Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apology and Vote - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apology and Vote

2»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@AsadHaider said: I love how most the threads randomly go off topic at LET.

We all have a LowEndAttentionSpan.

And in this case, the tangent is more interesting than the thread.

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Daniel said: in-fact in US prisons there is a higher proportion of religious to irreligious people, then the general US population.

That's a pretty awesome abuse of statistics.

To be accurate, you'd have to compare people who are actively religious at the time they commit crimes (not just "I was baptized/had my barmitzvah/made shehaddah when I was a kid" or "I converted to get married but never went to a service in my life") vs. people who are not. Your prison numbers are going to also be wildly skewed by the number of people who convert in prison due to heavy ministry, boredom, regret, etc. And finally, you need to define religious - go to some religious service every week/month/year? A Scientologist? Cult members?

• @taipres As I said before to you several times, though you seem to just TL;DR everything I spend the time trying to convey to you. You can on occasion have some constructive contributions to the community, but you seem to get overly defensive and selfish when anyone else says something you don't agree with. Then you go off and tell people why if they do not see it your way they are wrong. The negativity is what puts me off the most.

If you have something constructive to contribute to a thread, PLEASE CONTRIBUTE. If you do not have anything relevant to a conversation and your response is just a big fat negative attack on the OP of the thread or someone in it, then just type it out and close the thread without posting. I have just become tired of every time I open a thread you having an argument with someone in it and it turning into you advertising your site because you think it is so much better, or you attacking people because they do not agree with your exact view. Just chill out, find some positive things to talk about and convey, and lets all have a good time learning and sharing here at LET/LEB.

That's my 2 cents, hopefully this time you actually read it.

Thanks for your time.