Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wtf is that on the main page
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wtf is that on the main page

flyfly Member
edited May 2012 in General

Is there any effort? It seems like whoever posted in the comments with the vps9 stuff put more effort into it than the OP, and he probably spent all of fifteen minutes. Btw, "Rashid tells us". Srsly? Even a quick note on the who is could have made the post 20x better.

Long live LET, cuz LEB is dead.

Thanked by 1beard

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Seriously, just stop. The complaints are falling on deaf ears now because they are just annoying and always conflicting.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • This is the hundredth time this dead horse has been beaten, and it seems people are becoming increasingly efficient at it.

No matter what we do we can't win, so now I'm just letting people complain because they are going to no matter what we do. I'll do my best to ignore the complaints from here on out because they really aren't helpful in the least bit. :)

• @liam said: ~I think providers need to provide their own test files as OVHs vs their own may be different speeds etc.

Just my thoughts.

I guess thats true, OVH may have the test files on a 10Gbps connection, whilst the host could have it on 100Mbps.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]

Unfortunately people would rage if we didn't have any test files/IPs in the post so we had to include something. :(

• I quite like that the Hahn posted the details below, makes it seem more community run.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @liam said: 1) Is IRC or VPN allowed?

Although, that can usually be found by going through their TOS (if they have one)

• KairusKairus Member

I miss LEA.

Thanked by 2Asim ztec
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Some of the old post from lea were done for fun or to let people see how "bad " some host look and discover hidden path and connections.

It was fun to read. I see some are doing this on the post and I think it's interesting...
    Let things rolling without going against joe and the other crew members...

• subigosubigo Member

@Kairus said: I miss LEA.

LEA was LEB. To try and continue it was a mistake.

• @liam said: Perhaps link to TOS/AUP then?

Haha, I can't even find their TOS.

@liam said: How about you ask providers for a certain level of information otherwise they don't qualify?

I'm putting together a document right now for the other LEB staff to get things more organized with a checklist.

• subigosubigo Member

@liam said: Any one else noticed how myrsk whois is a palace owned by Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum who is 'the Prime Minister and Vice President of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and constitutional monarch of Dubai.'

They actually just used "Nad Al Sheba 1", which isn't even an address, it's a section in Dubai. It would be like someone from New York City using "Queens" as their address and nothing else.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

how about posting offer first in LET and see what people say. then if everything is ok for a few hours of LET scrutiny, transfer to LEB?

• rds100rds100 Member

@jcaleb yeah, but then nothing will get posted on LEB, ever :)

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

@rds100 but checking offers is very taxing for the admins. maybe some community workflow can be done so that effort can be spread out, and have more post on LEB.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@kbar said: Long live LET, cuz LEB is dead.

Tried to tell you guys, but some of you mocked my efforts with CVD, and I hope you stick with LEB. When people like me come along and create something that gives you all you want and you essentially spit in my face, you don't deserve what was given IMHO. Just sayin...

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

@taipres can you please stop doing this? i like your site and your job with CVD, that's why i sent you an email months ago. if you have some suggestion just pm to @Chief or else..

• taiprestaipres Member

@liam said: Why do you still hang round then, out of interest?

Because I value those who didn't spit in my face :) Also provider input on here is quite useful too. As a VPS and hosting fan myself, it's neat to get their inside views and experience on the technical side of things. I suspect they're the lifeblood of this forum and why users flock here.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@Mon5t3r said: @taipres can you please stop doing this? i like your site and your job with CVD, that's why i sent you an email months ago. if you have some suggestion just pm to @Chief or else..

Or else what? You may cater to Chief, I do not. He did not create LEB and from what I can tell he hasn't done very much to keep it going. I'm a fan of the original LEA, he actually put the work in and made LEB what it was.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

I'm a member of LET since v2 and reader of LEB/LET v1.. i know what LEA has done with this site and community.. LEA trust Chief & Co (we were call them "A Trio") to run this site + community, and so do i..

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@Mon5t3r to be fair the original LEA seemed to of moved from this site very quickly, and just rushly handed it off to someone. And you don't even know who Cheif really is, those that make up the group do you? neat to trust people you don't even know. Anyway they clearly aren't doing a very good job, hence why so many on here are upset and keep making threads about it. You want my idea? Cheif should step down, all 3 of them, and make LEB a community thing, and the ad revenue that he's pocking (when he probably checks in once a month) should got towards hosting and site stuff only. That's my idea, then LEB won't be backlogged anymore. Because I can see you guys are active and are eager to write up deals and get them listed, problem is, because "someone" who clearly is all about control and power won't let people post without overlooking things. Funny I was accused of being a control freak, i've been nothing but the opposite and more I think about it, more lot of people here annoy me. You guys are like the opposite of most communities. Those that do right by another are treated well in other communities and those who ignore you etc...aren't, yet here you guys just love to be ignored, trust people you don't know and who aren't doing right by you. And pay them to do it, is getting beyond sad.

• @taipres said: And you don't even know who Cheif really is, those that make up the group do you?

@Cheif is @Joel

• taiprestaipres Member

Daniel there's suppose to be three of them, is he the main guy? Either way I still think LEB should be a community thing. Joel may not have time to post things, but the community does.

• rds100rds100 Member

Joel doesn't even need to post things, he just has to fix the permissions of some folder.

edited May 2012

Joel, Mark, and Me. The writers are made up of Asim, Jasper, and MikHo. Joel and Mark have been MIA for a bit but we've been working with what we've got. Once he's back or gives us more abilities we can make some changes we've been discussing for a while.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • beardbeard Member

@taipres said: Funny I was accused of being a control freak, i've been nothing but the opposite and more I think about it, more lot of people here annoy me. You guys are like the opposite of most communities.

Haven't been on here very long and solely based on your input on this discussion, you seem like that "come check out my cool new ____" kid when I was growing up.

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • @taipres said: And you don't even know who Cheif really is, those that make up the group do you? neat to trust people you don't even know.

I didn't know that we knew who LEA was. In fact, I was under the impression it was quite the secret.

With that in mind, we DO know who Chief/Cheif is. It was posted in an LET thread a while back.

@taipres said: You guys are like the opposite of most communities. Those that do right by another are treated well in other communities and those who ignore you etc...aren't, yet here you guys just love to be ignored, trust people you don't know and who aren't doing right by you. And pay them to do it, is getting beyond sad.

No one here is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to open your browser daily. Nor are they forcing you to make posts that alternate between complaining about providers, complaining about the people who are reading your posts, and playing the martyr role.

• taiprestaipres Member

@KuJoe said: Joel, Mark, and Me. It's not a secret. The writers are made up of Asim, Jasper, and MikHo. Joel has been MIA for a bit but we've been working with what we've got. Once he's back or gives us more abilities we can make some changes we've been discussing for a while.

Alrighty, well those who didn't know(which I bet is quite a few people), know now. Hopefully you get your privileges so the community can get deals posted.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Didn't read the thread, but I noticed the latest 2 posts don't even have provider webpage screenshots on them. That just smacks of LAZY. So I must agree with the question posed in the thread title.