Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM Alternative - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM Alternative

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@aglodek said:

I did not mention it for the same reasons I don't mention HC or OnAPP, they are not even in the same ball park price wise.

• @AnthonySmith said: I did not mention it for the same reasons I don't mention HC or OnAPP, they are not even in the same ball park price wise.

Point taken, thanks.

• RaymiiRaymii Member

Ramhost have their own panel since forever, paired with whmcs for billing.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

AnthonySmith said: Supports OpenVZ+KVM does everything solusvm does but no import feature, maintained by BlueVM.

Actually it does have an import feature for solusvm and for vps without a panel. It doesn't convert WHMCS entries yet...

• marcSmarcS Member

virtualizor, proxmox and feathur are good SolusVM alternatives.

edited April 2016

@beatpavel said:
    Don't want to be considered as a necrpoposter, but in case someone will find this topic through Google search looking for SolusVM alternatives:

I recommend you to check {edited}, which is developed by the team {edited}, where I work. It has almost all features similar to SolusVM plus more:

• supported formats for disk image files are lvm, qcow and raw.
    • migration between nodes, as well as between clusters.
    • installation of new node are available directly from {edited} (SolusVM requires use of the console)
    • hints and tips designed usefull to new users.
    • more affordable price, in comparison, could be important for some users.

No xen, IPv6, rdns or whmcs support?

Thanked by 1beatpavel

IPv6 sub nets, rdns by customer?, bulk migrate servers, bulk remove or add IP's?

Thanked by 1beatpavel

Ok then I might have a deeper look, but if I find out there is no VPS importer or whmcs conversion, I will be giving you some error and turning my back on you forever.

Thanked by 1beatpavel
  • CasterCaster Member
    edited April 2016

@beatpavel any thoughts about hostbill module ? i am using {edited} already for personal uses and it works flawless.

Thanked by 1beatpavel

Could you give me a link to the migration documentation for the WHMCS side please?

Thanked by 1beatpavel
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Since @beatpavel wants SEO:

VMmanager is a product that apparently cannot develop a reputation without employing spammers. VMmanager is made by ISPsystem spammers. Scam. Trash. Spam. Bad. Do not buy.

Enjoy your SEO, pavel.

• rtech0rtech0 Member
    edited August 2016

Well I ended up writing my own after using SolusVM and attempting to use Proxmox with Modules Garden. There are still problems in SolusVM which they say they might fix in 2 months from a few months ago but I am having my doubts as to whether the OnApp purchase has caused them to stop development or if they will go the Enterprise route soon, at any rate no new KVM templates for over a year and though there are debilitating problems with the current OS versions, etc... I did some poking around and found I could fix that problem on a KVM node manually so I scripted it and then paid to have a minimal front end (for me it's better than SolusVM which has way too many things I never use) developed which I am now using (actually I ended up coding part of it as well, why not?):

Add Server/Node works for CentOS 7 KVM Hosts Only, no plans for other Hypervisor types though I am meditating about Xenserver 7 since it is now open sourced and has the big bucks (Amazon et al) behind it.

OS Distros and versions:

CentOS 6/7
    Debian 8.2 (Jessie)
    Fedora 24
    OpenSUSE 12.2
    Ubuntu Server 16.04 (LTS)

Plans setup for number of cpus, ram, swap and disk.
    IP addresses per server (also OVH type IP's with Mac Addresses)
    Create VM auto assigns lowest available IP, single IP, multiple will be later or manual is fine.

NO Billing Integration at this point, is stand alone, later will possibly integrate biling and/or a complete ecommerce Digital Ocean type interface, we'll see.

If anyone wants to help fund and use the project drop me a note.