Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why so few UK providers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why so few UK providers?

Comments

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2014

@Nekki said:

Last answer, I think you are moderator and should not use slug language.
    https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130623082313AAEpFw5

Thanked by 1albertdb
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I wish I knew what you're on.

@Nekki said:
    I wish I knew what you're on.

Copy pasting mistake but I think you don't make a mistake in typing slug crap language.

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    I think you are moderator and should not use slug language.

I couldn't agree more.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@albertdb said:
    I couldn't agree more.

Why you no like sweary?

@albertdb said:
    I couldn't agree more.

Many of forum visitors access this site, many of are under 18 so using a abusive language in public forum is really bad.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@DewlanceVPS I never said anything abusive, did I?

@Nekki said:
    DewlanceVPS I never said anything abusive, did I?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/565364/#Comment_565364

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2014

That was a joke, a response to @Pwner :-/

And now you've ruined it.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2014

@DewlanceVPS said:

I think you'll find that under 18's use swear words and abusive words a lot more than happy over 18's so your point is moot. Believe me I'm under 18 so I would know. ;-)

And how can you not <3 Nekki...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Infinity said:
    And how can you not <3 Nekki...

I think he thinks I called him a Muthafucka, and doesn't realise I radiate hardcore love for all human beings.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • PwnerPwner Member

@Nekki @DewlanceVPS

Guys relax, it was all in good humor. Anyone who got butthurt should promptly go and get some vaseline and sit on a toilet for the next week and a half. I'd also recommend they should get a sense of humor.

@Nekki said:

If i misunderstand then I am really sorry and I hope you don't mind this and I APOLOGIZE for misunderstand and I will try to avoid this in future.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@DewlanceVPS said:
    If i misunderstand then I am really sorry and I hope you don't mind this and I APOLOGIZE for misunderstand and I will try to avoid this in future.

Dude, you're the community's loveable crazy, you never have to apologise for anything. Now come here and guide me a hug you big silly!

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • @Nekki said:
    Why you no like sweary?

I have to search many of the words that you use and I find its meaning in http://www.urbandictionary.com so it's reasonable to think that they are not appropiate.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@albertdb said:
    I have to search many of the words that you use and I find its meaning in http://www.urbandictionary.com so it's reasonable to think that they are not appropiate.

Everything I urban dictionary is rude, even words that really aren't. Don't use it as your frame of reference, I'll explain any terms that have caused discombobulation of the noggin.

• Actually we found the opposite, we found that there was not enough uptake to make it interesting the UK. We have very limited space and that space was better served by filling up with E5's and renting them as dedicated servers

• VPNVPN Member
    edited May 2014

@albertdb said:

You had to search urban dictionary for 'mother fucker'?

What are they teaching kids in school these days?

On topic, I think a major issue is the recent changes to piracy laws. All UK internet service providers like Sky, Virgin and so on are now given lists on what they can and can't allow access to. For example, if a Sky broadband customer in the UK types in thepiratebay.se or kickass.to you're greeted with a blocked page.

Virgin media are slowly updating their blocks with the government requirements.

This will make UK VPSs less attractive for people who could easily have genuinely legit material blocked by the scared politicians.

• @Nekki said:
    discombobulation of the noggin

What?

@OkieDoke said:
    You had to search urban dictionary for 'mother fucker'?

Not precisely.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@OkieDoke said:
    This will make UK VPSs less attractive for people who could easily have genuinely legit material blocked by the scared politicians.

For the moment this is only for residential ISP's.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • VPNVPN Member

@Infinity said:
    For the moment this is only for residential ISP's.

Its only a matter of time before central government make it mandatory nationwide.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited May 2014

@OkieDoke said:

That affects residential internet users only (sites being blocked) and they block sites from any country (like ThePirateBay) not just those hosted in the UK

• TrulimeTrulime Member

Aren't a company called bHost from the UK? They offer UK Low End VPS's?

• VPNVPN Member

@hostnoob said:
    That affects residential internet users only (sites being blocked) and they block sites from any country (like ThePirateBay) not just those hosted in the UK

I never said it was just sites hosted in the UK, hence why TPB and KAT were my 2 examples.

It'll only be a matter of time until it becomes a requirement for all service providers, residential and commercial.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

lars said: I've never heard about this, why are there so many DDoS attacks in the UK?

last year, many UK hosts got DDOSed

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

We had a DC tell us last year to stop posting on LET/LEB if we wanted the DDoS to stop. Literally had a week long attack in the UK due to an LEB offer going live with a UK location listed... Seems to be isolated to the budget market.

Some real shitty provider in that market doesn't want competition... though there are some suspects.

• @MannDude said:
    Some real shitty provider in that market doesn't want competition... though there are some suspects.

woooo any insight on the suspects ?
    /me sits on edge of seat

• ricardoricardo Member

The thread could potentially be a lawyers wet dream, curious how a large scale attack could be hidden well enough if it's not a botnet.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Infinity said: For the moment this is only for residential ISP's.

And in Italy that applies for years, betcha never noticed, huh...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

albertdb said: What?

It means 'the words spoken have caused considerable confusion to your brain'