Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Enterprise Server monitoring (Beta) / Free to Join - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Enterprise Server monitoring (Beta) / Free to Join

Comments

• @Cakey said:
    CentOS 6.5

Okay. I installed centos 6.5 on hvm and pv. What visualization that you are using?

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited April 2014

Looks like it is working regardless.

I am on OVZ. Thanks for the bump up of servers on my account. Will deal with the rest tomorrow.

• CakeyCakey Member

@wojons said:
    Okay. I installed centos 6.5 on hvm and pv. What visualization that you are using?

Iniz's VZ256

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited April 2014

@wojons How to add more machine?

• Monsta_AU said: Looks like it is working regardless.

I am on OVZ. Thanks for the bump up of servers on my account. Will deal with the rest tomorrow.

Cakey said: @wojons said: Okay. I installed centos 6.5 on hvm and pv. What visualization that you are using?

Iniz's VZ256

I will setup an openvz machine and test this and see if i can get to the button of the problem.

Noerman said: @wojons How to add more machine?

Please send me an email at [email protected] I will be able to change your limit then.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi, i have problem with password reset. Can you check it?

Regards

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • Does this work with Unix (BSD) too? Anyway, applied.

• drserver said: Hi, i have problem with password reset. Can you check it?

I had the same... until I realised that the username changed to email address somewhere in the login.

Anyway, generally it looks good and I really like the process monitoring - means I can see what is eating the CPU. There are still some issues with network throughput and I am pretty sure the storage monitoring is broken in CentOS.

Generally, it is a good effort against the likes of NodeQuery but lacks some basics. I look forward to what comes in updates.

• wojonswojons Member
    edited April 2014

Monsta_AU said: Anyway, generally it looks good and I really like the process monitoring - means I can see what is eating the CPU. There are still some issues with network throughput and I am pretty sure the storage monitoring is broken in CentOS.

Generally, it is a good effort against the likes of NodeQuery but lacks some basics. I look forward to what comes in updates.

Thank you very much. When you say broken in centos are you using nfs drives or openvz . I just found out about the nfs bug but the openvz one make things like iotop much harder since its a shared kernel.

IceCream said: Does this work with Unix (BSD) too? Anyway, applied.

I will send you your replys shortly. Unix (BSD) is not supported yet but i fully plan on supporting it.

• Thank you very much. When you say broken in centos are you using nfs drives or openvz . I just found out about the nfs bug but the openvz one make things like iotop much harder since its a shared kernel.

Yes, OpenVZ.

Be nice to have some ping tests available to us also. That is something that NodeQuery does well.

• Monsta_AU said: Yes, OpenVZ.

Be nice to have some ping tests available to us also. That is something that NodeQuery does well.

I will keep my eye open to see if there is another way to get IO metrics on an openvz machine maybe someone else found it and my google skills are less then i thought. Getting ping numbers is for sure planed. All i can say is the wait for it will be defiantly worth it.

• Ok so heres my bug report and suggestions.

When switching stats, it works, but the dropdown UI doesn't switch from system to processes for example.

It would also be nice to have this as a deb/rpm like newrelic and use a conf file for the API information. This way it can be mass deployed via puppet/chef. Its better to use a package manager than an install script.

• @pcfreak30 said:
    Ok so heres my bug report and suggestions.

When switching stats, it works, but the dropdown UI doesn't switch from system to processes for example.

It would also be nice to have this as a deb/rpm like newrelic and use a conf file for the API information. This way it can be mass deployed via puppet/chef. Its better to use a package manager than an install script.

One thing for sure is this will at least be in pip soon. I will see what i can do about debs and rpm. The system dropdown is really not ment to change. That is only one of many tabs that will be there. There will be a tab for each module or plugin that the server has enabled.

• @wojons said:

Meh, maybe It should change. If the user expects it to, and it doesn't, its a design flaw intended or not.

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited April 2014

I get IPv6 instead of IPv6 on my monitor, how to change that?

Edit:
    I get IPv6 instead of IPv4 on my monitor, how to change that?

• pcfreak30 said: Meh, maybe It should change. If the user expects it to, and it doesn't, its a design flaw intended or not.

You are right i will think of something to make the change easier to understand.

Noerman said: I get IPv6 instead of IPv6 on my monitor, how to change that?

You get IPv6 insteed of IPv6. are you saying your getting ipv6 and not ipv4.

• @wojons said:
    You get IPv6 insteed of IPv6. are you saying your getting ipv6 and not ipv4.

Yes, sorry I need to sleep now.

• @Noerman said:
    Yes, sorry I need to sleep now.

I enabled ipv6 last night and the ip address stuff its being pulled right from the http connect. So i guess i am asking does server have ipv6? and I guess I can do a force ipv4 maybe.

• wojons said: I guess I can do a force ipv4 maybe.

Love it, since we are still in the IPv4 world.

Btw, your site down and I wonder how to delete & uninstall machine?

This page (https://console.elastictrace.com/login) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by CloudFlare

• wojonswojons Member
    edited April 2014

Noerman said: Love it, since we are still in the IPv4 world.

Yup i totally understand I just know that own there own serves get 1 ipv4 setup nat and then do ipv6 for everything else

Btw, your site down and I wonder how to delete & uninstall machine?

Yes, I am very sorry about that I have fixed the problem that causes the site to be down. Your agent running on ur server should be have a queue running on it so values will not be lost and will be sent to the system once its back on line.

also to delete and uninstall there are a few things you delete the server from the interface go to the server click system then click about htere is a nice big delete button there. You can also remove the auto start from /etc/cron.d/elastictrace-agent if there is nothing there check your /etc/rc.local lastly there is /opt/elastictrace-agent. the config file is in /etc/elastictrace but thats up to you to keep it. It will be sad to see you go.

• First off, Sorry if I am totally off, its late for me, and my mind asleep like i should be.

I applied, and was admitted in, I am trying to install this on a headless box Debian box. and I don't seem to be having any luck. I am on a windows box, is there a way I can just get the command to run?

The error that your website is giving me is: from copy and paste "Error generating install code" and requirements: "Linux Kernel 2.6+ Python 2.6.x-2.7.x"

• @theduncan said:
    First off, Sorry if I am totally off, its late for me, and my mind asleep like i should be.

I applied, and was admitted in, I am trying to install this on a headless box Debian box. and I don't seem to be having any luck. I am on a windows box, is there a way I can just get the command to run?

The error that your website is giving me is: from copy and paste "Error generating install code" and requirements: "Linux Kernel 2.6+ Python 2.6.x-2.7.x"

Please send a support ticket to [email protected]

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@wojons Thank you for password reset fix.

• Try to add a bit of... beauty.

Just too scary graphs :)

• Profforg said: Try to add a bit of... beauty.

Just too scary graphs :)

What do you mean.

drserver said: @wojons Thank you for password reset fix.

anytime thanks for reporting it.

• Just an update that elastictrace is still performing well for my nodes! Good job, @wojons!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I know it is late, I did not see the post the first time around so I applied anyway :)

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited June 2014

There are still many many many bugs with this. -- it's on the right track though.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited June 2014

@wojons : A great example would be that it still doesn't work at all in the latest [nightly] Firefox:

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

something not working in a nightly build of something else is not really a bug.....