Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need cheap vps for torrentflux
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need cheap vps for torrentflux

showhostingshowhosting Member
edited May 2014 in General

Hi,

I am currently using a vps but that vps company did not allow me to run torrent-flux, so i need a cheap vps with 256 to 512MB ram with on which i can run torrent-flux easily and that company have no issues related to torrent-flux, kindly please suggest me a cheap vps company.

Thank

Comments

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

Kimsufi KS-1. You won't get better value for money anywhere else.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited May 2014

could also get a kimsufi box for 5eur/mo (if you use private trackers)

don't know any hosts that explicitly allow torrents

I think vpsdime allow torrents on their new openvz storage range too

• @hostnoob thank for your reply but vpsdime is currently down i am trying to open that website but it is down. any other company please

• @showhosting said:
    hostnoob thank for your reply but vpsdime is currently down i am trying to open that website but it is down. any other company please

how much space do you need?

• torrent-flux is deprecated/dead, use rutorrent instead

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @showhosting said:
    hostnoob thank for your reply but vpsdime is currently down i am trying to open that website but it is down. any other company please

Only the website is down and it's not hosted in-house.

• @hostnoob i just need 20 to 30GB space with 500gb space or 1Tb with ram of 256 or 512.

• @texteditor if torrent-flux is dead and now rutorrent is working kindly can you tell me which vps company allow me to run rutorrent on there vps ?

• ankittulsianankittulsian Member
    edited May 2014

I can get you one slot on my dedi which comes with rutorrent, sftp, ftp etc.. Let me know if you are interested.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

BlueVM don't care about bandwidth usage too much if you don't abuse it, pretty sure they allow torrentflux as long as you aren't ripping 100MB/s.

$7.50/month -> 40GB HDD | 2TB bandwidth | 1GB ram | 3 CPU | 1Gbps line

• @ankittulsian please pm me the price per month with space ram and bandwidth with monthly price.

• @viCommunications on which vps they are giving on OPENVZ or KVM ?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

showhosting said: on which vps they are giving on OPENVZ or KVM ?

OpenVZ ofcourse. If you're using this just for Torrentflux, OpenVZ is fine..

Click here for the $7.50/month deal.

• @viCommunications on there OpenVZ vps i can also run rutorrent ? or just they allow only Torrentflux ?

• Don't use torrentflux. Use ruTorrent, uTorrent, Transmission or Deluge. All have web UIs.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

showhosting said: @viCommunications on there OpenVZ vps i can also run rutorrent ? or just they allow only Torrentflux ?

You can run anything that doesn't breach the AUP and abuse server resources. Online.net also offer cheap dedicated servers with unmetered 200Mbit/s pipes. :)

• @AThomasHowe thank for your reply about torrent-flux kindly please share some info about vps company which i can run it easily without any issues.

• For copyrighted content? Not many, I would suggest a seed box provider like Seed.ST. Might not be what you wanna hear but most hosts won't want you downloading copyrighted content and using up disk and CPU on torrents degrading performance for people who are running websites and other services. Some will to a degree but you end up paying more for less (in terms of torrenting) and always on the edge of being booted.

A kimsufi or online deci is a good option though.

• yywudiyywudi Member

ramnode allow torrent if you don't abuse the network. all US location should be OK. just use apt-get install transmission-daemon if using debian.

• @AThomasHowe on seed.st seedbox i can install zpanel or kloxo-MR and also run torrentflux ? can you tell me what will be the normal price of kimsufi because i never buy it and i have to run a online movie portal on which i have to download movie via torrent and run on my php script. i think now you will be more clear about it.

• Kimsufi dedicated servers start at 4,99 €/m but you have to get them while they're available. Online.net starts at 9.99 EUR/m.

And no, seediest doesn't allow that, but for the premium you'll pay to torrent on a VPS you could buy a VPS for your sites and a seed box for your dedi that won't impact your websites ;-)

• do yourself a favor and dont use torrentflux; not sure why youd choose it.
    use rtorrent + rutorrent, or rtorrent + CLI

• @darkshire I need a cheap vps in 2$ to 3$ per month, in which I can run centos + install, rutorrent privately not for a public. On that vps I can store songs and movies which I will get from my private torrent. If you have any vps related to this kindly shoot me a inbox please.

• if you can extend your "budget" to $5 monthly, use VPSDime from @servian (excellent provider)

• @showhosting said:
    darkshire I need a cheap vps in 2$ to 3$ per month, in which I can run centos + install, rutorrent privately not for a public. On that vps I can store songs and movies which I will get from my private torrent. If you have any vps related to this kindly shoot me a inbox please.

GVH in NL with a coupon

The only problem is, it seems occasionally if your files are downloading too fast your VPS will get null-routed for an hour or two because they think it's a DDoS

I was downloading something the other day, and as it hit about 500mbps it went offline. this had happened before and support said it was null routed because of DDoS.

• @hostnoob so what is your suggestion about my issues ? how i can solve my problem ?

• blackblack Member

hostnoob said: and support said it was null routed because of DDoS.

I chuckled.

Thanked by 2darkshire Mark_R
  • @hostnoob said:

not sure why you would give out such bad advice as to use gvh for anything, but then again it would be fun to see them get swamped with dmca notices...

• i think i will not get any solution about my problem. :) thank guys for your reply on my post. still i am searching answer of my issues. thank again.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited May 2014

@darkshire said:
    not sure why you would give out such bad advice as to use gvh for anything, but then again it would be fun to see them get swamped with dmca notices...

It's like $1.63/mo (monthly contract) with coupons, it's worth the risk for a cheap seedbox IMO

That "null-routing" thing has only happened twice in 6 months