Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Servers - Atlanta, NY, LA, Dallas and Minneapolis - Servers start at $5/month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Servers - Atlanta, NY, LA, Dallas and Minneapolis - Servers start at $5/month

2»

Comments

• @dhorrocks - I don't think there would be a delay, I know that customers were receiving servers on Friday and they will again tomorrow (Monday)

• Still no activation for me, no response from billing. Obviously, there is a problem with my order but I am not a scammer and my ip would of geo-located to my account info. I did pay with a credit card but maybe that is the problem and I should of used paypal.

• dhorrocksdhorrocks Member
    edited April 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    dhorrocks - I don't think there would be a delay, I know that customers were receiving servers on Friday and they will again tomorrow (Monday)

Thanks for that, sounds good to me. I'm all ordered now, I'll hope for a quick setup time! :-P

• I've signed up on the 17th but my status still shows "Pending"; I have a ticket open with billing but it hasn't been updated by them since Friday Morning.

• Don't get the whole pending thing with no response from anyone, no status - no anything. I am a real, live, non-scamming customer who at least deserves an answer, yes or no.

• @sidewinder - you need to contact Delimiter's billing and ask them this directly. Remember Friday/Monday were holidays in the UK (where Delimiter's administration runs from)

• elixirelixir Member
    edited April 2014

Signed up on the 17th and got my server yesterday, transfer speeds to Asia are painfully slow, but otherwise looks acceptable.

$ wget http://freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    && dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; rm test

CPU model : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU 230 @ 1.60GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency : 1597.151 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1970 MB
    Total amount of swap : 89 MB
    System uptime : 3 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 54.0MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 22.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 20.7MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 2.55MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 1.79MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 7.51MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.89MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 7.88MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 6.83MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 27.0MB/s
    I/O speed : 68.6 MB/s
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 15.915 s, 67.5 MB/s

• Hi any cost fee for reinstall OS in atom dedicated server ? ( annualy 60$ )

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited April 2014

@blackeye - No, its free

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited May 2014

I wish the Atom dedi came with a proper hard drive and not iSCSI :(

I assume it's set up like this for costs and/or because you get the ability to manage/rebuild it remotely?