you pay them etc. Were you lying?

If not im glad you took my advise and got rid of the ones you were having trouble with and hiring, less but local employees for a hourly rate.

Thats probably the best way to go since you couldn't control the behavior of the remote positions.

• FredQc said: At least Jon is getting more and more professional in his last comments on LET. I salute this initiative.

Yea, he solved the issue, and compensated the client for the downtime. Matter solved. I'm not a fan of GVH at all, but some of the comments here are just distasteful.

Thanked by 3netomx luissousa tchen
  • J1021J1021 Member

TL,DR; It's one thing after another with these kids at GVH.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • alexhalexh Member

@FredQc said:
    At least Jon is getting more and more professional in his last comments on LET. I salute this initiative.

Fred

I agree; Admitting you've made a mistake remains difficult, so Jon's done more here than most providers do for clients. Although some people will perpetually hold resentment for CC and GVH, any positive improvement is great to see, and a great step forward for them.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Where's @GVH_Alex - shouldn't he be handling this sort of thing?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Jon is really improving. I had a 10 hours downtime last week due to multiple node failures. I opened a ticket, he replied within an hour and he informed me thru email and ticket with updates about the issue. He fixed it real soon and this is a yearly box of 512MB that costs $9.95. For this price, the response to my ticket and solving the issue is good. His attitude to my ticket and his replies was also professional (it was other staff members, I don't know if Jon is using multiple names but that doesn't care/bother me). And the service is good, too (I use it for a mail server / mail relay server. Despite the downtime, I had no other outages and the box is behaving good).