Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocrossing LA down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocrossing LA down?

support123support123 Member
edited June 2014 in General

anyone facing it ?

Thanked by 1thsigit

Comments

• CC in LA is down, not Quadranet.

Thanked by 1thsigit
  • ok

• putaorenputaoren Member
    edited June 2014

I can see from http://uptime.bluevm.com/ their NY and LA nodes are both offline, anyone can tell me what happened?

• blackblack Member

There's an outage in LA with CC. Buffalo might have the same issue.

Thanked by 1putaoren
  • N.Y they don't know, LA, Whole CC is off.

Thanked by 1putaoren
  • @MorningIris said:
    N.Y they don't know, LA, Whole CC is off.

Lowendtalk is still up. It's hosted in CC Buffalo?

Thanked by 1putaoren
  • @Virtovo I'm talking about Bluevm. is LET in Bluevm node?

• namhuynamhuy Member

off topic, where can i get http://uptime.bluevm.com/ script? looks neat

• BradBrad Member

@namhuy said:
    off topic, where can i get http://uptime.bluevm.com/ script? looks neat

https://github.com/mojeda/ServerStatus

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Yeah LET is hosted in CC Buffalo, my boxes there are still online.

• Thanks for the info. Wonder why. No major earthquake in LA today http://earthquaketrack.com/v/la/recent

• Just noticed the hard way that my VPS in inaccessible. I login to their management panel and it says "Connection error" where the status of the VPS is normally displayed. Needless to say, I can't reboot the VPS.

Opened a support ticket, but haven't heard anything.

Their network status is of course not up to date and their Twitter account has been silent today.

Anyone know anything?

• vpsmtvpsmt Member

my chicagovps works perfectly fine

• blackblack Member
    edited June 2014

My vps in Chicago is up. There's an outage in LA with CC.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2014

just look into twitter, until some one write: "I called the CC, they told me they DC is burning down" like the last downtime in buffalo.

Thanked by 1thsigit
  • BlueVMBlueVM Member

We're aware of the outage in LA, we have no control over it. We have contacted our datacenter and they are working to resolve the issue.

• support123support123 Member
    edited June 2014

Network seems to backup

• UP now

• socialssocials Member
    edited June 2014

One of my VPSs (Buffalo) was down for about 12 hours, seems to be up now.

• Yes, it is up now.

• How long ago did you open the support ticket?

• They replied to the ticket mentioning the LA outage, and it appears up again.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

What happened to their uptime page? They used to have a nice page with node loads.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

There was an outage on our Los Angeles network, sorry about that guys. We made a human error when turning up new Zayo transit that took way too long to get fixed (kvm problems, laptop problems, etc). We're going to improve our out of band management capabilities immediately, this was a serious lesson.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Here is a quote of the RFO guys, very sorry about our mishap.

This afternoon, while conducting a routine network capacity increase, the ColoCrossing Los Angeles network experienced an outage. The event began at 10:56 AM PDT and was resolved at 12:44 PM PDT. During the installation and turn up our new Zayo bandwidth service an error was made in the switching configuration on both of our core routers causing the outage.

The resolution time for this issue was delayed due to complications with our remote KVM systems (which allow us to access the core routers in the event they are not reachable from the internet). This circumstance has exposed a weakness in our risk abatement strategy and has caused us to identify areas where we can improve our out-of-band management capabilities. In the near future we will have multiple failover systems which will guarantee quick access to all core routing infrastructure nationwide ensuring such mitigation delays cannot occur again. Policy modifications will also be put in place to limit such routine work to pre-planned windows only, as clearly errors and mistakes can never be ruled out.

At this time the network is online and fully functional and both of our new 10GE Zayo circuits are passing traffic. Zayo operates a global low latency tier 1 network and represents an excellent addition to our other transit carriers.

ColoCrossing is committed to providing the highest levels of redundancy, network performance, reliability and transparency. We deeply regret the impact this event has caused and we’re aware of the importance that a similar event cannot happen again.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited June 2014

Infinity580 said: just look into twitter, until some one write: "I called the CC, they told me they DC is burning down" like the last downtime in buffalo.

I think this twitter is old, from a previous outage

EDIT: Yes, someone uploaded it at vpsboard
    https://vpsboard.com/topic/3764-ny-cc-blowed-away/
    Is from March, it was false, they didn't had fire onsite.

• Jawa78Jawa78 Member

Mine is down and I cant access the site. Mine is located in Atlanta

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited June 2014

Mine in Chicago is also down. It went off line about two hours ago a few hours after you posted this post.

Edit: About a minute after i posted this their site came back online. Had to manually reboot vps but it's back online.

• AcacyAcacy Member

yeah my box down too on LA node a couple of minutes

This discussion has been closed.