Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About time for another LEB provider poll?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About time for another LEB provider poll?

dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
edited September 2011 in General

It's almost the end of september and the last one was in june.

Thanked by 1Infinity

Comments

• I agree, I think it's time for another poll also :)

• +1.

• Same here, but I doubt how many newcomers can enter the final round. :P

• Let's change it up this time and pick the worst three. :)

• LOL worst 3.. i wonder who could it be :P

• And just 3? :P

• Maybe just three that are currently operating instead of previously providers that have closed or gotten out of the business.

• I haven't seen too many crazy low end deals of late. Must be that the annual summer rush of new VPS providers is over and the shake-out has begun.

• Payment methods maybe :)

• @ kiloserve - the kiddy hosts have finished their summer holidays? :)

• I haven't seen too many crazy low end deals of late.

I seem to recall a 2 gig offer a little while ago that didn't do too well.

• drmike said: I seem to recall a 2 gig offer a little while ago that didn't do too well.

ipap is my #1 vote for trash host.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • drmike said: I seem to recall a 2 gig offer a little while ago that didn't do too well.

That was a while ago if it's the offer I am thinking of :)

• justinb said: ipap is my #1 vote for trash host.

+1

• Well.. atleast one of standard top3 hosts by my opinion don't deserve this position. It's not like it was... Constant node issues, support ticket ignorance, unannounced IPv6 removal with later explanation "we are going to be deploying production-quality IPv6 in Kansas City next week" which never happened (but there is still hope!).. etc.

Generally is not that bad, just.. far from TOP lowendbox provider as I have atleast 10 (yes ten..) LEB hosts which are more consistent, with faster support and of course.. "whole time" online.
    Considering stability of service, price, quality.. ratio this top3 list never had some real weight for me anyway. It's not that any of those hosts would be really bad or something like that by my opinion, just... as long term customer of more than a few vps hosts, inluding those from top list I see differences and this isn't always in favour of those from top list. But IRC fanbase do it's work...

• I look forward to a new poll, but think my power problem in SC might hold me back from getting one of those top 3 spots :( At least the problem is resolved.

• Well Spirit, it's not a case of it being the top3 VPS providers, it's the top 3 VPS providers as chosen by LET/LEB users.

There may well be better providers out there, but people can only vote for the one they've tried/are using, so obviously the more popular ones are going to do better, since they have more customers here. Look at the popular ones. They tend to be more active in this particular community.

I guess it can be frustrating for other quality providers, but only if they're too dim to realise it's hardly a survey with a good wide sample.

• but people can only vote for the one they've tried/are using

Actually that's not true. I'll admit that I have voted for (and against) providers that I have not tried. I give points for folks from those companies trying to help out here and elsewhere.

Look at the popular ones.

I point out that BurstNet has never come close as far as i remember. That shows you that the largest isn't always the best.

only if they're too dim to realise it's hardly a survey with a good wide sample.

You know it takes two seconds for a provider to post in their support forums about the vote, a link to it and ask them for their support. Speaking of too dim.

Doesn't seem to be that wide of an example either. Didn't we have less than 30 votes last time around?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

justinb said: ipap is my #1 vote for trash host.

Agreeed.

• I vote UptimeVPS for giving me almost free hosting.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2011

drmike said: I seem to recall a 2 gig offer a little while ago that didn't do too well.

I hope your not talking about ChicagoVPS :(

I take that back is see who your referring to :-p

• Actually that's not true. I'll admit that I have voted for (and against) providers that I >have not tried. I give points for folks from those companies trying to help out here >and elsewhere.

Why would you vote for a company based on anything other than their service as a VPS provider?

I point out that BurstNet has never come close as far as i remember. That shows you >that the largest isn't always the best.

Burstnet are hardly popular here.

You know it takes two seconds for a provider to post in their support forums about > the vote, a link to it and ask them for their support.

Not all hosts care about polls. Hosts know how well they're doing based on churn, or lack of, and unprompted feedback on blogs and forums.

• kiloservekiloserve Member
    edited September 2011

drmike said: Wasn't too long ago:

Ah yes, that is what I'm referring to. It seems every year around June/July we get these crazy offers from new hosts. Then in August/Sept things calm down and you start to see hosts shutting down. Come December alot of the new "summer" companies are gone.

Gary mentioned it's because they all went back to school after spending their summer holidays as CEO of a global VPS Corporation.

• Where else would they get all that money for White Lightning and Mayfair Lights?

• I vote Securedragon.net for #1 provider!

• Hostigation and SecureDragon for the top two spots, though not sure of the order :) #3 is up for grabs....

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited September 2011

Bitcable? :P For the last month has beend the best for me.
    Also, FanaticalVPS is the king in Germany :P

Thanked by 1Bitcable
  • I don't think the poll has started yet, guys....

• No, but is a... prepoll!!