Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanished Thread??? Windows Installation on Kimsufi??? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vanished Thread??? Windows Installation on Kimsufi???

Comments

• netomx said: You again?!

I never left.

• zhuanyi said: I got it booted up in Vultr, but it won't boot when I dd to the Kimsufi.

what kimsufi model? and you did remember to enable dhcp ?

• @TarZZ92 said:

Ks1 in both RBX and GRA, , I believe DHCP is enabled by default, else I won't be able to have the RDP access (I tested RDP to make sure it works with the Vultr VPS before DDed into Kimsufi).

• @zhuanyi said:
    Dude, time to put this to an end OK? joodle has been on this forum much longer than you and he has done many good things for this community. To me he is none other than someone who strongly support open source and free-for-all development effort, which, even though I may not be able to agree with it 100%, I definitely consider him as a good person at the very minimum.

Nevertheless, he could still be right. I'm not going to make this personal towards any party involved, but let's stick to this: we don't know 100% sure whether his ISOs are clean and that's a valid point.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

zhuanyi said: To me he is none other than someone who strongly support open source

Yeah good support of open source there, encouraging people to install a closed-source system.

Thanked by 2TarZZ92 Infinity
  • @zhuanyi

that's strange. maybe it's a firewall or something. but it should work.

• @rm_ said:
    Yeah good support of open source there, encouraging people to install a closed-source system.

He is not encouraging, he is merely providing people who needs to use Windows on Kimsufi the means to do so, particularly to people who might not be familiar with slipstreaming ISOs.

I am making this comments based on some of his earlier topics posted in LET, I am sure you remember a few there as well.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

@zhuanyi whatever, I don't care much one way or the other. Just pointing out that open source has a very specific definition. And providing, explaining, supporting, assisting etc for people to install Windows, could not be further from "supporting open source". So don't mix up your terms.

• @mpkossen said:
    Nevertheless, he could still be right. I'm not going to make this personal towards any party involved, but let's stick to this: we don't know 100% sure whether his ISOs are clean and that's a valid point.

Sure, but my point is, I tried and can't do this myself (may be I am not smart enough, may be I am not knowledgeable enough, doesn't matter) and @joodle offered to help me, for free, and I trusted his help and his ISO, at my own discretion. Whether I am doing the right thing or not, it is something that I have to decide.

Just like there are lots of jokers posted VPS offers in this forum and LEB has a few offer listed there, which, even at the time of posting, we know those guys don't have a good reputation to say at least. However, it is ultimately my decision to make instead of someone who chased after @joodle just because they 2 had some disagreement in another thread.

I have nothing against either one of them, just for the record.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • zhuanyi said: Sure, but my point is, I tried and can't do this myself (may be I am not smart enough, may be I am not knowledgeable enough, doesn't matter) and @joodle offered to help me, for free, and I trusted his help and his ISO, at my own discretion. Whether I am doing the right thing or not, it is something that I have to decide.

I totally agree. My comment wasn't aimed at you personally (or anyone for that matter). I was just speaking in general. Whether someone wants to use those ISOs or not is up to each individual. I just don't like having links to illegal ISOs here :-)

Thanked by 2zhuanyi netomx
  • @rm_ said:
    zhuanyi whatever, I don't care much one way or the other. Just pointing out that open source has a very specific definition. And providing, explaining, supporting, assisting etc for people install Windows, could not be further from "supporting open source". So don't mix up your terms.

Again, I think you are mixing up the line where I described the general impression I have on @joodle versus this specific topic that we are discussing here. In either case I don't think that is relevant to the discussion.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • earlearl Member

Personally I don't think they should have removed the thread.. maybe just delete the links to the ISO..

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @mpkossen said:
    I totally agree. My comment wasn't aimed at you personally (or anyone for that matter). I was just speaking in general. Whether someone wants to use those ISOs or not is up to each individual. I just don't like having links to illegal ISOs here :-)

That is a valid point.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @earl said:
    Personally I don't think they should have removed the thread.. maybe just delete the links to the ISO..

I agree, there were some helpful hints in there.

Thanked by 2earl marrco
  • n0myn0my Member

I dislike people who are pirate police. Just freaking report to admins, don't need to go all pirate police at someone who is just helping others. Better leave this for admin who can do something about it rather than moan about licenses. People who will use these images have appropriate licenses. Not everyone know how to slipstream or have bandwidth/speed.

Some people were monopolizing on the fact people had to pay them to install their backdoored windows. They must be super butthurt, just sayin.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@n0my said:
    I dislike people who are pirate police. Just freaking report to admins, don't need to go all pirate police at someone who is just helping others. Better leave this for admin who can do something about it rather than moan about licenses. People who will use these images have appropriate licenses. Not everyone know how to slipstream or have bandwidth/speed.

Some people were monopolizing on the fact people had to pay them to install their backdoored windows. They must be super butthurt, just sayin.

In this case it was reported to the admins who acted by deleting the thread.

