Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will lowendtalk bring in rules to stop people being so rude on peoples posts? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will lowendtalk bring in rules to stop people being so rude on peoples posts?

Comments

• DavidxDavidx Member

The community keeps fools at bay by itself. It's kinda self-moderation. I think LET should stay as is. Moderator intervention is already good enough for situations that get too out of hand.

• MunMun Member

@ricardo said:
    It's just young folk trying to impress their peers with their phenomenal experience, insight and wisdom......

You mean like this...?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Mun said:
    Who needs a hug :D?

@Jack does.
    Or he needs a girl instead of the cows across the road.

• MunMun Member

Hugs @jack :)

• rds100rds100 Member

WHT is different because they have much stricter rules and enforce them heavily, some times too much. They hand out infractions left and right like candies. Actually i lost interest and stopped participating there after the last infraction i got.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Mun offensive to say germany kids are retards, he just want to play unreal tournament such old game. Thats does happen also in other country's so please post nextime 2 videos thanks.

• said: negative and insulting remarks.

Is the only thing i do not like, and WHT Rules are just way to much and over the top they really do go to far.

• Infinity580 said: "The Big Bang killed the dinosaurs"

I like your signature ^_^

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

@sz1hosting Thanks :D

• Mark_RMark_R Member

What do you consider rude? everyone has his own definition of rude. if there will be rules about behaivor then you have to define everything that is being considered rude just to justify a valid ban that isn't biased on a moderator's definition of rude.

A example would be me calling your webdesigns shit, for you it might be a rude thing to say but for me it is being straightforward honest (bold.)

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@sz1hosting

i agree, and support your concern.

• lelewkulelewku Member

@serverian said:
    Most people on this site are smart, they only act rude when the post or the poster is ridiculous, scam, spam, idiotic, etc.

thats true bro.. like most people here do to you.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

I wish people at least tried to find an answer to their problem before they posted here. Google is a good tool.
    (Young) People just expect everything to be handed to them on a silver plate these days...

Thanked by 2netomx sz1hosting
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

perennate said: They can be server for 127.0.0.1

Awesome pings, bro.

• LET is fine the way it is, in all, it seems people "mostly" respect themselves. Constant moderation makes us look like we're kids that can't manage ourselves. I don't want this to be another WHT. :-(

• @sz1hosting said:
    Just wondering if there is any plans to stop people from being so rude and negative on peoples posts?

What should we do when someone is rude in person, lobby our governments to enact laws that arbitrarily outlaw rudeness?

My suggestion is that anyone who feels offended by a post tell their mom -- she'll call the other person's mom.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • PwnerPwner Member
    edited May 2014

@Mun said:

For the record, I'd love to play that kid in CS:GO, Halo, etc. just to get his reaction.

Especially when the spawn-killing starts.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

• jnguyenjnguyen Member

@Stevie said:
    You cant blame some of these people for acting the way they do, it is unprofessional but think about it, if you dont know what you are doing and then post a vps offer of: 5 gig ram/500 gig hd space/unlimited bandwidth vps for $3 a month, you are basically taken customers away from them, and then we will hear customers complaining that your service is shit blah blah and then the host runs away blah blah - LET has had a crap load of this - so yea they get annoyed.

We do this except we know what we're doing, but people get annoyed anyways. Do I win something?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

GreenValueHost said: Do I win something?

This fine trophy my good sir.

• StevieStevie Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    We do this except we know what we're doing, but people get annoyed anyways. Do I win something?

You already won the kiddie wanna be businessman host award not sure if you can win something other then that.

You main problem is that you are suppose to represent a company, and you do one of the crappiest job at that - you troll customers who have legit questions and concerns, your business practice is that of like pirateat40 from bitcoin (who end up being a scammer and running away) and the worst part is that you dont give a shit, karma will bite you and no one will care but you.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited May 2014

@Stevie you have absolutely no ground to be criticizing me on maturity.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/26476/close-this-post

Stop being a bandwagoner. You're trying to please the same people who told you that you don't know what you're doing.

• SunnSunn Member

I have a datacenter in my room closet.

Thanked by 1Boxode
  • namhuynamhuy Member

Sunn said: I have a datacenter in my room closet.

Must be very hot inside :)

• StevieStevie Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    Stevie you have absolutely no ground to be criticizing me on maturity.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/26476/close-this-post

Stop being a bandwagoner. You're trying to please the same people who told you that you don't know what you're doing.

I do not represent any company so i do not need to be professional, and yes some of those people were being assholes, but some of the members here explained to me what happened in a good civil manner.

Also @GreenValueHost it's not really the fact that your young that irks me, its your attitude on these forums and how you treat your customers and your crazy overselling crap that will screw you in the end.

I believe most LET'ers Think that a well (or did before the LET darkness took over) - But we can only tell you, you are the one who should change.

Just understand that even though you are making big bucks now, the cash will stop flowing and this will haunt you for the rest of your virtual life.

I had a friend who created a crazy new project, which made tons of donations until a user pointed out that so-so happened and why he did not pay the guy blah blah blah..
    Anyway that was the only bad thing (which he later explained that the guy was bull-shit) - so yea one topic about him from 2 years ago nearly destroyed his whole project - so imagine 2-3 years from now and your working on the next best new project only to have 1,000 of threads which shit on you and your company.

But then again talk is talk, so I am pretty sure you do not care.

• Jack said: Mine's in my bedroom, I win.

How do you sleep with all that noise?

• SunnSunn Member

@namhuy - We use state of the art air conditioning in the closet.

@Jack - Do you have racks, that hang on hangers?? I did not think so. I Win.

• SunnSunn Member
    edited May 2014

@Jack said:

Ahh i see, are all the server's running on a @ home 2 MBPS internet connection? (:

I just upgraded to 2.1 MBPS.

• BoxodeBoxode Member
    edited May 2014

Sunn said: Ahh i see, are all the server's running on a @ home 2 MBPS internet connection? (:

Did you get IPv8 yet? been waiting for months now.

• SunnSunn Member

Oh gosh yes, we even have the IPv10

This discussion has been closed.