Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think KuJoe should be given the reigns to LEB?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you think KuJoe should be given the reigns to LEB?

taiprestaipres Member
edited May 2012 in General

I'm sure Chief is an awesome guy but the fact of the matter is he was given control of LEB and LET because the original LEA had no more time/interest in it, and as far as I can tell neither does Chief. So IMHO I think it's clear the community needs someone else to take over, who does have the time/interest in it. And even though KuJoe is a provider

1)He's an active member
2)He seems passionate about not just fixing LEB but improving it
3)He seems very level headed, fair, and intelligent

Real talk.

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Chief is working on a new version of LEB, so saying that he takes no interest in it is just false. KuJoe is already a helper at LEB and does a good job..

• ZeroZero Member

@taipres said: 1)He's an active member

2)He seems passionate about not just fixing LEB but improving it
    3)He seems very level headed, fair, and intelligent

I agree, however I think there is a group of Editors/Moderators to keep the things going on even if Chief is busy.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

I think @Taipres should take over LEB.

I don't get along with Chief, but I think KuJoe already does a good job, and in fact should have more "power".

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@Infinity said: Chief is working on a new version of LEB, so saying that he takes no interest in it is just false. KuJoe is already a helper at LEB and does a good job..

Is he now? So that's why he's been gone for months letting things fall apart? And from reading Kujoes posts, he's crippled by lack of access, hence why he can't fix the pictures or other bugs. He also can't even get ahold of Chief via phone or other means...so Kujoe can't help much with these conditions and he IMHO should be the one running things, not just a "helper", as he's more than qualified.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • gsxgsx Member

If Chief is active in the community, WH has he not posted?

• Even im going to admit it seems that Chief was only here for a few days and then completely disappeared.

If your going to run a community, you need to make your presence known. Joel was more active as Joel than he has been Chief since the takeover.

Just my thoughts.

• I don't think its as easy as "giving someone LEB/LET", from what i understood Chief payed money to LEA for the site. And i doubt that he would just want to give it away

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@gsx No one claimed he's active in this community. He doesn't have to post to see what goes on in this community etc..

• VictorVictor Member

Wow, I've been missing for too long..anyone mind giving me a short summary of what's been happening lately? I thought LEA handed over LEB to Francisco or KuJoe, and Chief was just LEA lol.

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR

@Joel is now @Chief after the handover, @Victor...

• VictorVictor Member
    edited May 2012

@Boltersdriveer said: @Joel is now @Chief after the handover, @Victor...

Oh, didn't know that. Thanks :)

• NickMNickM Member

I'm a bit torn. On one hand, KuJoe is doing a great job, especially given the limitations of not having full access to everything, and he's a great person. On the other hand, he's a provider, and a provider probably shouldn't be running LEB, even if his own company isn't advertised there at all.

• @NickM said: I'm a bit torn. On one hand, KuJoe is doing a great job, especially given the limitations of not having full access to everything, and he's a great person. On the other hand, he's a provider, and a provider probably shouldn't be running LEB, even if his own company isn't advertised there at all.

This +1. I don't think KuJoe would be interested in taking over altogether anyway, he has made that clear once before. And anyway, how can he run his business and LEB at the same time.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@NickM said: I'm a bit torn. On one hand, KuJoe is doing a great job, especially given the limitations of not having full access to everything, and he's a great person. On the other hand, he's a provider, and a provider probably shouldn't be running LEB, even if his own company isn't advertised there at all.

I think he's proven that he'd be fair and balanced, and I bet if anyone had an issue with how KuJoe was running things, there's a chance that he'd likely discuss it on here or through some other medium. He's active unlike Chief. The tidbit about Chief buying LEB from, that's really disappointing if true.

• taiprestaipres Member

@GetKVM-Ash said: This +1. I don't think KuJoe would be interested in taking over altogether anyway, he has made that clear once before. And anyway, how can he run his business and LEB at the same time.

He could delegate jobs etc...to helpers, he's made a few posts on some of his neat ideas in terms of improving LEB, not just fixing it. The main thing is he'd be active so things would get done.

• @taipres said: He could delegate jobs etc...to helpers, he's made a few posts on some of his neat ideas in terms of improving LEB, not just fixing it. The main thing is he'd be active so things would get done.

But LEB is supposed to be unbiased, even though KuJoe is honest and hard-working, it wont stop people pointing out he's a provider when something gets said.

Come to think of it, weren't you one of the ones saying @Aldryic and @Francisco were behind LEB etc and it wasn't fair.

