Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help us test drive our new XEN PV Linux VPS's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help us test drive our new XEN PV Linux VPS's

laaevlaaev Member
edited May 2012 in General

Hi all,

We are in the process of rolling out our new XEN PV Linux VPS line and are looking for 5 people who are willing to test drive the VPS and report back with results and feedback via PM or email at least once per week.

For participating in this test you will receive the XEN PV Linux VPS for one month (30 days) and a $5 URPad account credit which may be used towards any future orders/invoices with us.

The first 5 people in this thread to reply will be selected, do not apply if you intend on taking one to let it sit idle doing nothing, I am looking for people who will actually put something on it or install some applications.

Thanks!

Best,
Kevin

Comments

• KMyersKMyers Member
    edited May 2012

@FTN_Kevin
    What are the specs and location of these VPSs? Are they also in NY?

Also what is the price after the trial

• exussumexussum Member

Ill give it a go

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@HostBluff said: What are the specs and location of these VPSs? Are they also in NY?

Hi Keith,

These are in New York City, correct. Here's a test IP: 107.6.84.202

Specs for the test:
    512MB RAM, 40GB Disk Space, 300GB Bandwidth 100Mbps

As for the price after the trial, it will be about $5-7/m, we haven't completely decided yet. No one is obligated to renew after the 30 day testing period.

• laaevlaaev Member

@exussum said: Ill give it a go

Thanks I will PM you shortly.

Still looking for 4 more people

• taiprestaipres Member

ooo ooo me

• Meeeee

• KMyersKMyers Member

@FTN_Kevin said: Hi Keith,

These are in New York City, correct. Here's a test IP: 107.6.84.202

Specs for the test:

512MB RAM, 40GB Disk Space, 300GB Bandwidth 100Mbps

As for the price after the trial, it will be about $5-7/m, we haven't completely decided yet. No one is obligated to renew after the 30 day testing period.

Nice, Count me in. I need a third URPad box anyways (for next years joke)

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: ooo ooo me

Taipres, given our past I am not sure how to respond to this.

@bijan588 said: Meeeee

I will PM you

• debugdebug Member

I think I'm the 5th?

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

Keith and debug, you're in as well. I sent you debug a PM and will IM you on GTalk Keith

I am still looking for one more person to test.

• I'd like to join!

• laaevlaaev Member

@ihatetonyy said: I'd like to join!

Okay you are the 5th. I sent you a PM. Thanks all for the quick participation, we appreciate it greatly.

• TaylorTaylor Member

Just going to casually put my self down as a reserve. :P

• taiprestaipres Member

@FTN_Kevin thanks for lieing, you said the first five. Your company is clearly bias, and I won't ever ever ever EVER rent a VPS from you, and I hope consumers take note of companies who aren't bias and have better deals.

• FreekFreek Member

@taipres Not sure if sarcasm...

• KMyersKMyers Member

@FTN_Kevin said: Keith and debug, you're in as well. I sent you debug a PM and will IM you on GTalk Keith

I am still looking for one more person to test.

Hey Kevin, I am going to PM you my new GTalk, its changed since we last spoke.

@taipres said: @FTN_Kevin thanks for lieing, you said the first five. Your company is clearly bias, and I won't ever ever ever EVER rent a VPS from you, and I hope consumers take note of companies who aren't bias and have better deals.

Hello,
    I believe I read the thread that Kevin is revering to. I also agree that it may be in your best interest to not do business with URPad

• @taipres - LMFAO Are you serious? They're offering a deal, you've shat on this company in every thread I've opened, and you come here with your hand out expecting a test box and when Kevin hesitates...you do a complete 180 and call them biased!?!?!

Over something NOBODY is even entitled to? My goodness.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@sajanNOPPIX said: @taipres - LMFAO Are you serious? They're offering a deal, you've shat on this company in every thread I've opened, and you come here with your hand out expecting a test box and when Kevin hesitates...you do a complete 180 and call them biased!?!?!

Over something NOBODY is even entitled to? My goodness.

