Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS suspended my server and client area is offline - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• Joodle.got n00dled

• @infected said:
    Joodle.got n00dled

Well thanks i guess? xD

• joodle said: What a scam company damn, never gonna do business with them again

you know the history of the company and how bad it is. it's slightly silly that you joined them in the first place

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited April 2014

@TarZZ92 said:
    you know the history of the company and how bad it is. it's slightly silly that you joined them in the first place

Well, after seeing some nice talk about them here i decided to give it a go again, shouldn't have done that

• HeinzHeinz Member

@TarZZ92 said:

In all fairness @joodle have pretty much the same history as Delimiter just on a much smaller amateur scale. His wrongdoings were widely known at LET years back.

• @Heinz said:
    In all fairness @joodle have pretty much the same history as Delimiter just on a much smaller amateur scale. His wrongdoings were widely known at LET years back.

I'm sorry but WHAT? Where are you talking about? Did i have a hosting company back in those days? Nope i didn't

Am i changed? Yes i am, is delimiter changed? NOPE

• HeinzHeinz Member

So guess you burried your rip off past deep in memory too? Nick change and time do miracles... What was your old LET nickname? The one you were known as liar and rip off scammer?

• Heinz said: The one you were known as liar and rip off scammer?

Me a scammer? I don't know where the f*ck you are talking about, I never scammed anyone

• HeinzHeinz Member

So you're not hackforum member who ripped off so many other hosts websites to sell them around? Known pathological liar from old LET days? What was his... I mean your old LET nickname?

• Heinz said: to sell them around?

Sell? I never ever sold any website i ripped, and yes, i did rip websites but i did not sell them, and yes i have made a public apology on here years ago

What is your problem dude?

• Thanked by 1Heinz
  • HeinzHeinz Member
    edited April 2014

My problem is that you were always pathological lying drama queen. Person no one should ever trust.

• @Heinz said:
    My problem is that you were always pathological lying drama queen. Person no one should ever trust. So what was your old LET nickname?

Dude, are you trying to fuck up my life even more or something? I HAVE CHANGED, and i'm doing better and better every day

And umm... yeah... I'm not lying anymore thank you very much

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited April 2014

joodle said: Dude, are you trying to fuck up my life even more or something?

Eh, lying drama queen... as always. No one gives a sh** about your life, lies and searching for drama. All what I am saying is that you're the last one to accuse anyone of anything. Some people still remember how often you were caught lying and much credibility your words have - that's why I said that you have pretty much the same history as Delimiter just on a much smaller amateur scale.

• @Heinz said:
    Eh, lying drama queen... as always.

Thanks, and no i'm not

Go home now, go fuck up someone elses life

• BruceBruce Member

so the DOSing wasn't a simple innocent mistake. seems you have form. in that case Delimiter were right to chop you

• @Bruce said:
    so the DOSing wasn't a simple innocent mistake. seems you have form. in that case Delimiter were right to chop you

Wait What? So you're thinking i was sending attacks from my server? Why would i do that...

• BruceBruce Member

@joodle said:

I don't know, but it doesn't look good does it

I'm not taking sides. Either you're guilty of DOSing (criminal), or not competent enough to prevent others doing so. Either way that's not what a supplier needs from a customer.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Bruce said: I'm not taking sides. Either you're guilty of DOSing (criminal), or not competent enough to prevent others doing so. Either way that's not what a supplier needs from a customer.

I already have enough troubles with the cops, court etc. Anyway, this was my first server which was subject to a ddos attack, ntp/dns vulnerable thingy

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@joodle said:
    Anyway, this was my first server which was subject to a ddos attack, ntp/dns vulnerable thingy

It happens I'm afraid mate, just accept it and move on instead of blaming the provider.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • RLTRLT Member

Sounds like your other servers just haven't been scanned by the right people yet. They are all most likely vulnerable.

• joodle said: I already have enough troubles with the cops, court etc.

OMG he's from Liverpool.

• LinkkingLinkking Member
    edited April 2014

@Jack said:
    Nothing wrong with scousers.

Only If you live in a castle with bars on the windows and a few archers posted on the towers, and park your car in a locked up garage.

• Bottom line your action (or lack of action) caused quite a widespread DDOS. You can see just from the four minutes of traffic I posted to you earlier that this was not just a couple of pings. There are 2.5 pages (30 incidents per page) caused by your server.

We don't want this type of problem on our network, its disruptive to our other customers who have taken the necessary precautions to safeguard the servers.

You'll get SSH only access to retrieve your data and the service will be cancelled. Once this is done you can open a ticket with billing and ask them to consider a refund.

Thanked by 2netomx mpkossen
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@MarkTuner is realy nice, you DDOS and you get also a refund.

Other hosts terminate you here :)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Ian_Ian_ Member

Wow this thread back fired. But why open a thread like this you bring negative attention to yourself and your company. You screwed up by not securing your stuff and want to blame someone for you lack of attention to details. Also throwing your personal life into this makes me doubt your really suited to even run a company of any kind. Sorry but when are you gonna grow up and take it like a man and stop acting like a my 6 yr old daughter crying and blaming everyone else for your faults or situations YOU put yourself in.

• MarkTurner said: Bottom line your action (or lack of action) caused quite a widespread DDOS. You can see just from the four minutes of traffic I posted to you earlier that this was not just a couple of pings. There are 2.5 pages (30 incidents per page) caused by your server.

We don't want this type of problem on our network, its disruptive to our other customers who have taken the necessary precautions to safeguard the servers.

You'll get SSH only access to retrieve your data and the service will be cancelled. Once this is done you can open a ticket with billing and ask them to consider a refund.

First of all, my deep apologies to you @MarkTurner and to Delimiter, didn't know not securing my (dev) server would cause a really big issue :( I didn't want this to happen, and i agree with the way that my server will be canceled due to the issues caused by me

I'm still waiting for the reply from support to get SSH access so i can get my data off the server

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited April 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    Bottom line your action (or lack of action) caused quite a widespread DDOS. You can see just from the four minutes of traffic I posted to you earlier that this was not just a couple of pings. There are 2.5 pages (30 incidents per page) caused by your server.

Not taking OPs side or anything here, but I think more people should just have templates that don't have a dns/ntp server included. If people want it they can install it themselves, it isn't hard. As for ssh and, maybe include a really hard to miss guide on how to properly(imo) use ssh (key only, 'PermitRootLogin no' in sshd.conf after you give yourself sudo etc) in the email, at the very top of the message.

• IshaqIshaq Member

joodle said: Go home now, go fuck up someone elses life

Wow. And that would be okay?

• LeeLee Veteran

joodle said: didn't know not securing my (dev) server would cause a really big issue

I don't get that. Your history and signature suggests that you would know. Jeez even I know a server regardless of usage that is connected to the net needs to be secured.

Aside from that I have never used delimiter but I might now, I like the way they handled this situation.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner Upstage