Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need cheapest VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need cheapest VPS

2»

Comments

• @chathura said:
    Is anyone have Torrents enable vps ?

Ramnode allow it I think @Nick_A am I right?

• @K2Bytes Ramnode KVM vps are out of stock

• ATHKATHK Member

GVH Green Value Host apparently allow torrents.

• So, why are we advocating illegal now? Why can't we just ban every kid who is on here for the explicit purpose of extending their botnet / seedboxnet / DNLAnet ?

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@ATHK said:
    GVH Green Value Host apparently allow torrents.

http://gvhtalk.com/discussion/3/gvh-march-specs-nytxcail-overstock-sale-250gb-disk70tb-bw4gb-ram-30c-ips-starting-8yr

@GoodHosting said:
    So, why are we advocating illegal now? Why can't we just ban every kid who is on here for the explicit purpose of extending their botnet / seedboxnet / DNLAnet ?

Oh we are?

• Torrents should not be allowed to be hosted. Action needs to be taken here

• @wych How i buy that plans in Green host ?

• ATHKATHK Member

@SammiRose said:
    Torrents should not be allowed to be hosted. Action needs to be taken here

Yea because the protocol is so illegal and not one of the best protocols to share data between multiple machines and clients.. Yep makes total sense.

Might as well try and sue Facebook since they used to and still might use the protocol to transfer data between all of their servers to push updates which is so illegal right?

Please just stop.

• wychwych Member

@chathura said:
    @wych How i buy that plans in Green host ?

You order as you usually would with a host?

• ATHKATHK Member

@GoodHosting said:
    So, why are we advocating illegal now?

Who said anything about illegal activity? Want to assume some more? Or should I just call you Chris from CVPS? See what I did there?

Thanked by 20xdragon raindog308
  • @wych This link isn't work correctly

LET-Exclusive March Special-3 - Bandwidth lovers galore!
    10GB RAID-10 SSD Accelerated Disk Space
    25TB Bandwidth, 1Gbps Port
    1 IPv4 Address
    768MB Guaranteed RAM
    32 IPv6 Addresses (Inquire for location availability)
    Price: $8.00/year
    Order Link: https://secure.greenvaluehost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=219

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited May 2014

@ATHK said:
    Who said anything about illegal activity?

@chathura said:
    Thanks for Advice. Then some body tell me what company offer to run in illegal torrents on vps ?

• SammiRoseSammiRose Member
    edited May 2014

@ATHK said:

Continue with your work....no hard feelings.. Things should be legal all the way whatever is hosted on server

• wychwych Member

@chathura said:
    @wych This link isn't work correctly

I would guess that offer is now closed.

If you can wait a day or so im sure new offers will be posted shortly.

• Why do you need windows or even a vps? To torrent I'd recommend a provider like seed.st, what box.ca etc.

• @AThomasHowe Thanks. I want vps for torrent is not for seeding. Downloading torrent and upload to cloud storage

• lelewkulelewku Member

download torrent and upload to storage hosting..it is easily done in linux. ton of tools can do that.

• @ATHK said:
    Who said anything about illegal activity? Want to assume some more? Or should I just call you Chris from CVPS? See what I did there?

chathura said: Thanks for Advice. Then some body tell me what company offer to run in illegal torrents on vps ?

• @K2Bytes said:
    Ramnode allow it I think Nick_A am I right?

RamNode does allow torrents, however they strictly cannot be illegal or abusive on the node or network.

• @wych said:
    If you can wait a day or so im sure new offers will be posted shortly.

GVH are not allowed to post offers until June I think

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

SammiRose said: Torrents should not be allowed to be hosted. Action needs to be taken here

WTF?

• @GoodHosting said:
    So, why are we advocating illegal now? Why can't we just ban every kid who is on here for the explicit purpose of extending their botnet / seedboxnet / DNLAnet ?

Might as well just go ahead and ban anybody who will actually use their VPS. If one host doesn't allow it, find another that does. If it doesn't cause problems on the node, and the host never gets complaints why should they turn down income from those who will keep on using torrents anyway?

I think the smart hosts are those who turn a blind eye until (if at all) it causes problems for them, and then deal with it.

• Around these parts it's the SammiRose way or the high way you silly fool.

• hukot.net/en/ Is Good ?

• @raindog308 said:

Things needs to be cleared. Normally guys use to do illegal activities in usage of the VPS Hosting. There lots of competition around web hosting companies so from one or other, there will be web hosting plan available for this kind of activities.

• You want to torrent with a cheap windows server? http://www.kimsufi.com/ie/

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @aldothetroll Is kimsufi torrent enable ?

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@chathura said:
    @aldothetroll Is kimsufi torrent enable ?

No provider worth their 2c is going to openly allow illegal torrents for you.

But...

A large number of seedboxes are found in OVH's network.

A large number of providers do allow legal torrents.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • The bittorrent protocol is a completely legitimate protocol. We have no problem with it as long as its not abusive or illegal.

I personally use a SecuredSpeed VPS + Transmission + FTP. It makes a nice way to remotely use BT.