Yet now your suggesting the same thing, just with a different person? :S

• bretonbreton Member

@taipres said: and as far as I can tell neither does Chief

That feel when you don't see our moderator's private chat.

• taiprestaipres Member

@GetKVM-Ash said: Yet now your suggesting the same thing, just with a different person? :S

Kujoe doesn't act like those two, and he's already proven how he'd run LEB. And breton if Chief was active he'd fix all the bugs and take two seconds to give access. I bet he hasn't been here for weeks to months, and I found it pretty interesting he took a vacation as soon as the old LEA give him control over everything...that's not how one should act when they inherit a community that was already neglected.

• AldryicAldryic Member

Did anyone bother to actually stop and ask KuJoe what he thinks?

• VictorVictor Member
    edited May 2012

Just a quick question, since I don't know how to get a hold of anyone from LEB. Is the email for offers still the same as previous one before handover? I've sent 2 emails in the past 2 months and still no replies or listing and I am starting to think that email is no longer active..

P.S: This is not a complaint of any sort, simply a query as I have no other place to post or ask this. Cheers.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I think Kujoe already said he had no interest in leading LEB/LET.

but one can always change ones mind.

• @Aldryic said: Did anyone bother to actually stop and ask KuJoe what he thinks?

Taipres said it so it must be right.

I know many here hated @DrMike, but I wouldn't of minded if he became the new LEA.

• AsimAsim Member

@Boltersdriveer said: @Joel is now @Chief after the handover, @Victor...

I never knew that

• AldryicAldryic Member

Mike was a decent enough guy so long as you never tried to submit a point that didn't agree with his. You'd definitely see a good deal of butthurt-banning if that happened, though <_<

• ChiefChief Member

@Taipres I am actively involved with whom and where I need to be involved ;) http://imgur.com/EZWBZ

You post a lot of assumptions that are factually incorrect, especially that you think "KuJoe" is running the place, opposed to giving credit to others as well which although may not be your intention is quite insulting to their efforts. Mikho and Asim are also contributing to LEB. Last articles ordered top to bottom: http://imgur.com/s9Ulw

I have put a team in place for LEB and LET and intend to keep it that way which leaves me working on the new site now that we have picked up a paid developer. If people need me it's not that hard to contact me privately via a PM on LET.

KuJoe is doing a good job, however the public assumption is very different to the facts, and that is there are people contributing whom just don't feel the need to get involved in public discussions. Now if you don't mind, I am going to grab my glass of scotch off the table and go enjoy it while the storm in the teacup spins.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: Kujoe doesn't act like those two, and he's already proven how he'd run LEB.

So basically, you can pick and chose what suits you? @Aldryic doesn't even own BuyVM he just works there lmfao, yet your so butt hurt in thinking he is involved with LEB. But @KuJoe who owns his own host, he is perfectly suited to the job.. Why? Because @taipres says so.

<3 it.

• taiprestaipres Member

Chief if you were actively involved then Kujoe and others wouldn't be posting that they haven't been able to get a hold of you. The image debacle on the site lasted awhile and still doesn't appear to be fixed for a number of posts. Something so simple yet unable to be fixed because only you have full access. The website feed is and has been broken for months, many many providers have expressed concerns about their offers not being listed and or they've not getting any responses. These are not the signs of an active owner, sorry but they're not.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@GetKVM-Ash said: @Aldryic doesn't even own BuyVM he just works there lmfao,

And I still don't have my sales post =\

/troll

Francisco

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@GetKVM-Ash said: So basically, you can pick and chose what suits you? @Aldryic doesn't even own BuyVM he just works there lmfao, yet your so butt hurt in thinking he is involved with LEB. But @KuJoe who owns his own host, he is perfectly suited to the job.. Why? Because @taipres says so.

I know Aldryic doesn't own BuyVM, Francisco does, Aldric just hired help, but for not being involved in LEB again their BuyVM deal sure did get on the website fast? Especially when many other providers had been waiting months... And it's not about me picking and choosing, Kujoe IMHO carries himself well, and is already benefiting the community.

• @taipres said: I know Aldryic doesn't own BuyVM, Francisco does, but for not being involved in LEB again their BuyVM deal sure did get on the website fast? Especially when many other providers had been waiting months... And it's not about me picking and choosing, Kujoe IMHO carries himself well, and is already benefiting the community.

Maybe its because people probably have been waiting anxiously for BuyVM stock and forget to look at LET?

This discussion has been closed.