Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSDime - Free Offloaded MySQL Service in Dallas - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSDime - Free Offloaded MySQL Service in Dallas

Comments

• GunterGunter Member
    edited April 2014

Can this service be used for servers outside of the Nodisto (specifically VPSDime) network like Frantech?

E.g, I want to use the Offloaded SQL service on a Crissic VPS?

• nunimnunim Member

Got the email earlier, nice add-on for free!

• webflierwebflier Member
    edited April 2014

@serverian Do you plan to setup another server in your NJ location?

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@darknyan said:
    Can this service be used for servers outside of the Nodisto (specifically VPSDime) network like Frantech?

E.g, I want to use the Offloaded SQL service on a Crissic VPS?

@Zen said:
    Connection to the server is only allowed from your VPSDime VPS's IP.

• @Zen said:
    Connection to the server is only allowed from your VPSDime VPS's IP.

Thanks for getting back to me on that. I was excited and now my heart is broken. :(

Oh well, nifty service!

• gracagraca Member

any plan for offloaded Mysql service in LA?

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • wych said: @Zen said: Connection to the server is only allowed from your VPSDime VPS's IP.

That was a little heartbreaker but I can go with that. I just wish this restriction was not there.

Got the service provisioned. Quite impressed by the performance. Really liked it.

• @webflier said:
    serverian Do you plan to setup another server in your NJ location?

@graca said:
    any plan for offloaded Mysql service in LA?

We are going to deploy the db servers in these 2 locations in the following 2-3 months.

We are working on rolling internal IPs (No traffic counting) for Dallas at the moment. It will be available soon.

We are currently taking daily backups of all nodes to external offsite (in another datacenters) servers. We are working on a module for you to browse the backups and restore/download files from. This will be included free as well.

Thanked by 2Noerman lukesUbuntu
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

To be honest, $8 a year with offloaded SQL is an insanely good deal. I still don't like your marketing tactics, but hats off to you @serverian for putting together what appears to be an excellent added-value proposition.

• @Nekki said:
    To be honest, $8 a year with offloaded SQL is an insanely good deal. I still don't like your marketing tactics, but hats off to you serverian for putting together what appears to be an excellent added-value proposition.

Do I have marketing tactics? That's news.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @serverian said:

I believe that he refers to your 6gb ram thingy

• @serverian said:

I believe whatever generate sales are marketing tactics. :)

Hopefully you start providing public database server services soon. That would be lots of sales.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@wcypierre said:
    I believe that he refers to your 6gb ram thingy

No, we had a heated discussion about DD tests and their role in marketing.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:

The 1.4GB/s?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@wych said:
    The 1.4GB/s?

No it was more around providers complaining that they get slaughtered over low DD results when it usually makes no impact to usability, to which I suggested that it shouldn't be used in marketing, and it went from there. I can't find the thread right now to refer to to the discussion.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    No it was more around providers complaining that they get slaughtered over low DD results when it usually makes no impact to usability, to which I suggested that it shouldn't be used in marketing, and it went from there. I can't find the thread right now to refer to to the discussion.

Fair point if I am honest, I vaguely remember a thread similar to that.

• lukesUbuntulukesUbuntu Member
    edited April 2014

very fast service, and damm i love mariadb and the queries at vpsdime is frekn fast nice setup.

edit : support was fast, exactly 1min was my ticket response time, freaked me out like they were watching me type my support ticket.

Thanked by 2serverian gattytto
  • CrabCrab Member

The service has been great so far and the support awesome. I just wish they provided more space ;)

Thanked by 1serverian
  • serverianserverian Member
    edited April 2014

VPSDime now ships new Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty!

root@testnewubuntu:~# lsb_release -a
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description:    Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
    Release:    14.04
    Codename:   trusty
    root@testnewubuntu:~# free -m
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:          1024         15       1008          2          0         10
    -/+ buffers/cache:          5       1018
    Swap:         1024          0       1024

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • can you give me a link to the $8 a year offer?

• Damn, I keep wanting to purchase a VPSDime because @serverian is awesome, but 6GB is crazy when I might use 100 MB :)

• @sleddog said:
    Damn, I keep wanting to purchase a VPSDime because serverian is awesome, but 6GB is crazy when I might use 100 MB :)

We have 128MB/512MB/1GB/2GB yearly plans as well. :)

• darknyan said: Thanks for getting back to me on that. I was excited and now my heart is broken. :(

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysql-proxy.html

• correct me if i am wrong but this is a free service? and its 20gb per vpsdime instance you have? what if i have 3?

• @wojons said:
    correct me if i am wrong but this is a free service? and its 20gb per vpsdime instance you have? what if i have 3?

It's free. You can get one per instance.

• @serverian said:
    It's free. You can get one per instance.

would i be able to merge them

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • How to Get this service...submit ticket ?

• blackblack Member
    edited April 2014

@ZeroCool said:
    How to Get this service...submit ticket ?

You "purchase" it via addons. Click on view details of your VM, addons tab, "Click to view available addons" on the left. You should be able to "buy" it there.

-Free VPSDime Support

• @black said:

• Free VPSDime support.

must buy ?
    Free Offloaded MySQL Service in Dallas..why must buy it again if this free ?