Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today is PROMETEUS.COM 15th birthday :-) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Today is PROMETEUS.COM 15th birthday :-)

124»

Comments

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@dmmcintyre3 said: Select the ISO you want, click power off, click boot, connect VNC, install ISO

Thanks, I need to add this in the welcome message :-)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@dmmcintyre3 install iso you mean like how i would install in my local machine? will try... thanks!

• @jcaleb said: @dmmcintyre3 install iso you mean like how i would install in my local machine? will try... thanks!

Yes.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@prometeus said: Thanks, I need to add this in the welcome message :-)

It already (kinda) is in your welcome email:

Operating System installation using ISO

The VPS is ready but no operating system has been installed.
    To install the operating system of your choice please login to the above control panel and launch the VNC console.

Yes but maybe we need to add some more details... :-)

• nocomnocom Member

Happy birthday Prometeus
    All the best

• Forgot to say :
    Congratulations, and wish all the best :)

• I'm going to Rome on June 2. I'll celebrate while I'm in Italy!

• NightNight Member

Dang, all sold out it appears

Thanked by 1iKocka
  • I'm late to the party, but...Tanti auguri, Prometeus!!

I need to write a formal review soon, but here's one stat no one appears to have posted so far:

root@prometheus:~# uptime
     13:15:44 up 49 days,  3:08,  3 users,  load average: 0.40, 0.16, 0.14

Needless to say, iperweb/prometeus are highly recommended for folks in Europe, and if your application is not latency-sensitive, anywhere around the world.

@prometeus said: You are right and we do have a lot of people that pay even 1$/month

If you haven't already, look into a Paypal Micropayments account - $0.05 + 5% - for these things.

@rm_ said: And the lack of desire to "long term commitment" is a way for me not to attract bad providers.
    @prometeus said: and there should be a trust between us and the client.

I think these two comments illustrate exactly why it was a good idea to roll this out to existing clients only in the beginning! That said, the ONLY reason most providers offer is that "it's too expensive to do such low-price plans monthly because of Paypal overhead".

If you have a blanket policy of NEVER pre-paying for a year, then you lose out on many, many fantastic offers (think BuyVM!). IMO, it's wiser to have a risk-balanced approach:
    • How much are you prepaying ($18 is not the end of the world)
    • What is the reputation/history of the provider? (This isn't DepotVPS_Sal we're dealing with ;))
    • What do the reviews say? (All the ones I've seen are positive)
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

happy with server! woo hoo! congrats prometeus!

• Sold out! :(

• debugdebug Member

Any more @prometeus ?

Thanked by 1DeletedUser

to @all: thanks for the love and appreciation.

We were swamped of request for this special "gift" vps and provisioned the double of what it was planned so at present it's unlikely it will be restocked :-)

More offers will be soon published in the offers sections.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • ChronicChronic Member

Congratulations, guys - an amazing achievement. Patiently waiting for you to post the offers. ^.^

Offers posted. 15 is the recurring number :-)