Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apology and Vote
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apology and Vote

taiprestaipres Member
edited May 2012 in General

I came into this community on a bad note, I came in being negative, I insulted the community as a whole and seemed to upset quite a few people. Admittedly I was frustrated many weren't embracing my site at the time, even though I was getting pretty good traffic, I wanted to be #1, I felt like I did everything I could at the time to produce a superior site in terms of features and it wasn't taking off like I expected. Even still there was no excuse for my behavior. As I speak to you now, I really have no interest in that anymore, my passion for budget boxes is all but gone, it's hard for me to even get new posts up(sorry for the delay RaidLogic) even though traffics been steady. And though I made a thread apologizing at that time, the hatred in this community seemed to carry over till the present(as I continued to argue with people etc...), upsetting one guy so much he DDoS'd me for a little bit.

Believe it or not though I really don't like upsetting people, I don't want to be your enemy, I don't want anyone to have hatred for me, or even be someone you dislike. So from the bottom of my heart I apologize again to all the users i've insulted, argued with, mocked, etc... and I hope you guys can forgive me. I'm also removing my signature and not posting on the forum for 2 weeks.

Lastly i'm doing something unconventional i'm going to let the members i've mocked the most decide if I ever post here again. Effectively deciding if I self ban myself(or if mods want to honor it they can set it officially)

Daniel
Aldryic
raindog308
ElliotJ
liam
gsrdgrdghd
FTN_Kevin

Majority rules in terms of these individuals vote, and as I said i'll honor their decision. This isn't a pity part on my behalf, i'm just genuinely disappointed in my behavior as it's not right, as a Christian or as a man. Also to those who've been kind to me on here and in private, I very much appreciate it, I think this community as a whole is really fortunate to have you.

Comments

• AldryicAldryic Member

I vote against a ban. You've shown in multiple posts that you are quite capable of civilized, casual discourse. If you truly believe yourself capable of change, I see no reason why you shouldn't stay.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@taipres said: Christian

God has no place inside these walls.

Pony on the other hand..............

Francisco

Thanked by 1Rudolph
  • ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited May 2012

Guess what happened exactly one month ago?

I misread you guys, there's a lot of quality on this forum and in this community, and I apologize for blowing up and insulting you in the other thread. I think part of it was I forgot why I got in this space to begin with, and I was just ready to exit. I may not get much out of working on Cvd, other than helping providers and you guys, but that's fine with me, as that in itself is rewarding.

Ban.

Seriously, half of your apology here is just talking about your blog. >_>

Thanked by 2raindog308 Asim
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said: God has no place inside these walls.

Pony on the other hand..............

Francisco

like you are capable of differentiating between the 2 :)

;;; TROLL ;;;

No need to self ban, nothing wrong with a bit of drama, it was all clearly out of frustration in the first place,.... relax, deep breath and start again, I always liked your site too.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Just stop the crap and start looking at things in a balanced way and you'll be fine.

No ban

Thanked by 2raindog308 Asim
  • KairusKairus Member

Hey another one of these threads! I almost forgot your first apology for being an annoying douche thread. I believe you this time though.

• AsadAsad Member

I like some of your threads :P

• AdamAdam Member

1) Simply put, stop being a douche
    2) If you want to stay, then stay, but clean up your act instead of posting an apology
    3) Learn to accept criticism
    4) Stop trying to be right/one up everyone
    5) Stop trying to have the last word. This is where you really fall short.
    6) Think of @Aldryic as "Gizmo" from Gremlins. Follow the 3 rules and he's harmless

Thanked by 2Aldryic raindog308
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Adam said: 6) Think of @Aldryic as "Gizmo" from Gremlins. Follow the 3 rules and he's harmless

Now that's funny

• bijan588bijan588 Member
    edited May 2012

Gtfo

This is your second apology thread.

Your an attention whore.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@bijan588 said: Your an attention whore.

Did you ever think, maybe he is just a spotlight seeker?

• yomeroyomero Member

That

@bijan588 said: This is your second apology thread.

