Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How has Murphy punished you lately? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How has Murphy punished you lately?

2»

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Both power supplies on our backup router failed at the same time before I went to go do maintenance on the primary. Had to pull one of the power supplies from our dev server but at least our primary router had both power supplies working.

• AsadAsad Member

@LiquidHost You really must have pissed someone off bad.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@AsadHaider said: @LiquidHost You really must have pissed someone off bad.

Don't mess with Murphy.

• My power went out this morning.

• PADPAD Member

Waiting for servers to be delivered from 4 different companies while your development team sits on their ass doing nothing..probably one of the most frustrating things especially since everyone is in an productive mood.

• KuroKuro Member

2 of my geographically separated VPSs that have had excellent uptime that host my DNS decided to go down at the same time today. Thankfully I had a tertiary DNS server ;)

• Well, it seems like my complaining is nothing compared to @LiquidHost.

The datacenter I'm with told met he wrong specs for the server therefore I sent in the 2.5" hard drives when the server accepted up to 3.5". I could have gotten a better hard drive if it was 3.5"

• Hmm... Let's see.. I had a client purchasing VPS servers with different PayPal accounts, I had to refund them all and suspended the client. I then had a client get pissed off at me just because I sent him a $25 Re-installation Fee for his dedicated server..

• Learning that my Colo provider after a major screwup on their end is not going to refund my fees that I paid yearly. 1900 dollars down the drain I think..

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Murphy really screwed up my week, finally starting to turn around. :)

• Might as well resurrect this thread.

Backup Script I wrote was recording "Backup Success" when the rsync failed due to me accidentally changing 1 letter when I was editing it. Turns out our DB+Site hasn't been backed up for the last 2 weeks. Ouch.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

And you saw that when you needed the back-up ?

• @Maounique said: And you saw that when you needed the back-up ?

That's usually how these things go.. at least for me.

Things/people around me get broken from rage shortly after.

• Got a bag of lays, which hardly had 10chips inside for a $1.50 bag, as soon as I opened, some knuckle head decided to bump and dropped the whole thing.

• @Taz said: some knuckle head decided to bump and dropped the whole thing.

5 second rule!

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited November 2012

@Maounique No, when Hostigation LA went down, I SSHed into my backup server there when it went up again (to check that it was up again), and realised that the backups folder was empty.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited November 2012

Master server in NYC, RAID was corrupted due to the storm.

I eventually gave up waiting on the datacenter, and now have to start from scratch.(create accs, import vms).

RAID is not a substitution for backups.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Jacob said: RAID is not a substitution for backups.

Words worth gold !!!