Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AMD FX-8350 vs Intel Core i5 4570 for Gaming - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AMD FX-8350 vs Intel Core i5 4570 for Gaming

13»

Comments

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

joodle said: 1TB WD Blue HDD

Go for one of those Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 drives. they are rapid.

• georgegeorge Member

@TarZZ92 said:

Go for one of those Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 drives. they are rapid.

You won't notice a difference between these two.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

george said: You won't notice a difference between these two.

You will. a huge difference. (Coming from an ex WD customer)

• george said: H100i sounds like waste of money.

Nah, 3-5C can make a difference when over clocking. The H100i is much better than the H80i, plus it's a double wide fan.

• georgegeorge Member

@TarZZ92 said:
    You will. a huge difference. (Coming from an ex WD customer)

Ok.

• taronyutaronyu Member

@AThomasHowe said:
    I bought an i7 3770k with the intention of over clocking, thus far I've seen no need though. Runs great at stock clock. Still nice to have the option though.

Years ago I bought a 2500k with the intention to OC it when I need it. Never needed it.

• georgegeorge Member

@AThomasHowe said:
    Nah, 3-5C can make a difference when over clocking. The H100i is much better than the H80i, plus it's a double wide fan.

I wasn't trying to compare these two. I'm just saying it's waste of money.

• To be honest you could get away with gaming now on a 2500k with a good GPU.

• georgegeorge Member

@AThomasHowe said:
    To be honest you could get away with gaming now on a 2500k with a good GPU.

This pretty much.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited May 2014

george said: I wasn't trying to compare these two. I'm just saying it's waste of money.

Why? Water cooling is a good idea if you want to OC. Sure a custom loop would be better, it'd also be 2-3x the price and hard to set up. They're also much quieter than a similar solution on air, the cooling is less about rotations of the fans.

edit: Unless your point is an OC is overkill for gaming, which is valid.

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member

@AThomasHowe said:
    Why? Water cooling is a good idea if you want to OC. Sure a custom loop would be better, it'd also be 2-3x the price and hard to set up. They're also much quieter than a similar solution on air, the cooling is less about rotations of the fans.

They are typically very quiet (in most cases), but you can get pretty much the same results with "any" decent air solutions out there (depending on the actual setup).

You also gotta bare in mind there's much bigger potential for a failure. Sometimes the pump noise can be quite annoying as well.

I don't think @joodle is actually aiming for an extreme OC, meaning there is no need for a water cooled setup, but that's about it.

• and tbh, if @joodle is not going for extreme OC(only mild OC or no OC at all), getting e3 1230/1240/1270 would be better as he intends to get a gpu to power his computer anyway or a 4770k(the difference in fps won't be that much though if he only does mild OC) since the 8350 is seriously a power hog

Not to mention that you can run a summerhost from your home using that hardware :)

Thanked by 1george
  • BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited June 2014

george said: I don't think @joodle is actually aiming for an extreme OC, meaning there is no need for a water cooled setup, but that's about it.

I won't overclock to more than ~4.8Ghz, i still remember during summer 2 years ago when i had my old gaming pc with an FX-8120 it became really hot while gaming (was on air cooling, some 212 evo cooler) So i bought a H80i and the temperature was always fine and never above 60 degrees after that.

That's why i bought watercooling again

• Zen said: XFX card, have fun :>

Something wrong with that? I've always had XFX (XFX Radeon HD5850 and an XFX Radeon HD7850) Never had any issues with those cards

• Microlinux said: It looks like a great CPU if you archive files and run POV-Ray all day, and don't care about power draw.

And you know how much the difference in the power draw will cost?

• @Zen everyone has it's own experience

I got some really bad experience with Asus, worst customer service ever

• Computer parts are on it's way, delivery today. I feel sorry for the delivery man though... 5 packages in total -_-'

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

XFX DD cooler is junk. Other than that you now have a nice computer :) PSU sill be fine. It's a Seasonic :)