Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help us test drive our new XEN PV Linux VPS's - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help us test drive our new XEN PV Linux VPS's

Comments

• KMyersKMyers Member

@Daniel said: Don't be harsh.

Come on guys, thats not nearly the harshest thing ever said on here :). It was deserved though

@FTN_Kevin said: I'm currently adding a bunch of different templates from Stacklet. Ubuntu will appear shortly.

Thanks. I will do a full review in a bit

• laaevlaaev Member

For those who have a test, please note our standard terms of service and acceptable use policy applies. No warez, torrents, etc.. http://www.urpad.net/terms-of-service.shtml

However, Minecraft is allowed on XEN PV.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@Hostbluff listen, others here may find your "look at me, look at me, i'm a mock host who scams people" act to be funny, but I don't. To be honest I find it childish and think the fact you wasted your time building a whole site and theme around it is a big waste of time and is completely pointless. IMHO you should consider a new hobby. The jokes you made about homeless people also weren't funny, at all. I imagine you'll probably say and do anything to try and get "lulz" out of strangers online, and that's unfortunate. You may be a smart guy in real life, and if you are I hope you use that to pursue quality things in the future.

And i'm not taking urpad to court, I don't care about urpad, if they became a billion dollar company overnight i'd be happy for them. They just won't be getting my business and i won't be promoting them like I do other companies who I know don't discriminate.

• KMyersKMyers Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: @Hostbluff listen, others here may find your "look at me, look at me, i'm a mock host who scams people" act to be funny, but I don't. To be honest I find it childish and think the fact you wasted your time building a whole site and theme around it is a big waste of time and is completely pointless. IMHO you should consider a new hobby. The jokes you made about homeless people also weren't funny, at all. I imagine you'll probably say and do anything to try and get "lulz" out of strangers online, and that's unfortunate. You may be a smart guy in real life, and if you are I hope you use that to pursue quality things in the future.

I actually dont find it a waste of time. I spend 23 1/2 hours a day being serious and need to unwind. Also seeing as there are 1,500-3,000 daily visits to the site, I tend to think the population disagrees with your "not funny" remark

• laaevlaaev Member

Debian & Ubuntu templates have been added

• Ill test when I get home :)

• laaevlaaev Member

I got the approval from @FTNChris to giveaway 5 more test VPS's to different individuals/members in order for us to get a better image & idea of a XEN PV environment used in production.

Once again, for participating in this test you will receive the XEN PV Linux VPS for one month (30 days) and an optional $5 URPad account credit which may be used towards any future orders/invoices with us. We expect weekly (or more frequent) reports about the performance and any feedback you may have.

So who else wants in?

• @FTN_Kevin: Me. Please. Thanks. :)

• laaevlaaev Member

@quirkyquark said: Me. Please. Thanks. :)

PM sent, still need 4 more people

• TaylorTaylor Member

Me please, thank you very much.

• laaevlaaev Member

@Taylor said: Me please, thank you very much.

Hi Taylor, I've sent you a PM.

We still need 3 more people.

• flyfly Member

Send one my way please I'm also looking for a good NYC vps

• laaevlaaev Member

@kbar said: Send one my way please I'm also looking for a good NYC vps

Great! This is indeed in NYC.

PM sent.

Still need 2 more people

• I'll take one.

• laaevlaaev Member

@TheHackBox said: I'll take one.

Hi, PM sent. Who wants the last one?

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

Go on ,I'll give it a wack @FTN_Kevin :)

• laaevlaaev Member

@ElliotJ said: Go on ,I'll give it a wack @FTN_Kevin :)

Alright, you get the last one :)

I'll be sending you a PM soon. Thanks!

• gsxgsx Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres I know I'm a little late here. Discrimination usually involves employment, but even when taken to court can be a very difficult aspect to prove. The difficulty is in proving that discrimination occurred. In most cases, the court wants to see an example where another person, in the same exact situation received the employment, service, etc. A business has the right to refuse service as long as it does not violate a anti-trust law or is not a clear violation of discrimination.

For example if a customer is constantly late in paying their invoices or violates the terms of service or verbally abuses the company's employees, the company has the right to refuse service to any and all future sales.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres re-read my post in the BuyVM thread, I think you really do need help... sigh

I firmly believe you are a Narcissist and in need of help. It really is not all about you. When you accept this people will respect you more.

