Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An Example of Professionalism from Crissic - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

An Example of Professionalism from Crissic

13»

Comments

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Those are several tests I did. Two a couple of days ago, four today. The server is n. 1727 (GR Net)

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from Crissic Solutions, LLC (xx.xx.xx.xx)...
    Hosted by GRNET (Athens) [9177.86 km]: 89.327 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 28.99 Mbits/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 9.69 Mbits/s
    Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3482638227.png

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from ColoCrossing (xx.xx.xx.xx)...
    Hosted by GRNET (Athens) [8098.39 km]: 19.312 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 19.58 Mbits/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 13.15 Mbits/s
    Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3482641338.png

• @jvnadr don't get me wrong, I didn't say you made a mistake :)
    There's probably something wrong with SpeedTest.net's latency calculation.

Fact is: USA <-> EU in 20ms is not possible. Light doesn't travel that fast :D
    http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=time+from+Jacksonville,+Florida+to+Athens,+Greece+at+speed+of+light

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

@George_Fusioned Oh, no, I didn't insulted!! After all, I saw the figures and was thinking about the same thing, how is this possible , there must be a mistake in the script or service. I posted the speeds not for ping put for download and upload speed that were pretty good. And I was asking the other guys what could be wrong in the speedtest.net script. After all, it is a simple ping, how could this calculated so wrong? It is just odd...

BTW, if I remember well, you are from Rhodes? I'm from the other part of GR, Corfu!

• @jvnadr said:
    BTW, if I remember well, you are from Rhodes? I'm from the other part of GR, Corfu!

Ela re patrida! :) Yes, I'm from Rhodes.

• ricardoricardo Member

Must be those new quantum entanglement connections they're testing... bit slow for a 5000 mile journey though, should be <1ms.

Thanked by 1vedran
  • The simple explanation is that the so called 'Greek' server this is being tested against is not in Greece at all.

Get a traceroute to the server IP (a tcpdump while the test runs will tell you), and it's probably gonna terminate in the next state or something for 20ms.

• Then it's probably buggy calculation on speedtest's part, report it to them.