Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Terminated my Account. Does this seem reasonable to anyone? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Terminated my Account. Does this seem reasonable to anyone?

Comments

• The chargeback would depend on how much of the $70 was a usage credit or actually paid for by the client. I am presuming a portion of the $70 was due to their doubling promotion and of course, that will not be refunded- even though it appears that the client has $70 credit - its a credit redeemable in services based on TOS not redeemable in cash (just like service credits at any other provider).

• @Just_A_Noob said:
    The chargeback would depend on how much of the $70 was a usage credit or actually paid for by the client. I am presuming a portion of the $70 was due to their doubling promotion and of course, that will not be refunded- even though it appears that the client has $70 credit - its a credit redeemable in services based on TOS not redeemable in cash (just like service credits at any other provider).

im not sure why you keep trying to hammer this point through;
    we get it, virtual credit cant be refunded; nobody ever thought it would be, nor asked.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited April 2014

So after 3 pages we've learned that you'll get terminated for abuse.

Don't mess with the Vultr.

Thanked by 3jar 0xdragon marrco
  • @sleddog you got it wrong. I think its more like

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • princeshoko said: I think its more like

Uuumm, OK. That's awesome if you like men in green tights.

Thanked by 2Lee mpkossen
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@sleddog said:
    Uuumm, OK. That's awesome if you like men in green tights.

Or classic Spider-Man comics.

Thanked by 1princeshoko
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Jack said: tl'dr please

If you get a couple of DCMA's, Vultr will shut you down and take your outstanding credit.

Also, it doesn't pay to be economical with the truth when trying to get the forum on your side.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • LeeLee Veteran

Just putting this out there, you will know if it's for you.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • W1V_Lee said: Just putting this out there, you will know if it's for you.

Do British people automatically find videos with British accents or is that just a coincidence :P

Thanked by 3Pwner princeshoko tux
  • LeeLee Veteran

I think it generally means brits have nothing better to do with their time than create videos. Make of that what you will :-)

• IshaqIshaq Member

YEH I AGREE LOL!!!1!

Thanked by 20xdragon alexvolk
  • DaveADaveA Member

I'm sorry to see your account was terminated for abuse. You have to realize what we see from our side:

1) Abuse notices regarding your IP's of copyright infringement on a relatively new account.
    2) Torrents open on your VPS
    3) More than one Abuse notice.

Our support staff is trained on how to handle these issues and what suspicious activity to look for. Based on the circumstances described we have gone ahead and re-enabled your account. Or you are free to request a refund.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • @DaveA said:

2) Torrents open on your VPS

1 and 3 make sense, but can you elaborate on this one?

• DaveADaveA Member

@texteditor - he was put on notice a month prior for running open torrents. When additional notices came in, the combination of torrent+multiple abuse rendered his account suspended. Hardly unreasonable when all facts are considered.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • So you are/were referring to him having additional public tracker torrents announcing, something you were listening for on his container?

• DaveADaveA Member

We don't listen for anything. The abuse notices triggered the suspension per our repeat infringer policy.

Cheers

Thanked by 2Lee tux
  • @DaveA said:
    We don't listen for anything. The abuse notices triggered the suspension per our repeat infringer policy.

Cheers

cool, but dont you think he could have had some fair warning before pulling the plug on his vps(s), or at least a copy of the notice for his records. ?

• @DaveA said:

Cheers

Gotcha, sounds like what we used to run at a university

• DaveADaveA Member

@darkshire - The account holder did have fair warning. You have to understand we have internal policies that guide our employees on how to react to situations. This has been escalated to me here, and we're giving him another chance. Or, we'll gladly issue a refund. No one is trying to do anyone wrong here.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @DaveA said:
    darkshire - The account holder did have fair warning. You have to understand we have internal policies that guide our employees on how to react to situations. This has been escalated to me here, and we're giving him another chance. Or, we'll gladly issue a refund. No one is trying to do anyone wrong here.

ok fair enough Dave,
    ill consider this issue closed.

• HeinzHeinz Member

@darkshire said:
    ill consider this issue closed.

Who are you and how you're related to this issue?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@darkshire Very good of you considering it's nothing to do with you.

• @darkshire 2nd.

@Heinz he's the grand master of all things tech. Bow before Darkshire.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2014

@princeshoko said:
    darkshire 2nd.

Heinz he's the grand master of all things tech. Bow before Darkshire.

Ah, a techy type, that would explain why common sense is missing. Someone do a TLDR; using line numbers and an if..else then he might get it.

• AThomasHowe said: The server is in EU but Vultr is in the US, so even on their EU servers they have to comply with US law.

Alternatively, the EU has copyright laws as well.

Thanked by 1tux
  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited April 2014

@W1V_Lee said:
    Ah, a techy type, that would explain why common sense is missing. Someone do a TLDR; using line numbers and an if..else then he might get it.

10 PRINT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU

20 GOTO 10

Thanked by 4Lee perennate RLT netomx
  • @0xdragon said:
    20 GOTO 10

lol

• OpZeOpZe Member

@DaveA said:
    darkshire - The account holder did have fair warning. You have to understand we have internal policies that guide our employees on how to react to situations. This has been escalated to me here, and we're giving him another chance. Or, we'll gladly issue a refund. No one is trying to do anyone wrong here.

Thanks for sorting that out, I've yet to have any response to my ticket, but that's not a big deal. Lucky i checked this thread I guess, I'm now able to log back into my account, and appear to have my remaining credit ($40 after all my invoices were subtracted it seems) Although all of my servers are gone, but that was to be expected.

Cheers everyone else for the good and bad replies, This thread was a bit of a waste of time, because I overlooked some initial details which made it all make sense, and it was indeed reasonable as per my thread title :P

• glad its all fixed now; thanks OpZe :)

• DaveA said: Our support staff is trained

are*