I bet your just like Stuart from MadTV.

• NateN34NateN34 Member

@taipres said: @Hostbluff listen, others here may find your "look at me, look at me, i'm a mock host who scams people" act to be funny, but I don't. To be honest I find it childish and think the fact you wasted your time building a whole site and theme around it is a big waste of time and is completely pointless. IMHO you should consider a new hobby. The jokes you made about homeless people also weren't funny, at all. I imagine you'll probably say and do anything to try and get "lulz" out of strangers online, and that's unfortunate. You may be a smart guy in real life, and if you are I hope you use that to pursue quality things in the future.

WOW!

Well, honestly the same can be said for your website.. Some people may find your website useful, but others find it useless and a ripoff of LE*.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@NateN34 said: Well, honestly the same can be said for your website.. Some people may find your website useful, but others find it useless and a ripoff of LE*.

LEB barely has any info in its posts, my sites has tons of info
    LEB posts are inconsistent in the way it posts the lil info it does mines always consistant
    My site shows providers dynamic age in posts, LEB does not
    My site has an awesome feature search, LEB does not
    My site has a comparison table, LEB does not
    My site has categories menu listing tons of stuff, LEB does not
    My site has multi tag support, LEB does not
    MY site has CVD Hardware Challenge, LEB does not
    MY site has tooltips on most things, LEB does not

list goes on, so how did I rep LEB again? exactly, you fail and you know it. You have no argument, you're just dillusional just like others on here and it's so sad it's not even funny anymore. And you deserve LEB, every single person like you. It doesn't take a rocket science to see which site is better and no I don't care if you like me or not, doesn't change ANYTHING. And had the old LEA gave me reigns of LEB it'd be a million times better, that's not an opinion it's a fact. But we're past that I have no interest in LEB, I just find it amusing lemmings keep lining up flocking to it. I see it an experiment that i'm learning from, how to make the most of crap offerings. So far i've learned

Step 1)inherit site, take a vacation for months while everyone raves how said site that's stuck in the 90's and has 0 innovation is somehow the best site EVER.

And my guess for step 2 is
    Step 2) come back make a few improvements, copy those with real innovation and ability(eh MYSELF) and have everyone give you credit and continue to tell all their friends about LEB.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2012

Look everyone, I found a picture of @taipres

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@TheLinuxBug said: "Look what I can do!"

Better than the same desperate posts on here by the poor users that have to accept crap because others do and pretend it's anything other than that, crap. "does this host allow tor, or proxies" "what payment methods, does this host accept" etc etc...my site shows all that. The basic essentials, that a educated consumers DESERVES to know.What does LEB do? tell the consumer to go read the TOS...

LEB has no problem cashing its $500+ a month check though does it? I've had ads removed off my site for a month, because I just don't care. If you want to insult me, be my guess but that's your dysfunction, you're everything wrong with progress.

• taiprestaipres Member

I've all but stop dev on my site though, in terms of features, at least for awhile, you guys have NO IDEA the level I could of taken CVD. I was just getting warmed up, but now I realize my time and energy better spent on other things. But I will keep the site going for all the awesome people out there that "get it" and whom I appreciate.

• An on-topic post that I figure I should ask here as it may be of use to the other people with test VPSes:

is IRC allowed?

• laaevlaaev Member

@ihatetonyy said: is IRC allowed?

As long as you are positive you will not be DDoSed, so if its for personal use or solely for friends, this is perfectly fine.

• exussumexussum Member

@FTN_Kevin

Just to make sure this rule still applies

"We are constantly monitoring our servers and we request you keep your server load below 5.00"
    and its not higher or lower for the testing period ?

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited May 2012

• KMyersKMyers Member

@FTN_Kevin said: Debian & Ubuntu templates have been added

>

Thanks Kevin,
    So far I have installed Ubuntu and am doing some benchmarks..

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.31693 s, 115 MB/s

I will take a bit of time later this weekend to give it a slight bashing

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2012

@taipres I have to say you're like a bomb waiting to go off. I am thoroughly entertained by you, please continue speaking your mind.

However, good luck with your new systems guys.

(Some comments removed, they are no longer accurate)