Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | More B/W | Native IPv6 | Yr + Mo + Qr Offers | No BS! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | More B/W | Native IPv6 | Yr + Mo + Qr Offers | No BS!

Comments

• @badpatrick said:
    Birthday Cake Oreo Cookies. Mmmmmm :)

Send some :D

• @tchen said:

I 2nd this to the letter.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • souensouen Member
    edited April 2014

Nice offer. Looking into getting one, but have a little question about this part of the TOS:

10. We reserve the right to terminate any account without warning or notice if any of the TOS or AUP restrictions are violated and we reserve the right to examine the contents of any account at any time.

Does that mean the provider can look inside the vps without customer notice/consent? If so, what is the reason for this policy?

(Honest question, I'd like to make sure I understood the TOS correctly before deciding.)

• fiendfiend Member

uau... so basically @MCHPhil is a bit rough on the edges, has lousy setup instructions and a weird hosting setup (thats just me, but if it isnt absolutely plain and simple, then some hand holding on initial setup is in order, with management or not, you want people to stay and enjoy but thats just me), regardless of that @ricardo I'm sure you feel robbed, but come on, being civil and relaxed is important in all things, bottom line @MCHPhil promised a refund and if he didn't pay up, then you would have a case, and we would all be on your side, but you went on a... tantrum cause you wanted it now! plus you threaten to go to forums and to dispute... who does that? I've had hosts promise me refunds in 15days and then i still had to nag them after that to pay up or they didn't pay ever, so nitpicking about every little thing on lowendtalk just makes you look... meh

• @souen said:
    Nice offer. Looking into getting one, but have a little question about this part of the TOS:

10. We reserve the right to terminate any account without warning or notice if any of the TOS or AUP restrictions are violated and we reserve the right to examine the contents of any account at any time.

Does that mean the provider can look inside the vps without customer notice/consent? If so, what is the reason for this policy?

(Honest question, I'd like to make sure I understood the TOS correctly before deciding.)

Please read this as, if you break a TOS or AUP item I will suspend your VPS with out a second chance. I added the "snooping" line for situations where someone may say something does not work, plaster it all over LET or etc. I usually then double check things because if it's my problem I will just refund. I do not have time or care to snoop through VM's or etc.

@fiend said:
    uau... so basically MCHPhil is a bit rough on the edges, has lousy setup instructions and a weird hosting setup (thats just me, but if it isnt absolutely plain and simple, then some hand holding on initial setup is in order, with management or not, you want people to stay and enjoy but thats just me), regardless of that ricardo I'm sure you feel robbed, but come on, being civil and relaxed is important in all things, bottom line MCHPhil promised a refund and if he didn't pay up, then you would have a case, and we would all be on your side, but you went on a... tantrum cause you wanted it now! plus you threaten to go to forums and to dispute... who does that? I've had hosts promise me refunds in 15days and then i still had to nag them after that to pay up or they didn't pay ever, so nitpicking about every little thing on lowendtalk just makes you look... meh

I would like to add, a few months back, with the assistance of a few members here. The networking setup was automated for any templates I provide. This allows those that for any reason do not want to deal with issues related to network configuration to use a pre made template that includes a network configuration script. There are not many if any other KVM providers out of OVH. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I've not honestly looked too hard. That is because of the issues surrounding the networking environment and the way KVM works. With XEN you can do cool stuff like add routes etc. OpenVZ is just setup host node and go. KVM has no way to do any of these things.. The gateway's for all my IP's are the host node's gateway. That means they are outside of the subnet, which is 255.255.255.255. That requires routes to be manually set. Sucks but meh. It's business :D

• souensouen Member

MCHPhil said: I added the "snooping" line for situations where someone may say something does not work, plaster it all over LET or etc. I usually then double check things because if it's my problem I will just refund. I do not have time or care to snoop through VM's or etc.

Thanks for the quick reply and clarification.

• Not a problem, if you have any other questions please feel free. Shoot me a PM or ticket if you want to keep it private. I do not mind.

Thanked by 1souen
  • nunimnunim Member
    edited April 2014

I'm quite happy with my MCH service I'm even thinking of ordering another, although I already have 2 that get used quite heavily.

I'm glad Phil is teaching people that they should wait like adults instead of crying to PayPal. You were offered a refund, you shot yourself in the foot by starting a charge-back for no reason.

