Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | More B/W | Native IPv6 | Yr + Mo + Qr Offers | No BS! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | More B/W | Native IPv6 | Yr + Mo + Qr Offers | No BS!

Comments

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2014

@MCHPhil - U seen on YouTube, not a proof? :) - 1) http://youtu.be/cXXKdX4fFyA - 2) youtu.be/Rjve4vhk9RE Hope enough for you.

• MCHPhil said: Until next month? We will go through this again? LOL it's easy to talk shit behind a monitor. Keyboard warrior. Aren't you looking into the fraudrecord complaint? Don't let that slip by.

Sure, maybe paypal too. Why do you keep editing your posts after I reply?

Not a very professional response from a reputable provider, is it.

BTW I'm in Canada too... I've been a keyboard warrior since the 90's but I can board planes too...... lol

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

And your instructions for setting up the gateway are simply 3 lines that I put into /etc/network/interfaces and you keep acting like that was too difficult for me, or I just dreamed myself doing it. Get a grip! You'd rather have your customers fiddle around for hours when you couldn't afford the 2 minutes to check the IP was correctly assigned to my box.

• I'm one of the happy bunnies, but I don't need or expect any hand-holding. Love my 4gb kvm, keep up the great work Phil!

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • ub3rstarub3rstar Member
    edited April 2014

I'd like to add the problems that ricardo is having. I also had problems getting the network setup with my VPS from MCH. Everytime I asked about it, I was redirected to their knowledgebase on setting up the IPv4 addresses. After seeing that that didn't help, I started to do some digging. I found out that it wasn't working because MCH's gateways are all in completely different IP ranges than the IP address your assigned (as you'll notice in the knowledgebase article). This isn't a very ideal setup. On the majority of providers, if you get assigned an IP address such as 192.95.10.152 then your gateway is something like 192.95.10.1. If you try setting the gateway in an OS like FreeBSD, then it'll say there's something wrong with the route. The solution I found out was to add this into /etc/rc.conf in FreeBSD:

ifconfig_vtnet0="inet [YOUR ASSIGNED IP ADDRESS] netmask 255.255.255.255"
    static_routes="net1 net2"
    route_net1="-net [GATEWAY IP ADDRESS]/32 -iface vtnet0"
    route_net2="default [GATEWAY IP ADDRESS]"

Using the above, you can also figure out to set it up to work with IPv6 addresses. I've also heard that in some cases, changing the netmask to "255.0.0.0" works as well, but, MCH says that the netmask is always 255.255.255.255. I hope this helps others that came across this problem.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@fitvpn said:
    Proof? Just wake up, and read feedbacks from other posts. You, Floris Beast and other ass licking dudes around shut up everyone who try fight for a right.

How am I involved in this? I'm not sure what me, or my company have ever done to you.
    Thanks for being brave enough to mention me with @, oh wait you aren't now, if you have a problem with me or BeastVM, say it out loud, in fact, we are supporting freedom and fighting for rights. Fighting for a right is different than abusing a service or just being ignorant. @Ricardo clearly knew that he was violating the rules as they were stated in the ToS, read them before signing up. If @MCHPhil decides to give you your money back within 3-5 business days, and states that, a paypal chargeback is not a fair form of refund, then you're not in your right, are you?

This case is solely between @Ricardo and @MCHPhil and I don't know why I have to be mentioned in this.

Kind Regards,

Floris

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@ricardo said:
    And your instructions for setting up the gateway are simply 3 lines that I put into /etc/network/interfaces and you keep acting like that was too difficult for me, or I just dreamed myself doing it. Get a grip! You'd rather have your customers fiddle around for hours when you couldn't afford the 2 minutes to check the IP was correctly assigned to my box.

You were unable to follow the simple directions to receive a refund so yes you were unable to follow the directions to setup the networking correctly. As stated at the end of the ticket I was able to bring the network on your VM online simply by executing a few commands. Namely adding the route. You danced around my questions in the original thread you hijacked also, never providing me the output of two commands that would have simply told everyone you didn't follow the directions. It's cute the amount of BS out of you.