Yes, this is retarded (AGAIN... people NEVER change)

@bijan588 said: Your an attention whore.

This

@bijan588 for president.

Thanked by 1bijan588
  • flyfly Member

sorry what is this

• ZettaZetta Member

Where is this damn poll plugin for Vanilla?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@kbar said: sorry what is this

I get the sense that taipres gets drunk about once a month and drunk-dials LET.

• bijan588bijan588 Member
    edited May 2012

Not even kidding, you apoligized once, and you fucked up again.

Your worse than @Naruto.

@taipres said: as a Christian

The fuck does that have to do with anything?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If I've wronged someone (and I'm as guilty as anyone of it), I'll be the first to apologize. Now, will I apologize for toying with people on the Internet? Heck no. You're not even people. You're all AI designed by the Internet service providers to entertain me and create the illusion of a giant community.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Maybe these repeating apologies are a glitch in the matrix?

Thanked by 2jar bijan588

I clearly programmed you to capitalize Matrix. Who the crap built this compiler...

• @jarland said: If I've wronged someone (and I'm as guilty as anyone of it), I'll be the first to apologize. Now, will I apologize for toying with people on the Internet? Heck no. You're not even people. You're all AI designed by the Internet service providers to entertain me and create the illusion of a giant community.

> Command Not Found

No one hates you Taipres, you just seek attention all the time.

Thanked by 1bijan588
  • laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@bijan588 said: The fuck does that have to do with anything?

Well Christians are suppose to be civil.

• @FTN_Kevin said: Well Christians are suppose to be civil.

Religion has nothing todo if your civil or not and whether your a nice person or horrible person.

Thanked by 1Asim
    edited May 2012

@Daniel But it surely provides a simple statement that immediately references the moral standards of the individual in question, whether upheld or not. If I was at a restaurant and when presented with a steak I said "no thank you" or "I'm a vegan" (I'm not), both would be easily understood and accepted as relevant to the server, even if I went home and ate a steak.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@Daniel said: Religion has nothing todo if your civil or not and whether your a nice person or horrible person.

Yes it does. In my book, being a horrible person is hurting another individual for your own advantage, this is a SIN if you are religious. Such as DDoSing people, you would know, Daniel ;)

• vedranvedran Veteran

Do you have multiple personality disorder?

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Yes it does. In my book, being a horrible person is hurting another individual for your own advantage, this is a SIN if you are religious. Such as DDoSing people, you would know, Daniel ;)

Theres no proof to show that if your religious that your less likely to commit a crime, in-fact in US prisons there is a higher proportion of religious to irreligious people, then the general US population.

I know, I'm such a terrible sinner ;)

edited May 2012

@Daniel You're over thinking it. No one said being a Christian doesn't make you sin, just that certain actions are then considered by you to be a sin. By stating I'm a Christian, for example, anyone knowledgeable about Christian morality suddenly has an understanding of the framework of my morality, not necessarily the ability to predict my movements. Everyone is a hypocrite, let the man tell you in one short word where he desires his values to be, unless it offends you that he mentions his faith. Irrelevant though, when telling someone the image you compare yourself to in order to convey your desired moral foundation? Hardly ;)

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@jarland said: @Daniel You're over thinking it. No one said being a Christian doesn't make you sin, just that certain actions are then considered by you to be a sin. By stating I'm a Christian, for example, anyone knowledgeable about Christian morality suddenly has an understanding of the framework of my morality, not necessarily the ability to predict my movements. Everyone is a hypocrite, let the man tell you in one short word where he desires his values to be, unless it offends you that he mentions his faith ;)

I probably am, I was under the presumption that he was meaning "Im a Christian, so there fore I can not be a bad person"

• AldryicAldryic Member

@FTN_Kevin said: Well Christians are suppose to be civil.

Saladin would disagree with you there. I'm quite sure Jerusalem would've preferred that the Jehovas had come knocking instead of the Crusaders.

• AsadAsad Member

I love how most the threads randomly go off topic at LET.