Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lowendspirit in Japan - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lowendspirit in Japan

Comments

• @Nekki said:
    XxNisseGamerxX I literally NEVER watch the videos that get posted on this forum.

You said talk dirty and i posted talk dirty to me. lol

• trexostrexos Member
    edited June 2014

@Nekki said:
    XxNisseGamerxX I literally NEVER watch the videos that get posted on this forum.

@XxNisseGamerxX can't even view it from Germany :( GEMA sux

• @trexos said:
    XxNisseGamerxX can't even view it from Germany :( GEMA sux

:((

Thanked by 1trexos
  • damn... no more in Japan then? Will you be opening any more spots @AnthonySmith?

Got an Italian though which is what I was missing from before. Now I just need a Japan!

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@AThomasHowe yeah, more slots will be available in the near future.

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • @Nyr thanks. Guess I'll have to have a more keen eye in future!

• come to Singapore please :)

• yywudiyywudi Member

Oops, i'm late... will Japan restock later?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

yywudi said: Oops, i'm late... will Japan restock later?

Yes.

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited June 2014

@Nyr said:
    Yes.

I hope i would not be late again and grab one then... -_-

• what can we do with this?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@kerouac said:
    what can we do with this?

Sake?

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith netomx
  • SunnSunn Member

FUCKKKKKK!, I wanted a Japanese vps...

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Not that I need one buy why not? Maybe an email to existing customers so that we get a chance as well even though we are in a different time zone?

• @tomle said:
    Not that I need one buy why not? Maybe an email to existing customers so that we get a chance as well even though we are in a different time zone?

Not everyone is excited to get 'another promotional email'.

• An interesting concept, though it sounds like a lot of work with NAT and abuse...

@tomle said:

It was posted in the forums before stock was released so sign up and subscribe to the different sections and you will get emailed.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@taronyu said:
    Not everyone is excited to get 'another promotional email'.

That is what the opt-out button is for, it is respected :)

@William said:
    An interesting concept, though it sounds like a lot of work with NAT and abuse...

I was scared of that to begin with and that is the primary reason everyone said it would never work but I don't like not trying because of what 'might' happen, as it stands the user base respects the service more than any other commercial offer and it actually is not that hard to track down the occasional abuse.

• @AnthonySmith said:

True that, I don't mind getting them but some people do.

@taronyu said:
    True that, I don't mind getting them but some people do.

Yes I know I posted the same reply twice :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

AnthonySmith said: a lot of work with NAT and abuse...

I was scared of that to begin with

I think I suggested back then that you go a "pure" IPv6-only route, with no port forwards or NAT to/from IPv4 whatsoever. This would solve any concern for abuse of the shared IPv4, but more importantly would also promote wider adoption and learning of IPv6 (one would need to set up IPv6 themselves first in order to use the VPS). Setting up a v6 tunnel at home with tunnelbroker.net or 6to4/Teredo is not even that difficult at all. And it would look much cleaner, a simple IPv6 VPS, without all those kludges around it to facilitate v4 access.

As it stands, sadly some people are not even assigning IPv6 to their LES hostnames, only using the weird port redirection: http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?pid=5233#p5233

$ host -t AAAA jp.iplog.pw
    jp.iplog.pw has no AAAA record

"IPv6? what IPv6, who needs that crap..."

Thanked by 1dante2008
  • 5n1p5n1p Member

@rm_ said:
    "As it stands, sadly some people are not even assigning IPv6 to their LES hostnames, only using the weird port redirection: http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?pid=5233#p5233"

it has no ipv6 since it's listening to ipv4 server side, and I haven't sent HAproxy request to Anthony since this is beta it's not official yet :). Other then that I do feel comfortable with IPv6 since my ISP started using them last month, before that there was tunnel option i have used.

edited June 2014

5n1p said: it's listening to ipv4 server side

Well that's kind of obvious, but the point is, why not make it listen on IPv6 too (or rather: "in the first place")? Why the thing that holds you up is the need to "send a HAproxy request", rather than just set up a plain IPv6-capable web server and assign the AAAA record so that it's simply accessible over IPv6.

I would love it if it was full IPv6, my personal opinion is very much like @rm_ however this is currently a middle ground as I see it, trying to achieve the same thing by easing people in to the idea.

ISP take up on IPv6 is the real problem, tunnels are easy enough but they are just tunnels.

• 5n1p5n1p Member

ok try now :) no need for port on ipv6 and port stays on ipv4
    It was just quick code never finished but it works

Thanks, now it works :)

# curl -6 --user lowendspirit:les http://jp.iplog.pw/traceroute/ipv6.google.com
    traceroute to ipv6.google.com (2404:6800:4004:80c::1002), 30 hops max, 80 byte packets
     2  unknown.ipv6.scnet.net (2001:1838:6000::321f:f9c9)  1.245 ms  1.435 ms  1.420 ms
     3  unknown.ipv6.scnet.net (2001:1838:6000::321f:f9c5)  2.911 ms  2.892 ms  2.868 ms
     4  ve701.fr3.tyo.ipv6.llnw.net (2402:6800:710:a101::5)  85.974 ms  85.946 ms  86.071 ms
     5  ve5.fr4.tyo.ipv6.llnw.net (2607:f4e8:1:30::2)  77.039 ms  76.910 ms  86.781 ms
     6  15169.tyo.equinix.com (2001:de8:5::1:5169:1)  78.272 ms  78.315 ms  78.265 ms
     7  2001:4860::1:0:6631 (2001:4860::1:0:6631)  68.982 ms  68.874 ms  72.220 ms
     8  2001:4860:0:1::54b (2001:4860:0:1::54b)  69.647 ms  69.839 ms  69.615 ms
     9  2404:6800:4004:80c::1 (2404:6800:4004:80c::1)  68.861 ms  68.905 ms  68.850 ms
    Thanked by 15n1p
  • out of stock :(

more stock in Japan at 19:00 UK time.

for those of you who missed it the first time.

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • MikHo said: for those of you who missed it the first time.

So soon after!! Thanks @MikHo.