@ub3rstar said:
    I'd like to add the problems that ricardo is having. I also had problems getting the network setup with my VPS from MCH. Everytime I asked about it, I was redirected to their knowledgebase on setting up the IPv4 addresses. After seeing that that didn't help, I started to do some digging. I found out that it wasn't working because MCH's gateways are all in completely different IP ranges than the IP address your assigned (as you'll notice in the knowledgebase article). This isn't a very ideal setup. On the majority of providers, if you get assigned an IP address such as 192.95.10.152 then your gateway is something like 192.95.10.1. If you try setting the gateway in an OS like FreeBSD, then it'll say there's something wrong with the route. The solution I found out was to add this into /etc/rc.conf in FreeBSD:

Using the above, you can also figure out to set it up to work with IPv6 addresses. I've also heard that in some cases, changing the netmask to "255.0.0.0" works as well, but, MCH says that the netmask is always 255.255.255.255. I hope this helps others that came across this problem.

If you follow these suggestions you will get your IP blocked by OVH, sometime soon or later. I don't make these requirement up to cause issues for anyone. These are the requirements placed on the network by OVH. If you use a netmask other than 255.255.255.255 you are using an invalid configuration and will get your IP automatically blocked by OVH.

@floris sorry you were dragged into this crap. I would love to know how also, maybe just OVH is enough to say we are connected LOL. I honestly feel no providers should ever have to deal with these two class acts ever.

• For me I will simply refund immediately and relax having my coffee =)

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

Only 10 refunds this year out of 229 orders. Not at all bad if I must say.

@Netxons said:
    For me I will simply refund immediately and relax having my coffee =)

Huh?

• @floris ... the host suspended my account before the chargeback, unless intimating I will chargeback is also in the terms of service (it is not).

Chargebacks are for when the "product purchased is not fit for purpose" which was the case here.

@mcmyhost ... often when I sign up for a new VPS there is an issue in the automatic assignment of an IP. The host will simply reply "sorry, sorted that for you" and it will work and that's the last they'll hear from me. I followed your instructions and your weak comeback is that I didn't copy and paste the output to you. You simply could have spent a few minutes to check but you didn't, your preference was to imply I didn't know what I was doing.

You've wormed your way through this thread constantly editing your replies. You hide behind the fact I created a chargeback and play to the other hosting providers like I'm a "problem customer". This schtick is pretty much consistent with your replies. You're basically dishonest.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

You're basically a liar :D It's ok. You didn't know what you were doing and still don't hence you keep up this charade that any half intelligent consumer will see past. You just keep bumping my thread. Thanks!

Bump my thread again :D Please.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@Netxons said:

For me I will simply refund immediately and relax having my coffee =)

But then your VPS services aren't in the Lowend market, you don't deal with the same kind of costumers as we do, and your margins are way higher.

@ricardo

To be fair, it is stated in his ToS pretty clearly:
    http://www.mycustomhosting.net/tos.php

11. Refund policy ONLY applies to first order placed. Not all orders. Refunds are processed in 3 - 5 business days. If you do not receive it within 5 business days, please ticket so it may be investigated.

17. If you decide to charge back at any time you will not be eligible for a refund at any time.

based on the info I have availible, he handled accordingly to them. You agreed with a refund, he stopped your services, seems normal to me.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

http://web.archive.org/web/20130719174544/http://www.mycustomhosting.net/tos.php

11. We offer a 7 day 100% satisfaction guarantee on our Web Hosting and VPS plans. If you are not satisfied with your purchase please let us know for a refund! (Minus time used) We offer no refunds on domain name purchase with few exceptions. If you are an exception we have already contacted you to proceed with a refund. We will not refund if you are terminated due to violations of our AUP or TOS.

No mention of chargebacks.

You see, he added this in after the incident with me.

Dishonest.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

WOW july WOW. Your ticket was in October. Bump it again.

