Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Reliable Paypal alternative? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Reliable Paypal alternative?

2»

Comments

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Alipay

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Gulf said: Does stripe provide the same checkout page like paypal button?

You should open new thread instead of bumping year-old one in the future. But Stripe Checkout has similar function: https://stripe.com/checkout

• GulfGulf Member
    edited August 2015

@perennate said:
    You should open new thread instead of bumping year-old one in the future.

Why open new thread with the same title?

And I know, stripe provide this popup payment. I asked about a payment page like PayPal, where users can register or pay without registration.

edited August 2015

Gulf said: And I know, stripe provide this popup payment. I asked about a payment page like PayPal, where users can register or pay without registration.

The JavaScript page is the most similar system they support. It is their equivalent to the payment page provided by Paypal. Both are hosted by the payment processor, you will never see the card details so you don't have to worry too much about PCI compliance.

Not sure why you mentioned registering, Stripe is just for credit card payments, there is no way for users to create an account with them except merchant account. Stripe Checkout allows users to check "remember me" so that their credit card can be used again, after mobile verification.

It is generally considered good etiquette on most forums to open a new thread and link to any old threads that may be related, rather than bumping a year old thread.

• GulfGulf Member
    edited August 2015

@perennate said:
    It is generally considered good etiquette on most forums to open a new thread and link to any old threads that may be related, rather than bumping a year old thread.

"It is generally considered good etiquette" - It is a very subjective opinion, and it is not "generally considered".
    I'd rather read one thread than browse dozens of similar threads, especially from search results.

Despite flexibility of Stripe, some users may not trust popup payments. But as additional payment option to paypal would be great.

• Stripe has awful fraud checking. If you start accepting it, the risk of people using stolen credit cards to purchase your goods and services will go up significantly. It pales in comparison to others like BitCoin (yes, really), PayPal (yes, I know you are looking for an alternative to it--but PP is the best), and 2CO.

• HostMyBytes said: Stripe has awful fraud checking.

I think you meant 'Stripe has NO fraud checking'

edited August 2015

HostMyBytes said: It pales in comparison to others like BitCoin (yes, really)

No shit, can't beat irreversible Bitcoin transactions.

Did you have address and zipcode verification enabled and still get fraud? Just curious.

• I like trains Stripe. And Bitcoin too.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • Offtopic vut similar...How to transfer funds from one ecurrency to another legaly?....

• We use Barion low rates that PayPal

• payolee is a great paypal alternative

• we have tested gate2shop
    they are good too and fees are moderate.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Stripe is no longer accepting hosting providers as far as I'm aware, we use Skrill and it took about a month to get them to activate our account but it's been pretty smooth since then, the only problem is if you need any support or response to a ticket it won't happen unless you call them multiple times.

• BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC

Did i mention BTC??

• Id suggest skrill