Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS suspended my server and client area is offline - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

124»

Comments

• CarpeCarpe Member

always a newbie in the land of lowend here. in our ever changing/challenging world, always ask nicely first could go a long way.

• Lady gaga

• @MarkTurner change ssh port does not really help to secure either ssh server or whole system in general.

• @namhuy that's true, it just helps to reduce the clutter in the logs.

• ATHKATHK Member

• W1V_Lee said: I don't get that. Your history and signature suggests that you would know. Jeez even I know a server regardless of usage that is connected to the net needs to be secured.

What i meant to say is that because of not securing my server a widespread ddos has occurred , and i didn't know that something like that could actually happen

• @namhuy said:
    MarkTurner change ssh port does not really help to secure either ssh server or whole system in general.

There's also good reasons to not change your SSH port.

• Delimiter's ubuntu template has ntp preinstalled?

• CakeyCakey Member

@DDoSHost said:
    They should look into getting some decent DDoS protection for their main site.

Yea lets buy some ovh dedis and call it ddos protected out having any experience how to actually stop one.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Cakey said:
    Yea lets buy some ovh dedis and call it ddos protected out having any experience how to actually stop one.

Are you going to continue to respond negatively to everything I post here? Seems weird that you're now replying to everything I post.

• CakeyCakey Member

@DDoSHost said:
    Are you going to continue to respond negatively to everything I post here? Seems weird that you're now replying to everything I post.

Ehm, I've replied to you 3 times in the past 3 days?

• @Cakey said:
    Ehm, I've replied to you 3 times in the past 3 days?

Well stop.

• CakeyCakey Member

@DDoSHost said:
    Well stop.

So we're not allowed to have opinions anymore?

I mean like, the stuff you provide is somewhat of a joke imo.

• @Cakey said:
    I mean like, the stuff you provide is somewhat of a joke imo.

That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback. Opinion has been heard loud and clear, and has been filed and documented. Now, please stop.

• CakeyCakey Member

@DDoSHost said:
    That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback. Opinion has been heard loud and clear, and has been filed and documented. Now, please stop.

Right...
    Well I was just quoting on that ridiculous quote that they should get some decent DDoS protection from someone who doesn't know much about it.

But I'll stop now.

• @Cakey said:
    Right... Well I was just quoting on that ridiculous quote that they should get some decent DDoS protection from someone who doesn't know much about it.

But I'll stop now.

Good to hear. About time, thanks.

• Sorre for the late reply.

joodle said: Sell? I never ever sold any website i ripped, and yes, i did rip websites but i did not sell them

Excuse me, but isn't that exactly what you did?

Let me quote from the PM send by you to @Chief:

@xprotocept said: Well, i did it because i thought adcrun.ch and adf.ly would make me tons of money that way

There is no moral difference between selling and trying to make profit...

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    There is no moral difference between selling and trying to make profit...

I have no doubt that what you sre saying is true, I'm just curious on how you got hold of PM's to Chief?

• MikHo said: I have no doubt that what you sre saying is true, I'm just curious on how you got hold of PM's to Chief?

He posted it here:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/17372/#Comment_17372

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Thanks, can't keep up with all old threads.