Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About time for another LEB provider poll? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About time for another LEB provider poll?

Comments

• yomero said: No, but is a... prepoll!!

Isn't that what politicians call a straw poll?

• And the rest of us call a waste of time?

• Well it's the 1st and we still have no poll :(

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

+1 I want a poll!

• LEA did say he was sick....

• tuxtux Member

Infinity said: +1 I want a poll!

+1

• Poor Lea sitting there, coughing into his tissue, nose running, fever, nothing but old episodes of Mama's Family on the TV and all his friends over at LEB/LET want nothing but a silly little poll...

sniff

• Yeah Mike I don't care about him, I need that poll now!! Haha, just a joke, I hope he will get better n_n

PS: mike, you are a doctor, come on! Go and heal him xD (j/k, I know n_n)

• Hey we didn't even get a dead pool in September, and you are worrying about the poll?

• drmike said: Poor Lea sitting there, coughing into his tissue, nose running, fever, nothing but old episodes of Mama's Family on the TV and all his friends over at LEB/LET want nothing but a silly little poll...

sniff

LoL, poor baby. :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Why not somebody take the initiative and register something like lebdeadpool.com, lowenddeadpool.com, or vpsdeadpool.com and throw a blog of their own on there?

The same can be said for lowendtop.com, topleb.com, or toplowendbox.com.

• KuJoe said: Why not somebody take the initiative and register something like lebdeadpool.com, lowenddeadpool.com, or vpsdeadpool.com and throw a blog of their own on there?

The same can be said for lowendtop.com, topleb.com, or toplowendbox.com.

It would be highly unethical to steal LEA's traffic, and resulting advertising dollars.

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited October 2011

deadendbox.com?

Edit: already registered :(

Internet is all about stealing someone's traffic!

• lowdeadbox.com . My reviews:

1: BuyVM

2: SecureDragon

3: ???

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

2: SecureDragon
    3: ???

Yeah are stock counts are pretty dead.. ;)

Francisco

• @Francisco: Sadly, I don't have a VPS with you guys ): . I'll make sure to catch the next stock release!

Boltersdriveer said: @Francisco: Sadly, I don't have a VPS with you guys ): . I'll make sure to catch the next stock release!

October 15th or so is the goal ;) Just in time for my birthday. We'll see what Aldryic clears for release.

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited October 2011

@Francisco: Hehehehe... I'll probably use them as extra redundant DNS boxes.

How often are the downtime periods?

Boltersdriveer said: @Francisco: Hehehehe... I'll probably use them as extra redundant DNS boxes.

How often are the downtime periods?

Um.....we aim for never? :) The vast majority of our nodes have been online w/o a single reboot/etc since the move to San Jose and the rest of the boxes have an uptime of when they were provisioned for sales.

The vast majority of our boxes have 70+ day uptimes:

(03:16:42) node05:~ root: uptime
    03:16:43 up 68 days, 12 min, 1 user, load average: 0.49, 0.73, 0.68

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2011

miTgiB said: It would be highly unethical to steal LEA's traffic, and resulting advertising dollars.

While I agree, it's hard to steal something that somebody doesn't have. ;) Yes LEA has been doing the Deadpool and Top VPS for a while, but he hasn't lately and I was only suggesting it to help LEA out. I doubt that traffic would reduce much for LEB for such a site since the majority of people who would utilize it are already here on a daily basis.

• That's good to hear, @Francisco! Did you guys get Ksplice Uptrack as well? ;) . Oh, and accept that dang Facebook friend invite so I can stalk you :D

Boltersdriveer said: That's good to hear, @Francisco! Did you guys get Ksplice Uptrack as well? ;) . Oh, and accept that dang Facebook friend invite so I can stalk you :D

We don't use the public uptrack, we roll our own when there's a good reason :)

All of the major things we were uptracking have been merged into main stream so i'm pretty happy.

Lemme check the ol' bookface.

Francisco

• Francisco said: October 15th or so is the goal ;) Just in time for my birthday. We'll see what Aldryic clears for release.

A day late for my birthday. :(

• vedran said: deadendbox.com?

lowendcoffin.com is available :)

• I fear that I have stirred the seeds of mutiny.....

• @Francisco: Oh I just added you. Must have cancelled the old invite a while ago.

I love how this thread has derailed so much ;) . My birthday is in October as well :P

• drmike said: I fear that I have stirred the seeds of mutiny.....

Or we are just preparing to have you walk the plank

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

3 would be Hostigation. :P

• Infinity said: 3 would be Hostigation. :P

Nope.avi

• Infinity said: 3 would be Hostigation. :P

Not for me