Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Hacked - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Hacked

Comments

• DanielMDanielM Member

@subigo said: Quick update. The FBI is obviously working the case now. The site that was hosting the database has been seized and the members of ugnazi have "went underground" lol.

Its probably on every torrent site now anyways.

• subigosubigo Member

@DanielM said: @subigo said: Quick update. The FBI is obviously working the case now. The site that was hosting the database has been seized and the members of ugnazi have "went underground" lol.

Its probably on every torrent site now anyways.

As one of the comments on the site I originally linked states, the "seized" site seems fishy. I've never once seen the FBI redirect a site to fbi.gov. I think it might be ugnazi just forwarding the domain to make people think it was seized.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@subigo said: I think it might be ugnazi just forwarding the domain to make people think it was seized.

I think you make many blatantly obvious 'predictions' just so you can say 'called it' and appear to be wiser after the fact.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

@DanielM said: Ouch!

i love this part :

[...]and lowendtalk.com.[...]

:P

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@jarland said: @gsrdgrdghd To the degree and extent that it can be used right now, how is it not new?

A few years ago, when I was still involved in a certain shadier forum, social engineering was all over the place.

• vldvld Member

@jarland said: I think you missed my point. It's the "new hacking." Meaning it's the new thing to do to gain control of precious resources and exploit them for personal gain or the misfortune of others via the same channels which one used to need to hack to access

Social engineering has been part of "hacking" since the beginning.

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • @vld said: Social engineering has been part of "hacking" since the beginning.

His point isn't that it's existed, it's that it now plays a much larger role, I believe.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited May 2012

@vld said: Social engineering has been part of "hacking" since the beginning.

Well... more than that, social engineering doesn't have to do with computer systems. Is an application but is used in other fields, like marketing for example.

@DimeCadmium said: His point isn't that it's existed, it's that it now plays a much larger role, I believe.

Even that I doubt.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2012

A few years ago, when I was still involved in a certain shadier forum, social engineering was all over the place.

And

Social engineering has been part of "hacking" since the beginning.

See:

There is nothing about the kind of social engineering used in these cases that resembles any other disconnected, non Internet related social engineering of the past. ... Unless, of course, there's a town somewhere where people used to put their life stories on bulletin boards on their front doors and where businesses accepted "What's your favorite movie" instead of cash or ID, then this is a recent development in our world and has taken a place in people's minds formerly held by the word "hacking."

Keep in mind "recent" means within 15 years to me. Let me be clear, no one was probing your Facebook or MySpace or any other online social network on any large scale or on any large group of people 15 years ago, for any purpose. So much about social engineering as it relates to so-called "hacking" in our current environment is anything but old. Context, apply it. If I was talking about marketing, generic scamming, social engineering via telephone, stealing candy from children, prank calling retirement homes, newsgroups, bbs, or anything unrelated to the topic or the current outbreak of social engineering as it relates to people's perception of hacking, I'd let you know.
    I get it, you disagree with my statement. I don't :)

Disclaimer: This post contains the personal opinion of the poster. It is not intended to be graded as an essay for an institution of higher education, and it is currently lacking in proper citations and explanations for any and all possible misinterpretations by any reader who may have a varying opinion.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • https://twitter.com/#!/UG

Guilty conscious or tweeting whilst drunk?

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@onepound said: Guilty conscious or tweeting whilst drunk?

Can't tell if the tweets are sincere.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

This would be a good time for a meme.....

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

I say @FTN_Kevin should go drive back to that address now..

• http://pastebin.com/eBTEMgym

Most def fake and framing

• DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited May 2012

@bijan588 said: http://pastebin.com/eBTEMgym

Most def fake and framing

My thoughts exactly. Especially considering their posts are coming from LA and Staten Island, both of which are sorta near to addresses listed, but I doubt it's that far off.

@DimeCadmium said: My thoughts exactly. Especially considering their posts are coming from LA and Staten Island, both of which are sorta near to addresses listed, but I doubt it's that far off.

Location can be faked.

• DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited May 2012

@joepie91 said: Location can be faked.

Well no duh... but why would they when they're trying to give themselves up? If they were gonna fake it wouldn't they have faked it to those addresses they gave?

• kalamkalam Member

Too little, too late.

• TaylorTaylor Member

Any

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited May 2012

Anyone have a mirror of that pastebin?

• @Taylor said: Anyone have a mirror of that pastebin?

http://pastebin.com/CR34zxQk

Thanked by 2MrDOS [Deleted User]
  • I love the people who think protecting the admin area (by moving it, IP, http auth, whatever) will help them against vuln's...

The vuln is just as likely to be in the client area, and that's almost as bad as them having access to the admin panel.

• AsimAsim Member
    edited May 2012

LOL, I got this from Youtube over the video of WHMCS-Hacked that I uploaded

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Asim Seems their trying their best to burry it from history lol

• u4iau4ia Member

@Asim Maybe it was the music in the background, that's a copyright no-no too :)

• says it was issued by WHMCS ltd.

• AsimAsim Member

Yes, it was issued by WHMCS and has nothing to do with the background music. The email address was mentioned as [email protected]

• AsimAsim Member

I have posted a counter-notice to WHMCS and Youtube itself stating that I video'd it myself and have all the raw videos if they want as proof. Also since they were hacked, anyone and everyone can make a video of that and publish it online.

I don't see how this is copyrighted. Correct me otherwise