I've been buying web hosting in one form or another for over 10 years now, not once have I ever had to go to PayPal or file a charge-back.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil Mark_R
  • This is actually the first chargeback I've ever filed, and I've been buying hosting for longer than that.

I made a judgement call in my request for assistance that MCHPhil maybe lacked some social skills, and due to his rudeness I intimated I'd chargeback and write a negative review since he was uncooperative at best, rude at worst. Courtesy and respect costs nothing. If you read the thread you'll discover he cancelled my account and afterwards I charged back, rather than "crying to paypal" as you put it. Since then it's been a case of covering his tracks.

I guess it's neither here nor there to be honest. Small time host with his make-believe ToS and a sophisticated bunch who managed to get their networking settings sorted out with this host. I think my judgement call is correct... I'm sure he'll be back next month scooping up another $50 worth of business either way, so it makes little difference.

• @ricardo said:
    This is actually the first chargeback I've ever filed, and I've been buying hosting for longer than that.

I made a judgement call in my request for assistance that MCHPhil maybe lacked some social skills, and due to his rudeness I intimated I'd chargeback and write a negative review since he was uncooperative at best, rude at worst. Courtesy and respect costs nothing. If you read the thread you'll discover he cancelled my account and afterwards I charged back, rather than "crying to paypal" as you put it. Since then it's been a case of covering his tracks.

I guess it's neither here nor there to be honest. Small time host with his make-believe ToS and a sophisticated bunch who managed to get their networking settings sorted out with this host. I think my judgement call is correct... I'm sure he'll be back next month scooping up another $50 worth of business either way, so it makes little difference.

He said he was going to refund you, but you performed a chargeback.

You lost the dispute and you still expect him to give you your money??!!

Thanked by 2MCHPhil connercg
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

If I said I performed the chargeback after his cancellation of my account for the tenth time, maybe you wouldn't ask that question.

I'm off to read my book about autism and empathy now. I'm not sure why you'd want to rehash what's already been said.

• MCHPhil was very helpful, got me setup with a custom package for a good price and got it all setup and running within half an hour. Disk IO was at 287 MB/s when I checked with a fresh install and download speeds were great from the Canada location, downloading about 20GB in about 15-20 minutes from Italy via rsync. Looking good

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • roykemroykem Member
    edited April 2014

i will note this provider. no offense to Phil.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@roykem said:
    Thank you to op, i will note this provider. no offense to Phil.

Ain't I op? :P

Thanked by 1nunim
  • @MCHPhil said:

my bad @_@!

• I have a kvm VPS with MCH and it's one of my best performing servers. I have had a few issues that were out of my control, and they weren't handled very professionally. Other issues were handled very quick and respectfully.

My 10 cents: If there isn't a quick answer to your problem, Phil will act like a douchebag and place the blame on you. He probably has some anger issues outside of work that affect him.

With all that said, I am more than glad with my purchase. It is definitely one of the best deals I've ever received on a KVM and I feel that I've gotten more than my money's worth. If you expect anything more, you should probably be spending more money.

Thanked by 1gattytto
  • @kinsei said:
    I have a kvm VPS with MCH and it's one of my best performing servers. I have had a few issues that were out of my control, and they weren't handled very professionally. Other issues were handled very quick and respectfully.

My 10 cents: If there isn't a quick answer to your problem, Phil will act like a douchebag and place the blame on you. He probably has some anger issues outside of work that affect him.

With all that said, I am more than glad with my purchase. It is definitely one of the best deals I've ever received on a KVM and I feel that I've gotten more than my money's worth. If you expect anything more, you should probably be spending more money.

If you're willing, PM me with information and I'll look into what happened. I'll correct things if need be.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

@kinsei , I think that is a fair summary. It feels like I caught him on a bad day and I took exception to it and his implication that I didn't follow simple instructions.

A lot of people here are impressed by the performance of the server.

Anyways, @MCHPhil , if you feel my posts are at odds with your offering, I wouldn't mind a moderator removing the comments. Half of them don't make sense anyway as you edited most of your posts.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited April 2014

@ricardo said:
    If I said I performed the chargeback after his cancellation of my account for the tenth time, maybe you wouldn't ask that question.

