Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB offer posting... ages?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB offer posting... ages?

We've got some concerns about our offer posting on LowEndBox. We submitted an offer on 17th Feb, but it hasn't been listed yet. We are obviously keen to have our offer available to LEB readers, especially as we made it a LEB spring offer and we're soon approaching summertime!

My main concern was in that time ChicagoVPS has had two offers posted... so I just wonder is there a chance our offer was lost? I've looked on the helpdesk, and it still seems pending... of course, I am somewhat scared to even post this as http://lowendbox.com/about/ basically says... if you pester, you will just be ignored.

Does anyone know what the current wait time is for a listing?

Thanks

Comments

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited April 2014

@BHost said:

>

Does anyone know what the current wait time is for a listing?

Thanks

You're not a CC shell company? Okay, so around 3 years before your offer is posted :)

• I think you should contact @mpkossen directly about this

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • The situation is as follows: there is a huge backlog of tickets that are overdue. Prior to three/four weeks ago, tickets were only "fished" out of the big list of tickets. I have streamlined the helpdesk flow to accommodate our needs. Since that time, I have responded to every ticket and every reply that was made since that time. Once a day (except for weekends and holidays, like this week), I go through the e-mails and respond to them.

So, we currently have the situation that there's a big bunch of unsorted tickets. It takes a lot of time to go through these. Many offers have expired and most people don't respond to tickets once I respond to them. On top of that, it's just me responding to tickets. In other words: it can take some time before I have processed these.

Right now, I am going to see if I can close all those tickets and send a canned response that they may be re-opened if they are still valid. That way, I may get some order in the big list.

As a final note I'd like to add that you could have simply asked for your ticket status via the ticket system (like most people do) or have sent me a PM. What made you think this was a better option?

Thanked by 2IntroNet Virtovo
  • I cannot seem to close all tickets and send a canned response, so I will have to go through the list manually. This will take time, so I urge anybody in need of an update to simple reply to the ticket in order to get a response.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited April 2014

@mpkossen said:

I know even with our last offer emails from the help desk still seem to not get out at all/rarely. Any luck in fixing the email system for helpdesk? May make your life easier, and people will likely respond if they see the email. :D

• Why couldnt you just have posted your offer to LET? Some of us use LET more than LEB. And none of those restrictions apply here. Just the $7 rule and those regarding eligibility, if I recall correctly.

• @SkylarM said:
    I know even with our last offer emails from the help desk still seem to not get out at all/rarely. Any luck in fixing the email system for helpdesk? May make your life easier, and people will likely respond if they see the email. :D

Indeed I almost missed a message from Marteen as I did not receive an email from the system.

• @Virtovo said:
    Indeed I almost missed a message from Marteen as I did not receive an email from the system.

You did not?

I'll have to ask Alex to look at the mail server/settings. I personally don't have access to that.

In this case, it wouldn't have made much of a difference because the OP didn't even send a request for an update.

• @mpkossen said:
    In this case, it wouldn't have made much of a difference because the OP didn't even send a request for an update.

Sure, just thought I'd flag it as it's not necessarily something you'd know about. I did mention it in my latest ticket replies; however I'll PM you on those. Do you receive admin messages via email?

As for closing tickets, can you not run an SQL query on the database to close them?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2014

Even LET has email problems, notifications of posts to bookmarked threads or if some send you a PM is only received by my gmail account in like 1-3 % of the times I suspect an email should have been sent.

It's not even in gmail spamfolder so it is either a problem actually sending the email or gmail classifies it so high on the spam probability list that it's not even sent to the spam folder.

Edit:
    I subscribe to the helpdesk emails and do get them every now and then, no idea if ot is one dor each ticket opened/replied to or not.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I'll point this out to Alex now.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • wychwych Member

Yeah most mails I should get off LET dont go in my Outlook.com inboxes, have had this issue a few times.

• srvrprosrvrpro Member
    edited April 2014

Tried to post an offer here like more than an year ago, back when I was in the low end hosting market. The offer never got posted.

From the trend what I've noticed on LEB, you only get posted if you're with CC or popular here. Not totally fair but thats how it is.

@srvrpro said:

>

From the trend what I've noticed on LEB, you only get posted if you're with CC or popular here. Not totally fair but thats how it is.

In parts true, if you are known here there is less "investigation" needed. With the amount of open tickets with offers I feel that it in many cases taking a "known" provider will be less work and "better" for the community.

