Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Reliable Paypal alternative?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Reliable Paypal alternative?

TheKillerTheKiller Member
edited June 2014 in General

I know Paypal is mostly used by Individuals and Businesses. Is there any reliable payment processor for individuals other than PayPal which is used by many people? (For those who do not have access to Paypal due to country restriction). Any suggesstions?

Edit: Is Skrill reliable? also its MasterCard?

Comments

• BoxodeBoxode Member

2Checkout is a reliable alternative.

• stripe?

• @TheKiller said:
    I know Paypal is mostly used by Individuals and Businesses. Is there any reliable payment processor for individuals other than PayPal which is used by many people? (For those who do not have access to Paypal due to country restriction). Any suggesstions?

People can use their credit cards if PP isn't available in their country. I am sure PP allows it.

• Sherlock said: People can use their credit cards if PP isn't available in their country. I am sure PP allows it.

PP doesn't allow it. I asked about receiving money for those who cannot get paypal due to the reason mentioned above.

• I love Stripe.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited June 2014

+1 for Stripe. Lots of pre-made/hosted integrations, so you don't need to code your own cart. I use Freshbooks + Stripe for billing clients.

• impimp Member
    edited June 2014

Never go with 2checkout.They suck!

+1 Stripe

• I have used Skrill/Moneybookers in the past with no problems and I believe they now do MasterCard

• Most people that can't use PayPal often can only use Payza.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited June 2014

2Checkout and Stripe most time only for US and all around, Scrill Mastercard also extended only for European Union citizens, so if you from outside, forget about :)

• awsonawson Member

I use Google Wallet and Amazon Payments. Sometimes Skrill, too.

• Any good for asian country?
    Thanks..

• Wira_Soenaryo said: Any good for asian country?

No.

• @srvrpro said:
    No.

Haha.. I thought so.. thanks anyway. :)

• CCAvenue is good.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

ccavenue for asian countries

• +1 for stripe

• authorize.net is supposed to be a reliable processor, however i have no idea on what country restrictions they may or may not have in place.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Bitcoin -- set it up to go directly to your own wallet, or use a BTC payment processor that allows you to withdraw daily.

• @datarealm said:
    authorize.net is supposed to be a reliable processor, however i have no idea on what country restrictions they may or may not have in place.

They are essentially just an API/User interface. You still need to take the traditional bank route and get a merchant processing account setup which is difficult and or expensive given the risk / fraud order rate in the hosting industry.

• @volumedrive said:
    They are essentially just an API/User interface. You still need to take the traditional bank route and get a merchant processing account setup which is difficult and or expensive given the risk / fraud order rate in the hosting industry.

Ah yes. The first part of their application asks if you have a merchant account (yes/no). I had thought if you said no that part of their service was providing the merchant account, but it looks like they just have you fill out a form and ship it off to resellers to contact you.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited June 2014

Probably BTC only way for everyone in The World without whittle :)

• alternative to paypal is 2Checkout :)

• 1qcloud1qcloud Member, Host Rep

skrill?

• GulfGulf Member
    edited August 2015

Does stripe provide the same checkout page like paypal button?

• What about https://www.braintreepayments.com/ (apparently "a Paypal company", but they accept bitcoins and apply/android pay).

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @TheKiller said:

Edit: Is Skrill reliable? also its MasterCard?

From here http://beebom.com/2015/04/paypal-alternatives you can easily find top paypal alternatives with their pros and cons.

Thanked by 1shubhamchugh
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

If you're looking for something like Paypal with a "wallet" kind of solution and not a payment gateway only i would say it's really hard. There are some competitors but they're not really used that much (skrill, moneybookers etc).

In the end people will always ask for paypal.