So if you want to call someone pirate police, it would be the admins (who did the thing imho).

I'm sure that if a tutorial was posted again, on how to slipstream and create the zipped disk file, it would stay.

• n0myn0my Member

I am calling people who are saying that the images are illegal "pirate police". Not the Admins. I verified it by saying that they(pirate police) should report to the admins and that's it.

• @n0my :

mpkossen said: I removed it because of the links to the windows ISOs that were not legal.

mpkossen said: mpkossen Administrator

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

@n0my said:
    I am calling people who are saying that the images are illegal "pirate police". Not the Admins. I verified it by saying that they(pirate police) should report to the admins and that's it.

To affect someone to commit a crime is also a crime.

The ones who stand by watching, not raising their voice when something is wrongfully done are silently choosing sides with the ones who says its ok.

My personal opinion is to try and convince others not to commit crimes.
    In this case I wouldn't report the people taking advantage of the situation

• @TarZZ92 said:

Why do you need to spam 4 messages in a row? Can't you answer multiple questions in a single message?

• luissousa said: Why do you need to spam 4 messages in a row? Can't you answer multiple questions in a single message?

why does it matter to you exactly?. and learn the definition of spam before you accuse me of it.

• @TarZZ92 said:

Sorry, I mean quad-posting. Lol.
    It matters to me because you come here accusing joodle and you don't even know how to use a forum properly. That's what the so-called paragraph was made for.

• luissousa said: Sorry, I mean quad-posting. Lol. It matters to me because you come here accusing joodle and you don't even know how to use a forum properly. That's what the so-called paragraph was made for.

i still fail to see the point of the post you made. was it trying to cause problems?. in which case i will report it.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    i still fail to see the point of the post you made. was it trying to cause problems?. in which case i will report it.

Who died and made you king?

• 0xdragon said: Who died and made you king?

i don't believe in Royalty so no one.

• n0myn0my Member
    edited June 2014

@xDutchy said:
    n0my :

And? I don't have problem with admins. Cant you read?

@MikHo said:
    In this case I wouldn't report the people taking advantage of the situation

Who is committing crime? Just because you don't have a license key doesn't mean everyone is going to use this illegally.

I will speak out when someone is getting hurt etc. Not when someone is being helped. Because that will make me look like a moron.

So people who say this looks illegal according to EULA or whatever and not reporting it to admins just spamming the thread look like morons to me. (For the thick people, these people are not admins.)

• @n0my said:
    So people who say this looks illegal according to EULA or whatever and not reporting it to admins just spamming the thread look like morons to me. (For the thick people, these people are not admins.)

It's written on the thread to educate people. Not everyone reads EULA when they use a software.

And how the fuck do you know that it's not reported to the admins?

• n0myn0my Member

serverian said: And how the fuck do you know that it's not reported to the admins?

Instead of spamming the thread and repeating the message over and over. Why not fucking leave the thread and just report to admins? I don't get it.

Report to someone who can do something about it and not just spam thread. There is a flag button on top of every post. It only takes a click.

You can see Tar guy was taking advantage of the lack of info for installing windows and making money from this. Why not make this info freely available. Butt hurt much?

Is this ISO illegal? http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59465.iso
    It's from Microsoft. If someone converted it to an image like joodle, will that make it illegal? I have downloaded the iso from there multiple times because I have the license to use with it.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited June 2014

@n0my said:
    It's from Microsoft. If someone converted it to an image like joodle, will that make it illegal? I have downloaded the iso from there multiple times because I have the license to use with it.

Nobody spammed this thread. Why do you feel the need to use profanity? Are you feeling defensive? I think he knows how to use the report button. Furthermore, you've just repeated yourself multiple times; You're now a hypocrite.

Ever wonder why Windows costs money? Because developers, like many of us on this forum, have put hard work into it. This work takes time, and people usually get paid for the time they contribute to software. I don't understand how you can get upset over somebody preventing this forum from containing illegal content.

If you read Serv's posts, you'd understand. You clearly lack the ability to interpret basic English, though, so here you go:

Distributing Windows ISOs or Templates without Microsoft permission is against EULA.

Does your friend have permission? Licensed users are freely available to download the ISO from Microsoft directly. Why are you concerned with mirrors when you've just linked the direct source?

Thanked by 2TarZZ92 serverian
  • n0my said: Instead of spamming the thread and repeating the message over and over. Why not fucking leave the thread and just report to admins? I don't get it.

My messages went there twice because of a posting error on the site. The time I realized it, it was too late to edit it, if you are talking about my double post.

I've showed the necessary clause to say evaluation licenses are not meant to be used for production.

And distriburing ISOs or templates without Microsoft's permission is not allowed.

Both statements are true. Digital river may have right to distribute it. However, @joodle didn't have one. What he was doing is not allowed.

Converting that ISO to an image for own use is not illegal. However, distributing it for others is illegal.

I didn't put those terms. Microsoft did. If you are using some commercial software, you should respect to its terms.