Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why hasn't anyone made #lowendtalk?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why hasn't anyone made #lowendtalk?

taiprestaipres Member
edited May 2012 in General

I know #lowendbox exists on freendode but why no #lowendtalk or ##lowendtalk?

Comments

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

I don't see a point to it, lowendbox and lowendtalk is a single community, and only split by domain name for the purpose of the different scripts used to facilitate the different goals of the two media, but IRC we can all share in a single location. It's also a plus in my mind that the folks that choose to only visit one or the other site might meet people from other.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • debugdebug Member

Their the same (#LowEndBox = #LowEndTalk

• taiprestaipres Member

Since I been here Mods have told me LEB != LET. LET is IMHO more welcoming to all where as LEB is a very direct focus, so it'd be nice if a channel for it existed.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

same people in both... no need to split

• NickMNickM Member

@taipres said: Since I been here Mods have told me LEB != LET.

I think whoever told you that meant it as "LEB writers != LET mods"

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I have a hard enough time switching between 3 channels... :(

/me is IRC newb.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@NickM said: I think whoever told you that meant it as "LEB writers != LET mods"

That's precisely how I wrote it. He has a habit of only reading what he wants, and ignoring the rest of the text.

Thanked by 1NateN34
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

Pointless. Same people would hang on both channels. I really don't see a reason for additional window on desktop just to see our nicknames doubled.

@taipres said: so it'd be nice if a channel for it existed

Nice for whom? :) You're not even on #lowendbox (apart from one or two short visits)...

• taiprestaipres Member

Spirit I think it'd be more welcoming to everyone interested in budget VPS boxes and not necessarily interested in LEB specifically, but if no ones interested in it np. Also Aldryic this is the last time I address you in any thread, but to be perfectly honest I could care less what you have to say, the second you insulted my family your posts became null and void to me, because I have no respect for people who act like that, none. I may not be the biggest fan of some other users on here but I still read their posts and respect their opinion, but not you. Also I didn't get the LEB!=LET from you I got it from Veteran most likely.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: Spirit I think it'd be more welcoming to everyone interested in budget VPS boxes and not necessarily interested in LEB specifically, but if no ones interested in it np. Also Aldryic this is the last time I address you in any thread, but to be perfectly honest I could care less what you have to say, the second you insulted my family your posts became null and void to me, because I have no respect for people who act like that, none. I may not be the biggest fan of some other users on here but I still read their posts and respect their opinion, but not you. Also I didn't get the LEB!=LET from you I got it from Veteran most likely.

He never insulted your family.

He was saying how he feels SORRY for your family, because they have to put up with you.

Here, read it again:

@Aldryic said: The sad part is guys... just imagine how his family must feel. We only have to tolerate this occasionally... imagine having to live with that. >_<

Can you read that?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

Ah, come on @taipres... get real. You really don't have anything better to talk?
    We finally filled #lowendbox... and it's actually really ok here and now we supposed to do also /join #lowendtalk.. for what? Go there if you want to, feel free to hang at non-existing #lowendtalk as much you want but stop with argumenting how nice would be 2nd LEB/LET channel without even being part of 1st one.
    Go there, make you own IRC channel if you want to but please, give us a break!

Thanked by 1rm_
  • taiprestaipres Member

NaeN34 him simply mentioning my family is an insult and IMHO a coward move. You just don't talk about a mans family.

• taiprestaipres Member

@Spirit said: Ah, come on @taipres... get real. You really don't have anything better to talk?

We finally filled #lowendbox... and it's actually really ok here and now we supposed to do also /join #lowendtalk.. for what? Go there if you want to, feel free to hang at non-existing #lowendtalk as much you want but stop with argumenting how nice would be 2nd LEB/LET channel without even being part of 1st one. Go there, make you own IRC channel if you want to but please, give us a break!

I was just shooting out an idea Spirit, if nones interested in #lowendtalk, that's fine. I'm happy LEB channel is filling.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited May 2012

@taipress i think lets wait for the new leb/let from chief.

+1 on @NateN34 comment. He did not insult your family.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

So @taipres do we have a point? :)

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: You just don't talk about a mans family.

I didn't talk about a man's family. Stop crying.

Thanked by 1NateN34
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@taipres said: You just don't talk about a mans family.

Yo momma wears army boots and smokes a corncob pipe! Nyah, nyah!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

You're aware that some day Chief can just come in and ask freenode to close the official channels right?

The only 'safe' option is ##lowendtalk

Francisco

• taiprestaipres Member

@Francisco said: You're aware that some day Chief can just come in and ask freenode to close the official channels right?

The only 'safe' option is ##lowendtalk

Francisco

While that's his option, and he could if wanted, it's not that simple. He has to file something with freenode, I forget the name but they can take months or longer to process to get ownership. I doubt #lowendbox already did that, and hence should really be on ## for unofficial but it's whatever, doesn't matter.

• KairusKairus Member

I figured it out. taipres = naruto.

• DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres
    Freenode does not require you to become a group contact with them to close a channel.

Freenode also does not require you to become a group contact to run either a # or ## channel. The purpose of # channels: run BY the group, regardless of whether the group has registered with them or not. The purpose of ## channels: run FOR the group or topic, regardless of whether the ones running it have registered with them or not.

Another point they make is that ## is more for topics and # is for groups... but that's a secondary distinction.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@DimeCadmium said: Freenode does not require you to become a group contact with them to close a channel.

Freenode technically wants you to file a grf-f to register a # http://freenode.net/grf-f.php which are official channels. Now because Freenode is unorganized there are many #'s that are registered that shouldn't be on the namespace but rather ##. In terms of #lowendbox

Registered : Jul 31 15:41:43 2010 (1 year, 41 weeks, 4 days, 15:26:46 ago)

So my guess the guy who registered that channel just did a /msg chanserv register etc...instead of filing a grf-f like he should have, but unless there's an ownership dispute I seriously doubt freenode would even care.