You were offered a refund, you have no one to blame but yourself. Maybe you and some people like you will learn from this that it's not okay to threaten charge-backs/disputes (that's not what they're for!!!) just to get your way.

3-5 days for a refund is not unreasonable and threatening a charge back will get your account terminated at ANY real provider. Your bank can take up to 5 business days to refund money to your account, maybe you should go burn down their headquarters, that'll teach em, right?

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@bigdarkmad said:
    I don't believe that Phil The Scammer is still around with his "your VPS is on"........
    Please see this video:

LOL I can't believe you still don't understand the word scam.

Let me try and help you.

Scam - a dishonest scheme; a fraud.

OH AND YOU'RE A SPAMMER I REMEMBER NOW. LOL Yea. I'm not friendly to spammers at all. You got lucky, I now hit people with $300 bills for stupid crap like spam.

Honestly, can a mod, @mpkossen or etc please clean this crap thread up. I think it is clear what the motive was for the outburst. It's spelled out clearly in the thread.

Has the report button been removed or what?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

+1 for @MCHPhil Great offer and great guy, think i'll pick one of these up :)

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

@nunim said:
    3-5 days for a refund is not unreasonable and threatening a charge back will get your account terminated at ANY real provider.

Well I suppose I could say it another 100 times, intimating it and doing it are two different things. The hosting was cancelled about an hour later after p1ssing him off in the thread insisting I followed the instructions. The chargeback then followed.

@nunim said:
    Your bank can take up to 5 business days to refund money to your account, maybe you should go burn down their headquarters, that'll teach em, right?

Maybe your bank in your part of the world. and MCH is not a bank, he's not going to accrue interest in his paypal account either, so your comparison....

The guy basically took the money because he felt he was in a position where he could and he wanted to. The ToS has been adapted to allow him to close your account due to chargebacks. It's been amusing reading the justification waver and vary. I've basically trolled the thread because obviously the hosting and cash is not worth it either way. On a personal level I think he's someone to avoid as I've tried to be reasonable with him but he's happy in an ivory tower with my $15 ;o)

• @ricardo would you do me a favor? Just go Away!!!

• AlexanderM said: Great offer and great guy, think i'll pick one of these up :)

He doesn't come across professional, sounds like he has a anger problem to me. This is one I'll avoid.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Montreal looking glass seems down.

I keep checking this out hoping that OVH has fixed their eastern Canada networking... I'd buy in a instant if they ever do.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@sleddog said:
    Montreal looking glass seems down.

I keep checking this out hoping that OVH has fixed their eastern Canada networking... I'd buy in a instant if they ever do.

Please just use the looking glass scripts on the main site. The lg-.domain.tld will be phased out shortly. Or was there something I missed during the integration into the main site? Please let me know.

Any issues should be corrected also at this time with the LG.

• +1 happy customer here.

The few problems I had were always resolved quickly by Phil. As long as you are willing to take the time to troubleshoot first and make sure the problem is not from your end, Phil will help you out.

Having said that, I do get the "don't bother me" vibe from him and I can see how it can rub some people the wrong way.

But he gets all the other important things right e.g. performance and value compared to other similarly prices hosts, so I am happy! :)

• @hazrulnizam said:
    +1 happy customer here.

The few problems I had were always resolved quickly by Phil. As long as you are willing to take the time to troubleshoot first and make sure the problem is not from your end, Phil will help you out.

Having said that, I do get the "don't bother me" vibe from him and I can see how it can rub some people the wrong way.

But he gets all the other important things right e.g. performance and value compared to other similarly prices hosts, so I am happy! :)

Shoot me a ticket # if you don't mind and I'll look into the situation and see if I can learn something from the situation.

• souensouen Member

Instant setup, looks good so far. It's a cool offer considering prices are usually a bit higher for CA and there aren't as many CA LEBs. Thanks for the special.

$ wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  3199.998 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 498 MB
    Total amount of swap : 31 MB
    System uptime :   21:22,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 10.8MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 34.3MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 26.0MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 6.60MB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 11.6MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 11.7MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.73MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 13.2MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 14.5MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 24.3MB/s 
    I/O speed :  375 MB/s

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhil said: Please just use the looking glass scripts on the main site.

http://www.mycustomhosting.net/kvm-vps.php seems to think my IP is 74.91.27.xx :)

Thanked by 1MCHPhil