Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i-83.net 60 Day Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

i-83.net 60 Day Review

badpatrickbadpatrick Member
edited June 2014 in Reviews

60 day review of the @i83 VPS service. http://www.i-83.net

Plan: RBX-256 = 256mb Guaranteed RAM, 15GB HDD, 1 Core, 20 Ports on Shared NAT IPv4, 5 IPv6, 100mbs Unmetered Fair Share Port (DDoS Protected). $10/year via the March Madness Offer: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/23634/march-madness-1year-only-6-unmetered-bw-ddos-protected-in-eu

I purchased this VPS so I could learn more about IPv6 and to see if I could get it to even work. I had intended to use this for testing only but I've been extremely happy with the service reliability and support so I decided to upgrade the ram to 512 and use it for a few projects. The 5 IPv6 work as they should but I can't figure out how to use the 20 port NAT IPv4, due to my ignorance, but it is available for me to use if I needed.

::As mentioned by @darkshire there is no tun/tap support on i83, so no openvpn::

Stability: Other than reboots issued by me the service has not gone down once and is currently at 49 days uptime. Both download and upload speeds exceed my expectations for the 100mb shared port. It's nice to find another LEB provider that I can depend on.

Support: After a couple of weeks I opened a ticket to see if I could pay an additional $10 for the year to double my ram, both George and Mike who handled the ticket were professional and prompt with response times of 2-3 hours. This was to the sales department marked Low priority. They have a simple, easy to read Acceptable Usage Policy and Terms of Service. They also offer CDN and DNS services. Their twitter is worth following for service announcements.

Stats:

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 8.55833 s, 125 MB/s

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 V2 @ 3.20GHz Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 3192.733 MHz Total amount of ram : 512 MB Total amount of swap : 1 MB System uptime : 49 days, 16:30, Download speed from CacheFly: 9.24MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 5.47MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 5.50MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 5.02MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 3.23MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 8.55MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.18MB/s

Also wanted to quickly recommend gogoCLIENT by gogo6 to those whose ISP does not support IPv6, the client made it easy for me to connect to IPv6. I will update this post if any major changes happen over time.

Thanked by 1feixiang

Comments

• just to note:

there is no tun/tap support on i83, so no openvpn

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • i83i83 Member

Thanks for the review and kind words, if you want any help with IPv4 NAT then feel free to raise a ticket.

• Hi, I am interested in creating my own server TeamSeak 100 slots, I recommend this plan?
    most connections will be from Spain, and 20% of America

thank you

• darkshire said: there is no tun/tap support on i83, so no openvpn

That's probably a good thing - reduces the abuse potential and makes the service more stable.

• @corpano said:
    Hi, I am interested in creating my own server TeamSeak 100 slots, I recommend this plan?
    most connections will be from Spain, and 20% of America

thank you

Sure. But if you want 100 slots - you have to order a NPL.

• Hello, I have a license npl.

I would be worth it or not?

• itgodsitgods Member
    edited August 2014

corpano said: Hello, I have a license npl.

I would be worth it or not?

You can't do much wrong. I have 2 VPS there - no problems so far. :)

• i83i83 Member

@rds100 said:

Near enough our reasoning; we may however have a new lineup coming in 2014 that we can enable TUN/TAP on.

@itgods said:
    You can't do much wrong. I have 2 VPS there - no problems so far. :)

Thank you for the kind words and repeated custom.