Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB offer posting... ages? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB offer posting... ages?

2»

Comments

• @Mun said:
    It might be also suggestible for the rest of the community to shy away from VPS providers whom use CC as you are directly funding a corporation that allows spam to a high degree. By not getting those VPSs you will cause a greater and greater risk portfolio for CC and will most likely cause them to either change their ways or go belly up.

In that case, you may also not want to buy from anyone with Query Foundry (drServer, Cloud Shards, Fliphost, LiquidHost, GetDedi, and more) or Quadranet (almost everybody in LA): http://www.senderbase.org/static/spam/#tab=3

Just saying... My 2 cents.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • MunMun Member

@mpkossen said:
    Just saying... My 2 cents.

That's actually a big jump for them, they usually are down lower, but if you note the domain field CC is by far the worst provider when it comes to email spam.

• @Mun said:
    That's actually a big jump for them, they usually are down lower, but if you note the domain field CC is by far the worst provider when it comes to email spam.

And the one going down in spam percentage.

Interestingly enough, only two domains get Query Foundry up there and they have been up there for at least two weeks. I don't know which is worse... ColoCrossing, who are considerably bigger, with a load of domains, or Query Foundry, with just two domains.

Anyway, my point being: don't blame providers too much for their idiot clients. There's only so much you can do against spammers, even more so if you prices are competitive enough.

By the way: I don't know how these statistics are gathered, but I'm not trusting them 100%.

• MunMun Member

@mpkossen said:
    By the way: I don't know how these statistics are gathered, but I'm not trusting them 100%.

They change daily and CC is usually in the top 5 everyday thus the screen shot.

The simple fact that you have 329 domains makes to the point that you really do nothing about spammers and never take the time to clean them up.

Most spammers go 1000% because they know they only have a short amount of time before they are caught.

That being said, stop defending that ass hats at CC whom I do not get mail from because they have such a bad REP on there IP structure.

The simple fact that your parent organization takes spam so un-seriously is appalling. Then again you will keep bashing other providers because of what we talked about privately.

At the end of the day their is something called doing something because you want to be better then other instead of comparing that you aren't as bad as "we" think.

@jbiloh what do you have to say about all this?

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited May 2014

Mun said: They change daily and CC is usually in the top 5 everyday thus the screen shot.

True, they change daily. But is hasn't changed much the past two weeks. But you're missing my point entirely.

I respect that fact that you're frustrated about some e-mails from a server hosted with ColoCrossing ending up in your spam folder, though that can just as well happen with any other provider. Gmail just put a mail from Google Apps in the spam folder this morning. I mean... WTF?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Perhaps clean the lowendtalk ip so I can enjoy email notifications again?

• MunMun Member

@mpkossen said:
    I respect that fact that you're frustrated about some e-mails from a server hosted with ColoCrossing ending up in your spam folder, though that can just as well happen with any other provider. Gmail just put a mail from Google Apps in the spam folder this morning. I mean... WTF?

And your missing my point completely. I get nothing from LET anymore because the CC ip space is so ridden with spam. Just for a day move to mandrillapps for this board and just see how many people make a thread on the fact they got an email. I mean it is ridiculous that this size of board effectively has a 90%+ email to spam rate.

It makes zero sense.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • @Mun said:

You should check your mail server, because both my Gmail and personal mail account receive everything sent from these servers :-)

I honestly don't understand the fuss. I seem to have no problems and I only receive notifications of issues occasionally. If 90% of our users would have problems, like you claim, we would have noticed.

If you want to help out and send me some of the reports on why emails from this site are marked as spam, please do. If there's any issues, I'll ask Alex to look at them.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

We'll look at the mail delivery issue more closely this week.

One thing that has to be considered about those stats about email -- is that the ColoCrossing network has hundreds of thousands of containers on it today. So if there a few bad apples each month in a raw number form that can mean hundreds, not 1-2 like there would be on a tiny network.

For example Spamhaus listed a /15 of ours this week, which we are working to get removed. Their comment on the listing was that since October 2013 there had been 100 listings on the entire /15. So that's 9 full months, and that /15 has tens of thousands of containers on it. Do the math, that's basically 11 listings per month on 128,000 ips, which represents a tiny percentage (0.0001%). A lot of Spamhaus' policies haven't evolved to the new internet age yet. It probably also doesn't help that they get paid by the TLDs based on how many IPs they list per quarter.

• BHostBHost Member

Thanks everyone for your patience. Our offer is now posted, and can be viewed at:

http://lowendbox.com/blog/bhost-3-40month-256mb-openvz-and-4-25month-256mb-xen-in-the-uk-and-the-netherlands/

Thanks to @mpkossen for help in getting this live!