Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will lowendtalk bring in rules to stop people being so rude on peoples posts? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will lowendtalk bring in rules to stop people being so rude on peoples posts?

13»

Comments

• BradBrad Member

@Sunn said:
    Oh gosh yes, we even have the IPv10

Test IP for that pls?

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited May 2014

@Jack, as a summurhost, can u efen Afort dat?

• Microlinux said: My suggestion is that anyone who feels offended by a post tell their mom -- she'll call the other person's mom.

Inaccurate negative remarks that is not nice, especially: your service is crap - your not capable of doing this or that - etc > obviously i mean when people do this with no evidence just plain slandering for the fun of it to make someone look bad.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Stevie said:
    I do not represent any company so i do not need to be professional

It swing both ways, how do you expect a provider to be professional its customers are not?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Jack said:
    You rack equipment? I just stack it up...

Cheap racks for your home data center http://wiki.eth0.nl/index.php/LackRack

• sz1hosting said: Inaccurate negative remarks that is not nice, especially: your service is crap - your not capable of doing this or that - etc > obviously i mean when people do this with no evidence just plain slandering for the fun of it to make someone look bad.

People have seen your websites already so we know everything that you aren't capable of, which is seemingly everything (except making tacky graphics with one of your dozens of domain names slapped on top of another company's logo)

• BradBrad Member

What's the point of a forum if you can't express yourself?

• texteditor said: People have seen your websites already so we know everything that you aren't capable of, which is seemingly everything (except making tacky graphics with one of your dozens of domain names slapped on top of another company's logo)

I try.

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

Brad said: What's the point of a forum if you can't express yourself?

expression is good but not when your insulting people.. There are a lot of nice people here it is not everyone who constantly insults other users.

• aoleeaolee Member

no option "depends"?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • @sz1hosting said:
    Just wondering if there is any plans to stop people from being so rude and negative on peoples posts? Generally meaning it would be nice if people did not comment on peoples posts with such rude and inappropriate remarks, this may even be a form of online bullying in a sense when it is a ongoing bashing or trolling of users.

No.

We have plenty of rules in place regarding behavior, name-calling, and respect. I believe it's going pretty well lately, so I see no reason to make even more rules.

If you happen to find an offensive post, feel free to flag it. We look at each flag we get, so if it's actually something that's inappropriate we will act on it.

If you want to know why people are negative in your particular case, shoot me a PM.

Thanked by 2sz1hosting rm_
  • chrispchrisp Member

Hm, I voted "yes", but after reading the comments I realise, that this trolling and fun stuff is why I'm here basically. Oh and all the offers on WHT suck because they are all like "one time off, FREE FREE, best offer, buy one get 3 extra for free" and shit. I dislike such offers, that's why I joined this community anyway. The good thing is if you ask a professional question you get a professional answer, if you ask a dumb question (north korea vps or something) you get troll comments and dumb answers.

So my vote now would be "no" now, LET doesn't need to change

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • @Liam said:
    I don't think the actual problem here is Lowendtalk. I think the problem is you find it hard to fit in with the culture. Most users here are from Europe/Americas where you are allowed to have an opinion and to voice it. We all more or less have the same values and have had a similar sort of upbringing.

The problem with some Asian users, is that they are use to not having an opinion and living under a heirachy where they don't question things. I'm not really talking about China, because most Chinese I know round here have their own opinions.

That's pretty racist.

Thanked by 2sz1hosting 0xdragon
  • A small point: I would never want lowendtalk to be like WHT with there rules it would be horrible, i will use that flag option when getting abused by people in future : )

• it is just the community

i enjoy the sense of humor here even when i was dealt a very not okey welcome with my first two post.
    i have adapted to the way of life here, visited google before making an ass of myself here.

as an african i survived.

i remembered @Zen first comment to me

Please..no..why are you doing
    this to yourself? The horde will
    soon come!

and yes they came 5seconds later.

that post still hunts me now that am matured.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • @Liam said:

cultural differences

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • Making broad generalizations about races is racist. So Chinese people don't have opinions, "even though they're clever, they find it hard to adapt to the culture"? How is that not a racist thing to say?

There's also lots of conformity in western countries. But no matter where they are from, every single person I've ever met has had their own opinions. We're all humans, we all have opinions. Some of them aren't very good, clearly. But I believe in free speech, so say whatever you want.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • I can honestly not see this ending well from here on.

/thread

Thanked by 3sz1hosting Gunter imp
This discussion has been closed.