Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting a big dedicated server on friday to sell vps any business advice please - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Getting a big dedicated server on friday to sell vps any business advice please

2»

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2014

A while back I tested keywords "web hosting" for my company to appear at the top above GoDaddy and the links on Google AdWords.

I had to bid $27 per click to displace GD as first in AdWords!

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2014

sz1hosting said: as Rallias said it is all about advertising 1st

Exactly right, and what you're doing right now, by unleashing your stream of consciousness in these threads isn't exactly advertising yourself well. Oner last time, do this stuff in private, you clearly have lots of nice people prepared to help you out and offer advice.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Just don't do what I did. Problem solved.

Thanked by 2sz1hosting Rallias
  • shovenose said: I had to bid $27 per click to displace GD as first in AdWords!

WOW that is a serious amount just for 1 click and not even a guaranteed signup?

• Nekki said: you clearly have lots of nice people prepared to help you out and offer advice.

Thank you yes i am a little to open and i will refrain from doing this in future as i know a few people a little now on here so will inbox in future, including you if you do not mind ^_^ when i have questions like this.

• @viCommunications said:
    SEO is a crucial and well overlooked factor that can potentially make or break a business imho. Word of mouth only goes so far.

It seems worthless to me, unless you already have a decent amount of traffic and want to push yourself ahead. Moving a site from result page 30 to 25 doesn't seem likely to increase market share in a meaningful capacity for a VPS provider.

Provide a good service and build on that -- eventually SEO may be a nice extra to push , but it's hardly going to make or break a new business, in my mind.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@sz1hosting said:
    Thank you yes i am a little to open and i will refrain from doing this in future as i know a few people a little now on here so will inbox in future, including you if you do not mind ^_^ when i have questions like this.

Mate, I know fuck all about running a hosting business so don't ask me owt about that. If you want a consumer's opinion then I'm happy to give you that, but do bear in mind I'm just one opinionated voice out of many.

• Oh ok thanks : )

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

sz1hosting said: i am very very good at seo, i am number 1 worldwide for many sites and search terms page1 of google eg: (free cloud hosting)

FYI - I just googled for "free cloud hosting" and you don't show up on the first page. You're on the second page.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • oh must be your location, i show up 1st in uk and where i am indonesia

• @sz1hosting sorry for not being clear in my last question. what I meant is where do you live?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

raindog308 said: FYI - I just googled for "free cloud hosting" and you don't show up on the first page. You're on the second page.

Shows up on first page for me (I was surprised :).

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

oh i live in Indonesia Java, i am form England Nottingham : ) My business is registered with hmrc UK as Indonesia wont let me register here as i am not a citizen.

• thanks @perennateperennate : ) what is your location?

• @Jack said:
    I guess you moved to Indonesia pre-school/learning english?

lol been in Indonesia since may 2013 been here 4 times since 2009 staying here now hopefully : )