Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider similar to DigitalOcean based in the EU? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider similar to DigitalOcean based in the EU?

2»

Comments

• kontamkontam Member

Try EDIS. I had a couple of VPSs with them and I was very satisfied. They're established and reliable.

• iceTwyiceTwy Member

@myhken said:
    If the server is rebooted, or I dismount the volume, nobody can get access to my uploaded files.

You wish. Your encryption keys are stored in the RAM of the host node, therefore giving law enforcement two choices; either having the host dump the content of the memory, or performing a cold boot attack on the server.

Unless you at least have a dedicated server, encryption is somewhat useless. And even if you do, the fact that you cannot physically monitor the server 24/7, and instead rely on the hosting company/datacenter to do so, is still a huge risk that lowers the effectiveness of encryption altogether.

• myhkenmyhken Member

iceTwy said: therefore giving law enforcement two choices; either having the host dump the content of the memory, or performing a cold boot attack on the server.

I don't care about law enforcement, I have nothing to hide. But I'm sure it more safe then not encrypting, if etc, somebody got access to the node or something, and then got access to my server.