There has also been alot of tickets on "post my offer on LEB that I posted on WHT and LET today". No specs, packages, prices, only a link to the let thread.
    That kind of tickets has always been ignored. Then there are the tickets from providers who can't read instructions on what to put in the ticket.

The historical problem is that many of those tickets never were closed, clogging the ticket area and making it hard to filter to interesting offers.

Last week(if I remember correct) Maarten came with a suggestion on how to change the flow of the tickets.
    This is now in the "testing" phase and I hope that it will bring a better interaction between providers and LEB.

I could try to doodle some flowchart and let @mpkossen proofread it. If it is of value to the providers/readers it can then be published.

• @MikHo Probably a lengthy form with all details should invite only genuine offers. Also it could reduce spam to an extent.

• MunMun Member

@MikHo said:
    Even LET has email problems, notifications of posts to bookmarked threads or if some send you a PM is only received by my gmail account in like 1-3 % of the times I suspect an email should have been sent.

It's not even in gmail spamfolder so it is either a problem actually sending the email or gmail classifies it so high on the spam probability list that it's not even sent to the spam folder.

Edit:
    I subscribe to the helpdesk emails and do get them every now and then, no idea if ot is one dor each ticket opened/replied to or not.

Considering @jbiloh doesn't want to remove spammers from his network and CC is currently classified as the 3rd largest network for mail spam in the world this would be a great estimate.

It might be also suggestible for the rest of the community to shy away from VPS providers whom use CC as you are directly funding a corporation that allows spam to a high degree. By not getting those VPSs you will cause a greater and greater risk portfolio for CC and will most likely cause them to either change their ways or go belly up.

My two cents.

• Just a suggestion: you may want to consider a posting fee of maybe ~$25 to compensate for your time. I'm sure it takes forever to sort through the tickets and even write up a post.

@kazila said:
    Just a suggestion: you may want to consider a posting fee of maybe ~$25 to compensate for your time. I'm sure it takes forever to sort through the tickets and even write up a post.

The ads on the pages pay for all costs to run the website.
    If I'm wrong, please correct my statement.

• BHostBHost Member
    edited April 2014

@mpkossen said:
    As a final note I'd like to add that you could have simply asked for your ticket status via the ticket system (like most people do) or have sent me a PM. What made you think this was a better option?

The main reason is because http://lowendbox.com/about/ clearly says something on the lines of "if you pester, you will be punished!" - so that's why.

I'll send you a PM now, and I had updated the ticket once but I thought maybe sending more updates would put me to the back of the backlog.

• @BHost So what's your promo code?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Leb posts will always be free... That's part of what makes this site unique. The banner ads cover all costs to operate the site.

Thanked by 1mpkossen

@Liam said:
    This is more for the individuals who will send in an email every 6 hours asking when is their offer going to be up etc etc.

Or asks about it on irc and skype every 6 hours

Thanked by 3Infinity RLT mpkossen
  • BHostBHost Member

Just to update everyone, I have sent a direct message to @mpkossen and hopefully our offer will be listed soon!

• IshaqIshaq Member

BHost is amazing :)

18:53:25 up 292 days, 1:47

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BHost said:
    Just to update everyone, I have sent a direct message to mpkossen and hopefully our offer will be listed soon!

Yay?

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@BHost said:
    Just to update everyone, I have sent a direct message to mpkossen and hopefully our offer will be listed soon!

... what about the rest of the offers?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Just post it on LET? If you have a lowend 128MB yearly special count me in :)

• allows spam to a high degree

OT... There are various definitions of spam, usually the one used is the one preferred to achieve a desired outcome. In SEO circles it was joked to stand for 'sites positioned above mine', i.e. everything else is spam apart from what you want people to hear. The whole IP reputation/spam setup isn't exactly flawless. If you feel a company is operating outwith the law or the can-spam act you're free to pursue the legal route... if you feel like doing the honourable thing.

• The only time I remember to check LEB is when the Top Providers Poll is posted. Other than that I stick to LET. Don't forget to post an offer here!

• BHostBHost Member

@badpatrick said:
    Don't forget to post an offer here!

I've had confirmation from @mpkossen the offer will be posted on LEB on 25th May, so I will hold out until then! We're also making some changes to our website and packages in the meantime, so everything will be ready for the 25th.