• Sure. Do you mail your customers when you've updated your terms of service? Let us know what dates you changed it.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

As most providers, subject to change without notice. You were also warned per the ticket that a chargeback would only cause further issues. You chose that route, not me. I gave you an option you refused it and decided to go do your own thing. Live with it. I did nothing sneaky or shady lol. I told you in plain English what would happen. Was I wrong at all?

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

That's funny because your terms of service does not provision for "subject to change without notice". Seems like it's not like a terms of service at all, since it's not enforced properly.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2014

+1 happy client.
    I have three KVM with @MCHPhil, could not be happier with the service or the provider.

I did a reinstall of one KVM from a template yesterday and networking installed automatically and correctly. IMO, I really do not understand why it was so hard for @ricardo to install properly.

EDIT: Never been called a "bunnie" before, not going to start now

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@ricardo said:
    That's funny because your terms of service does not provision for "subject to change without notice". Seems like it's not like a terms of service at all, since it's not enforced properly.

Honestly, take a step back and listen to yourself. You sound like your a few days off your meds. The policies were enforced, properly. You didn't receive a refund at all.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

Ah well, you could just refund the payment then we can consider that goodwill.

The archive clearly shows your terms of service doesn't mention chargebacks at all. You're just wriggling out of it.

You keep editing your posts after I reply to them and I'm not sure why you mention meds, I've been entirely reasonable but you seem to get a bit angry.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

@ricardo said:
    Ah well, you could just refund the payment then we can consider that goodwill.

After all this? WHY would I?

My morale's and values and pride are a bit higher than that.

• @ricardo said:

Still, this has nothing to do with your ticket, and you're trying to prove a point that's not there. You were not even a client, and you can not prove it was or wasn't there when the dispute was made, as far as I'm concerned, your proof is not very convincing.

• @Floris, you copied the terms of service pointing out that he cancels accounts for chargebacks, I replied with a more time-correct version of his terms of service showing that the terms you pointed out did not exist. Your reply is a touch incredulous to be honest... seems to be dragging it away from the facts.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@ricardo said:
    Floris, you copied the terms of service pointing out that he cancels accounts for chargebacks, I replied with a more time-correct version of his terms of service showing that the terms you pointed out did not exist. Your reply is a touch incredulous to be honest... seems to be dragging it away from the facts.

I don't see how this is a more time-correct version,
    July -> December? Yeah... That's 5 months man.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

My version is from July. The incident was in October. Your version is from now. I think in this case it's a touch obvious that the frame of reference is the July version rather than April 2014.

MCHPhil said: After all this? WHY would I?
    My morale's and values and pride are a bit higher than that.

scoff

I'm out. it's been fun but alas, there are more reputable providers to deal with.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2014

Chargeback provision there or not, your changing the focus of things.

I specifically informed you via ticket personally, that if you chargeback you would have problems. Why didn't you take that warning as it was. A warning as to the mess you could cause by charging back. I follow through with what I say. My word is all I have and you won't find me going back on it.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@ricardo said:
    My version is from July. The incident was in October. Your version is from now. I think in this case it's a touch obvious that the frame of reference is the July version rather than April 2014.

scoff

Actually, it's not, explain to me why it's so "obvious". I mean, in those 5 months, a provider can change his ToS several times to make it better fitting, the only valid reference would be a ToS from the day of the ticket or atleast a week around it.

• There's only 3 months between July and October. I'm not sure how you can defend a terms of service that you fully agree could change at any given moment. Anyways, how about leaving it. If you want to base a decision on an unknown or future document, that's your call.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@ricardo said:
    There's only 3 months between July and October. I'm not sure how you can defend a terms of service that you fully agree could change at any given moment. Anyways, how about leaving it. If you want to base a decision on an unknown or future document, that's your call.

Mistaken it with December, excuse me, but still 3 months is a long time, you base your facts on exactly the same document, and thus saying that your facts can be questioned aswell.

• Birthday Cake Oreo Cookies. Mmmmmm :)

Thanked by 1MCHPhil