My site SENT their company traffic and most likely sales. I've said nothing against urpad specifically, check any thread you want, in fact has been the opposite. The owners are clearly just bias, as they showed today. Which is fine, they don't offer anything one can't find at another company, short of unbiased owners that is.

He said first five, saw and acknowledge my entrance, then decided to skip over me and pick others. How would you feel if you order a VPS from some company they noticed your name, decided to cancel your order and pick someone else? That's not how business is done, you keep personal out of it. At least good businesses that is.

If this were a business that mattered, say mcdonalds and they decided to deny you food because they were bias and just didn't like you, what then? You'd sue the crap out of them, and win.

• KMyersKMyers Member

@FTN-Kevin,
    Accept my invite on GTalk

• rds100rds100 Member

@taipres said: How would you feel if you order a VPS from some company they noticed your name, decided to cancel your order

Don't know, we do this almost every day - reject orders that we find too suspicious / don't like. Is it a bad thing? I don't think so :)

• vedranvedran Veteran

@taipres said: If this were a business that mattered, say mcdonalds and they decided to deny you food because they were bias and just didn't like you, what then? You'd sue the crap out of them, and win.

As far as I know, any business can refuse to offer you their service if they want.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • laaevlaaev Member

@Taipres always trying to start stuff with me, eh? :)

@HostBluff said: Kevin,
    Accept my invite on GTalk

Done, thanks so much Keith!

For those who PM'ed me back with there hostnames for the test VPS and didn't get the details yet I am working on it, and should be with you within the hour.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@vedran said: As far as I know, any business can refuse to offer you their service if they want.

They need a valid reason, since discrimination is illegal at least in the states. Otherwise they can just deny service because you're black, gay, fat, etc etc...goes on and on. Anyway i'll just continue to just cheer on quality companies, and hope they continue to be successful.

• KMyersKMyers Member

@taipres said: They need a valid reason, since discrimination is illegal at least in the states. Otherwise they can just deny service because you're black, gay, fat, etc etc...goes on and on. Anyway i'll just continue to just cheer on quality companies, and hope they continue to be successful.

Actually they DONT need a reason at all.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • laaevlaaev Member

All PMs have been responded to, and root login information to the test drive XEN PV VPS + SolusVM were sent. For those who have decided to participate, please don't forget to PM me with weekly results and any feedback you may have.

Thanks!

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@HostBluff said: Actually they DONT need a reason at all.

Considering the number of companies that have been sued for discrimination and lost big, i'd say you were incorrect. Anyway I don't care now, i'm over urpad, there's hundreds of budget VPS providers who'll happily accept my business and give me a fair shot at their offers.

• KMyersKMyers Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: Considering the number of companies that have been sued for discrimination and lost big, i'd say you were incorrect. Anyway I don't care now, i'm over urpad, there's hundreds of budget VPS providers who'll happily accept my business and give me a fair shot at their offers.

Hello,
    Please do sue URPad, I would love you to waste all that money ib a case you cant win.

For some items (such as employment), you cannot discriminate based on Race, Religion, Gender, etc. You can however turn down an applicant because of a past prior interaction. May I ask how old you are or will you need your parent to take them to court on your behalf?

And for the record, I have seen some of your comments, I am shocked any company will let you host with them, I would not even let you in with HostBluff

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • KMyersKMyers Member

@Kevin - I just got your email. Sorry I signed out of chat for a moment. I was able to ssh into the VM so it works and appears responsive.

Can you do me a favor and put a Ubuntu 11.10 (or 12.04) template in so I can install it

• @HostBluff said: And for the record, I have seen some of your comments, I am shocked any company will let you host with them, I would not even let you in with HostBluff

Don't be harsh.

• laaevlaaev Member

@HostBluff said: I just got your email. Sorry I signed out of chat for a moment. I was able to ssh into the VM so it works and appears responsive.

Awesome :)

@HostBluff said: Can you do me a favor and put a Ubuntu 11.10 (or 12.04) template in so I can install it

I'm currently adding a bunch of different templates from Stacklet. Ubuntu will appear shortly.